This game badly needs mods and macros.

Zingas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am against macros too

I prefer to use my mind to what skill i ll use next and not just 123 123 repeat until mob/player dead

Hooo boy.. There's SO much more you can do with macros than a rotation (which is stupid as it locks your response options to the sequence). Stuff like conditional filtering, cast method etc.

how about instead of needing macros/addons to play the game for you, you get better. Evolve or die.

Oh really? Cos last time I checked, having no dps meter addon will allow you to play much much worse without getting noticed. With no dps meter you can join a guild as a dps raid with them, and watch tv in the middle of boss fight and no one will notice :)

I don't understand how people see "linking dmg meters" as an evil thing. They just reflect what just happened! They are completely objective and tells exactly how much you hit the boss. Rest is completely on players' hands. If they mock you cos your dps is low, then dont play with them (play with someone who is ok with carrying your pathetic dps) or play better.

With my wow guild I really enjoy friendly dps competition with my guildmates and if you can not meet the dps requirement of a fight, then you should consider joining a more casual guild instead of whining on the forums "DAMAGE METERS SUCK!!!11!! REMOVE THEM!11!!"

Hating damage meter is really pathetic. I hate everyone who hates damage meters! Its like being a scammer. If that person doesnt wanna play with you if your dps is low, then hiding your dps from him is NOT NOT NOT the solution to this.

As for macros:

I'm okay without macros, I don't use that much macros anyways but macro's are NOT tools that provides you "1 button rotation". In wow you can't use macro to simplify rotation.

Edited by Engeven

Oh really? Cos last time I checked, having no dps meter addon will allow you to play much much worse without getting noticed. With no dps meter you can join a guild as a dps raid with them, and watch tv in the middle of boss fight and no one will notice :)

I don't understand how people see "linking dmg meters" as an evil thing. They just reflect what just happened! They are completely objective and tells exactly how much you hit the boss. Rest is completely on players' hands. If they mock you cos your dps is low, then dont play with them (play with someone who is ok with carrying your pathetic dps) or play better.

With my wow guild I really enjoy friendly dps competition with my guildmates and if you can not meet the dps requirement of a fight, then you should consider joining a more casual guild instead of whining on the forums "DAMAGE METERS SUCK!!!11!! REMOVE THEM!11!!"

Hating damage meter is really pathetic. I hate everyone who hates damage meters! Its like being a scammer. If that person doesnt wanna play with you if your dps is low, then hiding your dps from him is NOT NOT NOT the solution to this.

They encourage elitism, and that really is not a good thing. I personally can't stand people who use damage meters, especially if they feel the need to link them, because it turns into a ego contest, with DPS working against each other instead of working together in a friendly way.

They encourage elitism, and that really is not a good thing. I personally can't stand people who use damage meters, especially if they feel the need to link them, because it turns into a ego contest, with DPS working against each other instead of working together in a friendly way.

In other words, you're at the bottom of the list always.

I wish the game had mods and macros for 2 reasons.

1. The UI is clunky and I would like to change it.

2. Mostly because I have a ridiculous ammount of abilities, needing to be spread to both the right and left hand bar... I find it disgusting.

With macros and addons/mods I would be able to use both to improve those problems. Oh and having damage meters would be nice too, at the very least a combat log. Its like trying to drive without a speedometer, you gotta try to guess how fast you're going, but even worse because you can't tell if anybody else is going faster.

Edited by Bigbazz

macros make it pvp too easy, its just macro one run around them macro 2 and 3, interupt, macro 2, cc macro, done.

In that if there was no macro's is like 35 to 40 clicks, that if miss clicked or forgotten could lose you the fight. This is why i say no to macro's, it makes pvp stupid simply because once there allowed, if your not using them your going to lose, which means you must use them or quit pvping. Since i wouldnt use them and don't want to, and don't want to quit pvp, macros do not appeal to me.

Addons i wouldnt be against local addons that only the user can view. But global addons like dps meters trackable by others, gearscore, and such should never be allowed in game ever, they reduce the fun in the game.

All in all if it changes the game for more than just the user it shouldnt be allowed, that is changes it as its primary secondary or tertiary function, for the user and a group of people. As in its read able by outside persons, or if using it makes it so that not using it leaves you at a serious disadvantage, therefore forcing you to use it, then it shouldnt be allowed.

macros make it pvp too easy, its just macro one run around them macro 2 and 3, interupt, macro 2, cc macro, done.

In that if there was no macro's is like 35 to 40 clicks, that if miss clicked or forgotten could lose you the fight. This is why i say no to macro's, it makes pvp stupid simply because once there allowed, if your not using them your going to lose, which means you must use them or quit pvping. Since i wouldnt use them and don't want to, and don't want to quit pvp, macros do not appeal to me.

Addons i wouldnt be against local addons that only the user can view. But global addons like dps meters trackable by others, gearscore, and such should never be allowed in game ever, they reduce the fun in the game.

All in all if it changes the game for more than just the user it shouldnt be allowed, that is changes it as its primary secondary or tertiary function, for the user and a group of people. As in its read able by outside persons, or if using it makes it so that not using it leaves you at a serious disadvantage, therefore forcing you to use it, then it shouldnt be allowed.

What macro game you been smoking? 35-40 abiltiies down to 3 buttons? :rolleyes: I would also add that competitive data analysing addons like damage meters, increase the fun.

Edited by Bigbazz

I sorely underestimated just how poor the UI would turn out. It is so uncustomizable it isn't funny. Health bars, buffs, debuffs, and the power bar are all WAY too small. You can't move or resize anything, I HATE having the chat box up the top.

Not having a damage meter or even a freaking combat log is ridiculous. Why shouldn't we even know how much damage we're doing? I want to know what the best rotation is for my character and I have absolutely no way of working that out.

Macros are a staple in every MMO, how can you just not have them? There's a nice focus target but it's practically useless without focus macros.

These should be top priority for the next patch.

Macros maybe, but not mods.

Its too slippery a slope. It starts off with useful things like damage meters and combat logs, but ends up with some idiot making a TOR version of Gearscore and ruining the game.

Its sad to see, that there are still people that dont understand the possibilities of macros/ui mods/addons/combatlogs and do only complain about the bad aspects they heard somewhere or that they experienced(getting kicked because of the numbers delivered by a dmg meter).

THATS NOT WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!

There are players among us that enjoy playing with the basics, that been delivered by the game. But there are others (like myself) that love to improve there playstyle in every possible way. Like making the ui look less bloated. Optimizing the dps by analyzing the combatlog (There are actually people that like to do math in the spare time,myself included).

Using Addons for better placement and style of buffs and proccs. Or Macros for reducing the Actionbbarload(1=skill 1; ctrl+1=skill 2, shift+1= skill 3 etc., all in one button| Or assist/targettarget/mouseover macros). And thats just scratching the surface.

If you dont like to use all those possibilities (And im sure they will be implemented sooner or later. Because without them, they need to keep raids to simple for the taste of progression raiders.), then dont do it. Play with likeminded people and leave the rest of us alone, this way everyone will be happy. And those that wont be happy, are those that want to leach of those that are optimizing in everyway possible without the fear of being detected.

What macro game you been smoking? 35-40 abiltiies down to 3 buttons? :rolleyes: I would also add that competitive data analysing addons like damage meters, increase the fun.

increase the fun for others, and decrease it for others, over all including it into the game would have a negative affect on some and a positive affect on others. This is why it shouldnt be included cause the game is fine right now, it doesnt negatively impact anyone now if its not included it just stays the same.

Lets see playing aion as a range class, i put 6 ability, cycles into macro's that always starts with a cc, obeyed global cc, but would maximize dps output. within 6-7 clicks and a bit of moving the enemy was almost always dead. if they werent using macros they wouldnt stand a chance cause there was no 'if i clicked right as it expired, or if i immediately clicked when it cooled down' i always clicked exactly when it was availible as thats what the macro was supposed to do.

was it fun? no, was it necessary to keep competitive in pvp, definitely, am i glad macro's arent in Tor, 100%

Macros maybe, but not mods.

Its too slippery a slope. It starts off with useful things like damage meters and combat logs, but ends up with some idiot making a TOR version of Gearscore and ruining the game.

It's already in the game. It's called armor rating.

Can easily add it up and do an average.

What some people aren't getting is that the "if you don't like them, don't use them" approach doesn't work in this case. Macros and add-ons can give a clear advantage over players who don't use them. Should Bob be punished for wanting to play vanilla?

Also, anyone saying they're NEEDED doesn't understand what needs are, even in games. Bugs need to be ironed out, classes need to be balanced, servers need to be optimized. Flashpoints need expanding(More like Esseless). More content needs to be delivered.

Add-ons are a WANT. They make the game easier, they simplify content. Old MMOs had bosses with interesting mechanics. Did it make them impossible to do without X mod telling you when and what it was, and how to avoid it? No. You learned through experience.

If you dont like to use all those possibilities (And im sure they will be implemented sooner or later. Because without them, they need to keep raids to simple for the taste of progression raiders.), then dont do it. Play with likeminded people and leave the rest of us alone, this way everyone will be happy. And those that wont be happy, are those that want to leach of those that are optimizing in everyway possible without the fear of being detected.

If they are included and you don't use them you don't stay 'competitive enough' to raid the newest raids, or be part of the high end guilds. No sir, one they are included they become mandatory to anyone that wants to stay competitive in PvP or PvE.

Simply this is why they shouldnt be, it would be like having a race with only classic muscle cars, stick transmission no power steering no abs, no luxury. then saying but your allowed to use the newest muscles cars as well but we won't make you. Are you kidding if you wanted to stand a chance at winning you wouldnt be caught dead in anything but top the line cutting edge.

Hey Doctor, you can use this knife to do the surgery, or this optional scalpel, your choice...

No if they are included they change the game and by doing that they alienate anyone that doesnt want to use them. Its simple and its why they shouldnt be allowed

Edited by Sejia
insult

Real end game guilds won't exist without combat logs anyway. If you can't tell if jimmy is pressing random buttons or actually following the max dps rotation it's really pointless to even try.

That or end-game raids will be as easy as tic-tac-toe.

No if they are included they change the game and by doing that they alienate anyone that doesnt want to use them. Its simple and its why they shouldnt be allowed

This is silly and over-dramatic. You're saying that if 4% of the community is uncomfortable with addons that they trump the other 96%. Not a chance.

We'll get addons. Rest easy in that fact. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

Real end game guilds won't exist without combat logs anyway. If you can't tell if jimmy is pressing random buttons or actually following the max dps rotation it's really pointless to even try.

The bosses are tank and spanks anyway. Besides, in theory, that's what they're used for. In reality, its so player A can brag how he is "ubr l3t deepz" because he had a .01% higher dps than the others in his group.

I disagree completely, there are hundreds of games that don't have dps meters and addons like that that still have end game clans/guilds.

Addons don't stop Idiots you could have a guy not using addons doing just fine and someone with them being a retard, but hey maaan hes using them right.

your completely wrong in every sense of the word wrong, even endgame wow guilds existed before addons

The bosses are tank and spanks anyway. Besides, in theory, that's what they're used for. In reality, its so player A can brag how he is "ubr l3t deepz" because he had a .01% higher dps than the others in his group.

I think it's so you can kick the guy that somehow manages to have 25% of the DPS of a same level non-DPS spec. You aren't entitled to groups and DPS goldbricking is actually pretty serious when the group size is 4.

It would be one thing if "low DPS" was some quality people were born with, but it really is just a matter of being too "sophisticated" to spend ten minutes reading the collected community wisdom about one's own class.

Edited by AlpsStranger

Oh so you did the raids already? I wanna be as awesome as you :(.

Bet you cleared all 3 difficulty modes as well!

I disagree completely, there are hundreds of games that don't have dps meters and addons like that that still have end game clans/guilds.

Addons don't stop Idiots you could have a guy not using addons doing just fine and someone with them being a retard, but hey maaan hes using them right.

your completely wrong in every sense of the word wrong, even endgame wow guilds existed before addons

Yeah amazing games those are. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'd enjoy it if you'd be healing like a pro while half your raid presses random buttons doing less dps than a tank and wiping you endlessly!

Edited by Skeelol

This is silly and over-dramatic. You're saying that if 4% of the community is uncomfortable with addons that they trump the other 96%. Not a chance.

We'll get addons. Rest easy in that fact. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

Well what if it wasnt 96% to 4% what if it was 56% not wanting them and 44% that did would you be ok with letting majority win?

Reported really wow guess that stung more than i thought it would:cool:

Oh so you did the raids already? I wanna be as awesome as you :(.

Bet you cleared all 3 difficulty modes as well!

Yeah amazing games those are. :rolleyes:

I've either played them or watched the video leaks for them. Every encounter is a basic tank and spank for the most part, and some bosses may have a single mechanic thrown in. Difficulty does not change mechanics either.