Server queue

Idoya

Server status says "Light"

And yet, here I am, placed in a queue. Where it says, "as a subscriber, you get top priority to full servers".

And it says I'm fourth in queue, and the server wait is less than five minutes so, I wait. I go flick on a youtube video on my second monitor and watch it while I do. And suddenly... I'm fifth in queue. ***??

So, I alt tab to a browser to check server status on the site here, which tells me the same thing the game does: light.

I alt tab back and... I'm 20th in queue? You know queues are supposed to get shorter, right? Forget the whole "you have priority" stuff for a second cuz frankly, I don't give much of a damn about - considering the servers are "Light" why is there a queue at all?

But let's pretend that for argument's sake, the server was legitimately full. Why am I subbed if by 'priority' you actually mean 'yah, we're actually going to move you back in the queue because :reasons:'

*sigh* I usually like to log in when the EVE servers go down for daily half hour downtime. Daily downtime allows for some rudimentary maintenance and basic server checks that ensure they'll be up for another 23 hours, with only the most severe and difficult to detect faults causing a problem - these are very rare. They actually manage their servers really well, and use... you know, quality equipment. Anyway, it never actually takes a half an hour though, they're probably already back up. I'll be over there while you sort through the massive queue on this "Light" server load.

Edited by Idoya

I'm having the same issue, this is hardly prime time.

I started at 96 while reading your post, down to 94, up to 95 and I'm currently now at 88.

Wish me luck.

Good luck. I'll try again later, I'm not gonna sit around waiting, I've got wartargets in EVE to chase.

Interestingly, there was a patch for EVE today. Downtime was less than 20 minutes, and that included applying the patch. SWTOR takes two hours for 2.9c and evidently breaks the whole game :p

My main question is are people getting in or is an endless queue ?

I am like everyone else sitting in line.

BW really needs to fix this server. its been bad for so long.

NM just got in then instantly kicked LMAO

Edited by Kumbel

Appears that Hamster Version 28 has experienced a fatal loss of life service and requires a re-installation utilising Hamster Version 29. Since the server is now unavailable.

Prayers and thoughts go out to Hamster Version 28's friends and family.

Actually if you click on the "More Info" Link on the error message you receive more information......

"Server error 1003 means that the server you are attempting to connect to is about to enter maintenance mode, or the current hamster clone has ceased operational status. Please stand by so we can bring a replacement hamster out of cryostasis and attach to the biochemical neurological influx wave server core via s c r o t u m connection. We anticipate that full Services will resume as soon as possible. You can check the current status of the server (and s c r o t u m ) by visiting the server status thread on the game testing forums."

Edited by XEEVA

This isnt a 2.8 patch thing thats causing all these crashes. Its a hardware issue which has been going on since apac returned to harbinger. This server carries the heaviest load of all and the hardware imo was never updated to match. EA/BW tryin to save a few bucks. Stronghold just took it over its thresh hold.

Sucks since I couldnt sleep so I thought screw it ill craft some more.

Big fat NOPE lol

Guess its time to post here again like I do every time server goes down.:rak_01:

Edited by Kumbel

Actually if you click on the "More Info" Link on the error message you receive more information......

"Server error 1003 means that the server you are attempting to connect to is about to enter maintenance mode, or the current hamster clone has ceased operational status. Please stand by so we can bring a replacement hamster out of cryostasis and attach to the biochemical neurological influx wave server core via s c r o t u m connection. We anticipate that full Services will resume as soon as possible. You can check the current status of the server (and s c r o t u m ) by visiting the server status thread on the game testing forums."

Or if you click "More Info" the help window pops up, asks you to 'Please Wait' and doesn't get around to showing you any text whatsoever -- so yeah -- things just sometimes (as we are seeing) don't work as expected. I knew the button was there, it just did crap all. Being smart about it doesn't help.

Edited by Kilor

Appears that Hamster Version 28 has experienced a fatal loss of life service and requires a re-installation utilising Hamster Version 29. Since the server is now unavailable.

Prayers and thoughts go out to Hamster Version 28's friends and family.

Btw, I really wanted to 'like' your post but these forums appear to lack that option...

Good point actually, we got hit with downtime during our peak time last week while fighting for Hoth against another guild for planetary domination. We lost a few hours of serious grinding because of it. We had a theory that EAWare hates Aussies and that we were getting fk'd over hahahahaha

they hate aussies and disables american vets id thats the case cause i have SO MANY problems with this game. Always ask about it to get help and get trolled by ppl who say the game works perfectly fine and that im retarded (which i am technically) i think those ppl are EA reps trying to defend their game and make it seem legit