Players from City of Heroes?

Bohmfalk

CoX was my only other MMO; played from beta until, oh, the last year or so of its existence, and had level 50s in every class across multiple servers (home was Liberty). Still flummoxed that they shut it down while the game remained profitable, but it was taken over by a Korean company, and City of Heroes/City of Villains never had the strong PVP element that Asian consumers seem to demand.

Pity. It did what it did better than any game around, and it's infinitely customizable character creator made SWTOR's look like a set of old Colorform dolls.

CoX was my only other MMO; played from beta until, oh, the last year or so of its existence, and had level 50s in every class across multiple servers (home was Liberty). Still flummoxed that they shut it down while the game remained profitable, but it was taken over by a Korean company, and City of Heroes/City of Villains never had the strong PVP element that Asian consumers seem to demand.

Pity. It did what it did better than any game around, and it's infinitely customizable character creator made SWTOR's look like a set of old Colorform dolls.

Agreed, the character creator was excellent!

• 1 month later...

Steel Authority Guild from Guardian, Liberty, Protector and Pinnacle servers. We're pretty much all present here. We were playing this game a bit before those mongoloids at NCsoft kick is off our planet. Most of us like this game quite a bit, but I can tell ya, we're DYING for sidekicking/exemplarring in this game. I swear, this game would be near perfect if it wasn't so fracking hard to group up.

Good to hear from all the CoX folks. Good memories :)

• 3 weeks later...

Niklarus here. Member of the Wild Cards on Triumph server with 47 mains and alts on that server by the time those [censored] mutha[censoreds] at NC Soft (May a thousand sand fleas and bed bugs infest their nether orifice and genitals!) shut down the game. Most of my alts were in the Cards, with some being in a solo SG so I could play around and have fun with base-building. So many fond memories of that game...

Now I'm over here on The Shadowlands server with the remnants of Fusion Force, an SG we were coalitioned with for many years. We've got a guild named Paragons in honor of our former home and still hang out/keep in touch on the Fusion Force website. (www.fusionforce.us)

• 5 weeks later...

Might be a bit late to the party, but another ex-CoHer here... played from closed beta 'til the servers went black, still miss that game. Played on Guardian mostly, with a branch out onto Protector later on in. @Wall of Knight was my global, if any of you ran across me... I tended to be the blaster, or the one playing like a blaster :p

... and I still miss my hideously, hideously overpowered Plant/Storm 'troller :rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

I know this post is old but I had to chime in.

Ex-Coh'er (I feel like i'm one of those anonymous meetings lol)

Only on the virtue server as:

XCelR8

Alex Ember

FeXtion

Tinkerboy

Mind over Lust

The one thing I like about people in coh is that we all knew how to work together. We were always pushing the limit, trying to see how much better, faster, more efficient we could do things. Trying to see how creative we could be. Giving away millions for having the best costume omg!

But now when I get in groups everyone is silent :confused:

They give up, everyone wants it easy. I tend to be the only one that wants to strategize. Everyone else wants to rush in and hope for the best.

I hope the attitudes we had from coh bleed onto the players of the cookie cutter mmo'er and we begin to see creativity again.

• 3 weeks later...