Gear Drops on Non-Final Bosses in Master Mode Ops Contradict Patch Notes

FerkWork

According to the patch notes for 5.2:

Link

"Tier 1 Unassembled Gear Pieces no longer drop in Operations.

Bosses will now drop the following Unassembled Gear Pieces in existing Operations:

Tier 2 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces - Story Mode

Tier 3 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Veteran Mode

Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)

Tier 4 Legendary Unassembled Gear Pieces – Master Mode (Final bosses)"

Also in this thread it was stated:

"The first change we are making is specific Unassembled Gear Pieces will now drop on each Operation boss in the game (except Golden Fury and Colossal Monolith). This means when you kill a boss in an Operation, you will know exactly what is going to drop and you can plan to run specific Operations if you are seeking a specific slot."

However this is not the reality for non final bosses in Master Mode Ops. As stated here, elsewhere, and in personal experience that is not true. Those bosses are dropping an assembled random blue or purple assembled piece that can be for any class even if that class is not present in raid. That's not even counting the fact that 244 or 246 can't be upgraded via PvP and 244 has inferior mod and overal same as HM 242. Not to mention there are no vendors for them even if they were unassembled.

So Devs can you either clarify this or fix it. Either have them drop 246 or just make them all drop 248 in NiM preferably the latter as you you can get BiS by doing HM Ops and upgrading via PvP; also it make the system less convoluted. Please don't repeat 4.0 with another NiM loot debacle. Thanks.

Edited by FerkWork

They're prolly burning the patch notes and are making up a story that you must have been wrong and it never happened (While waving a hand in a Jedi Like manner)

Nah, just kidding :)

I hope they will find a fix for this, because it can be quite annoying....

I wish but at the very least a clarification on the contradiction. Like is this intended and the patch notes are wrong or is this non intended and patch notes are right?

Wow, this is a truly terrible flub on EAWare's part... reminds me of the days of 1.X, where you got random gear drops assigned to random specific classes. You know, that system everyone hated? I really, really hope this is not working as intended and is indeed a bug, and that they will fix the drops so they match what the patch notes say. Edited by AscendingSky

Wow, this is a truly terrible flub on EAWare's part... reminds me of the days of 1.X, where you got random gear drops assigned to random specific classes. You know, that system everyone hated? I really, really hope this is not working as intended and is indeed a bug, and that they will fix the drops so they match what the patch notes say.

My theory is their sporiginal idea was to make it a token, but a token was never created for 244 blue and 246 purple gear, so it just "defaulted" to assembled gear with no basis on team make up. I don't think it was by design, just a big oversight on their part.

Bioware, you had a great system in 2.X.

Gear was focused around HM progression, with NiM being an interim stat reward for NiM raiders (plus some cool looking weapon design).

Gear from HM Scum and Villany was required for HM Dread Fortress/Palace. Gear from NiM SnV was in between HM SnV and HM DF/DP.

It seemed with the patch notes you were going back this way.

Old HM ops drop 242 legendary. The new operation drops 248 legendary. Old NiM drops gear in between (246 artifact). Get rid of the blues, and make all NiM drop 246 unassembled, except last bosses assuming that's to fill out the loot table that won't be available in HM GotM (or you could make GotM bosses drop multiple different pieces-no RNG please like HM Nefra at launch).

Edited by bdatt

Hoping for a dev reply on this. Drops contradict previously posted loot tables. Not only are non-optimized 244 worse than 242s, the fact that it drops pieces for classes not in the group composition is a bit ridiculous, IMO Edited by Samoth_Nomad

I seriously doubt they are going to create a token system + vendors just for 246 NiM non-final bosses.

It might be better if they quadrupled CXP from killing NiM bosses -- that way you level GC faster, which means you achieve max level 300 faster, and thus 248's.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Link

However this is not the reality for non final bosses in Master Mode Ops. As stated here, elsewhere, and in personal experience that is not true. Those bosses are dropping an assembled random blue or purple assembled piece that can be for any class even if that class is not present in raid. That's not even counting the fact that 244 or 246 can't be upgraded via PvP and 244 has inferior mod and overal same as HM 242. Not to mention there are no vendors for them even if they were unassembled.

So Devs can you either clarify this or fix it. Either have them drop 246 or just make them all drop 248 in NiM preferably the latter as you you can get BiS by doing HM Ops and upgrading via PvP; also it make the system less convoluted. Please don't repeat 4.0 with another NiM loot debacle. Thanks.

I would be happy if it is true. I really don't like the idea that pve gearing became such fast way of gearing up, whereas pvp requires tonns of time to gear up

I seriously doubt they are going to create a token system + vendors just for 246 NiM non-final bosses.

It might be better if they quadrupled CXP from killing NiM bosses -- that way you level GC faster, which means you achieve max level 300 faster, and thus 248's.

Then they need to come out and say that as it stands by Eric statement which to take at face value the intention vs reality is we cannot plan Gear drops in NiM outside of final bosses . Then again the final bosses of NiM don't even have the compete loot table. On the topic, no more CXP those who Raid want a system that works for them not more CXP we wish to be remain free of its shackles. They did it right with SM and HM and can they not do it for the highest difficulty?

Edited by FerkWork

I would be happy if it is true. I really don't like the idea that pve gearing became such fast way of gearing up, whereas pvp requires tonns of time to gear up

Uhm congrats...? If PvP gearing is a problem ask them to fix it or remove gear from equation. PvP gearing is pretty bad right now IMHO. But not really relevant to the topic at hand.....

Edited by FerkWork

If they don't wanna add 246 unassembled pieces or change the drops to 248, a nice compromise would be to have each boss drop a 246 piece as well as an unassembled 242 piece (except last boss which would still drop two 248 unassembled pieces). Edited by Eli_Porter

Spoken like someone who has never done any operations, let alone NiM operations. They are some of the hardest content in the game to clear. It isnt like most groups are going to be able to go in there and farm these ops. The hardest content in the game SHOULD reward those who are able to clear it. The fact that PVP gearing is so much more difficult is something that should be argued seperately

• Dev Post

Link

After talking with the team, currently this is my error in the patch notes. It is intended that non-final bosses are dropping Prototype and Artifact gear (not unassembled, which is my error). However, given the feedback of this thread (and the one you linked) the team is looking at improving this experience in the future.

Apologies for the confusion. I will let you know of any potential changes to this in the future and I will get the patchnotes updated.

-eric

After talking with the team, currently this is my error in the patch notes. It is intended that non-final bosses are dropping Prototype and Artifact gear (not unassembled, which is my error). However, given the feedback of this thread (and the one you linked) the team is looking at improving this experience in the future.

Apologies for the confusion. I will let you know of any potential changes to this in the future and I will get the patchnotes updated.

-eric

How could "the team" possibly think it was a good idea to reward players doing the hardest content in the game with random gear?! Random gearing doesn't even belong in SM ops, let alone NiM...