2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we all just get 4 complete sets of armour 11 days ago as a freebie with the Starfighter expansion? We have an event this week, Gree and Life day event starting next week + free fireworks. Sounds like a lot going on to me.

QFT. People just showing the typical entitled attitude and ungratefulness that many MMO players are notorious for.

I only used ONE firework, to see what it was like. The other 24 just sit in my cargo bay taking up space, and this years will too.

And regards to the GSF skin, it's not something for everyone is it. Not everyone likes GSF, not everyone uses scouts. Atleast release a skin for all the ship classes.

Atleast we get something though

I have yet to run by anyone using those four uniforms though.

One of the imperial ones is nice, and I would use it if it didnt mean having to strip all my mods out my current armour and add new augment slots to the GSF one.

SWTOR really needs a cosmetic outfit system which is worn separate to gear, similar to what other MMOs have. Then maybe the new gimmicky armours they release would see more use

(Lord of the Rings Online has one)

Face it. After its less than steller early success and quick fall to f2p, EAware didn't expect the game to last for two years, so they weren't really thinking ahead about what anniversary rewards should be. Then they suddenly realized "Holy crap, we're gonna make it to 2 years? Crap! Someone make something so they think we care!".

We just got a sizable expansion.

Maybe if you're a Lilliputian. Or a Lollipop Kid. GSF was better off when it was still the "secret project". At least it had hope while noone knew what it was.

Edited by Zorvan

I mean... Players have been begging and pleading for real space combat for just about two years now. Bioware has been working on incorporating this for a very long time.

I can understand the frustration at only having two maps right now but I for one am glad to finally be able to play competitive space combat against other players whenever I want to. id rather play it now and get bored of the same maps than wait 6 months for 6 maps that I would get bored with in a slightly longer period of time.

and yet it took them two years to copy star conflict and still get it wrong. star conflict has been our for a year now and even though its still in beta its WAY better than GSF. and to say you would much rather have a rushed out product with less content so you can get bored with it soon than wait a lil longer to have even more content that will take you even longer to get bored with just sounds stupid you know that right??

We just got a sizable expansion.

Have you contacted support about your inability to play the game for the past two years?

And FYI, it's a game you play for fun, not something you "put [time] into."

FYI i can say whatever I want...i can say i play for fun, i can say i put time into ( which is true )

And the GSF minigame is by far not an expansion...well to you it may be...but compared to other games expansions it's no where near the same.

Edited by Rileysoph

Well people complain no matter what they give them. Give them a pet? People whine because they don't use pets (I sure don't), give them a speeder and they whine that it's not as cool as the cartel market ones or that it isn't exclusive enough because now everyone has one (yes that was a complaint with the speeder we got recently), give them 500CC so they can buy something they want and it's not creative enough.

There is no winning for BioWare in this...

Honestly, if I was in charge, I wouldn't give the players anything for the 2nd anniversary... I'd ask what they were willing to give me since I have provided them with a game for 2 years...

and my reply would be the sub fee every month not to mention any cartel coin purchases. are you really that dumb? have you not played any other MMO game?? the people at bioware don't give a crap about its players it never has! it was obvious back when it was in beta! this game was published for a quick money grab and the only reason its still around is to bleed as much money as possible from us with as little effort as possible

this game was published for a quick money grab and the only reason its still around is to bleed as much money as possible from us with as little effort as possible

Im a bit puzzled by this sentence? Wouldnt that be the MO of every company on earth?

Though they would have it worded differently, this would be the mission statement of every company I know of, not just gaming studios.

Being that much of a negative person that you think getting free things is a sad joke must be very depressing. Try smiling more, you'll be healthier.

I am not being negative at all.

Here is people like you: So, you get a free rotten cheese burger. But, you should be glad you got something for free and sthu. You want to live in a sub-par world with "free" things...enjoy the mediocrity.

Free doesn't me good, worthy, or quality. Just because something is "free" doesn't mean it is worth a crap.

here is an analogy.

1) Promoting a average product with average quality and putting average effort into it expecting people who pay a monthly fee for this average product to be happy with table scraps.

or

2) Pushing your staff to do the best and be the best at everything they do making a superior and quality product which everyone can be proud of in so doing making the consumer and most of all subscribers amazed and happy in all things.

Which one do you think Bioware is with SWTOR heh? With "rewards" and "celebrations" like this it's obvious it is not the second one. I would be embarrassed to work at Bioware to be honest. Face it buddy, if this game didn't have the Star Wars logo and lightsabers with Sith and Jedi in it, it would have died LONG AGO.

You either DO SOMETHING RIGHT....or don't bother!!!

Edited by DarthVengeant

Maybe if you're a Lilliputian.
lol, I actually laughed.

and yet it took them two years to copy star conflict and still get it wrong. star conflict has been our for a year now and even though its still in beta its WAY better than GSF. and to say you would much rather have a rushed out product with less content so you can get bored with it soon than wait a lil longer to have even more content that will take you even longer to get bored with just sounds stupid you know that right??

This! Seriously, how can people not see how copy-pasted this "sizable" expansion is? They really should be ashamed if this is the "super secret space project."

Just compare the gameplay:

Star Conflict:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg41o0TkBCg

SWTOR:

*Sigh* I think they should just stick to to what they do well and make more makeb-like expansions. Or if they want to add more mini-games they should at least advertise them as such, and not as "expansions."

Edited by Blackholeskipper

Im a bit puzzled by this sentence? Wouldnt that be the MO of every company on earth?

Though they would have it worded differently, this would be the mission statement of every company I know of, not just gaming studios.

MMO gamers, for some reason, believe that games are produced for the sole purpose of making them happy. Anything that makes money is evil and must be destroyed. Also, every hardcore gamer in the forums would have made a great game developer if companies would simply LISTEN to them. They know all the answers. They knew them before they were born.

lol, I actually laughed.

This! Seriously, how can people not see how copy-pasted this "sizable" expansion is? They really should be ashamed if this is the "super secret space project."

Just compare the gameplay:

Star Conflict:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg41o0TkBCg

SWTOR:

*Sigh* I think they should just stick to to what they do well and make more makeb-like expansions. Or if they want to add more mini-games they should at least advertise them as such, and not as "expansions."

The fact that you think any of this is "copy and paste" just shows how little you know about anything that really goes on behind the scenes. Based on that, you can pretty much discount your post as trivial, meaningless ramblings of a kid who has no idea what goes on in the real world.

The fact that you think any of this is "copy and paste" just shows how little you know about anything that really goes on behind the scenes. Based on that, you can pretty much discount your post as trivial, meaningless ramblings of a kid who has no idea what goes on in the real world.

Right, and what exactly goes on behind the scenes? The SSSP that's supposedly been in the works for years just happens to look (well, with a bit of a downgrade) and play exactly like another f2p game that was released a year before this came out? Even the game modes are the same. Seriously, if you have some insights instead of immature insults, please share them.

Also, I doubt all video game developers enter the industry solely to make money. There's such as a thing as making a profit and pleasing your customer base. Bioware used to make top-quality RPGs and while Bioware-Austin isn't the same company they do still carry the Bioware name. Why do you expect MMO players to pay monthly fees and not expect anything in return? If, like you said, these companies are not here to please their customers and only to take their money, then they need to provide a product that customers are willing to pay for. And THAT is why people will post about things they would like see added to game... and don't forget, the only people who post here are people who pay. So they have a right to ask for certain things (otherwise what are they paying for?).

Edit: Hmm, upon further consideration I'm going to have to report your post because I think posts like yours make the forums toxic. Not that I think it will actually result in anything but I thought I'd let you know anyway as a... formality.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

I don't think they are required to give anything else for their 2 year anniversary...

Hell, if you think about it, WE are the ones that should be giving THEM stuff since they have been providing us with this game service for 2 years and putting up with all our whining...

So... what are YOU giving bioware for your anniversary?

I have been paying them a subscription and CC for 1 year and all I got was fireworks? Can they at least give us CCs for all the money that I have willingly and full heartedly given to them? And as for the paint jobs, as much as I love G.S.F I don't see the need for another paint job that nobody can even really see. Thanks for the free stuff BW, but it's a little on the blah side.

Can they at least give us CCs for all the money that I have willingly and full heartedly given to them?
They do.

They give you at least 500 of them each and every month.

As for any money you spend beyond your subscription payment, you have exchanged cash for virtual items at an agreed upon price.

They owe you nothing more.

I have been paying them a subscription and CC for 1 year and all I got was fireworks? Can they at least give us CCs for all the money that I have willingly and full heartedly given to them? And as for the paint jobs, as much as I love G.S.F I don't see the need for another paint job that nobody can even really see. Thanks for the free stuff BW, but it's a little on the blah side.

You pay 15 bucks a month you get 500 cc a month there's your CC for your money. As for the paintjob, you must have terrible eye sight if you can't spot your own paint job as you zoom off to your target of interest.

I wonder, does your landlord give you a new car or something every time you have an anniversary because you've been so "good" and paid the rent?

You are paying for a service, they don't owe you anything.

I wonder, does your landlord give you a new car or something every time you have an anniversary because you've been so "good" and paid the rent?

You are paying for a service, they don't owe you anything.

no they tend to raise rent every year.... but if something is broken they fix it!!! so that is kinda like getting new stuff B^P

and also for my "anniversary" at my job i get a raise every year and they buy me lunch so poo on you i guess