The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

Aurbere

Technically all it would take is a good saber slash from Fisto's saber (which can operate underwater), then he can manipulate water all he wants. All it would take is an instant, if he can get access to a lot of water Kolar loses, because Fisto would have an operating weapon while Kolar would not.

Yes technically you are right, yet you don't consider the fact Kit Fisto is a WIMP, CHUMP, LOWBIE, LOWLIFE, ETC

Kit Fisto can use water based attacks submerged in water (Bubble of the force, his lightsaber, etc), but I have to note he can only do this underwater, in ground he can't even sense water or atleast he never could according to wookiepedia.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerning this whole pipe bursting thing... I must admit I see it as far-fetched. Firstly we do not even no for sure if pipes even run beneath the Jedi Library - I mean why would they? Have you seen any water fountains amongst the Archives? I haven't. Its also highly unlikely that in such a massive building they have pipes running everywhere, most likely a large waterway system made up of several, large pipes.

But lets assume for a moment that their are, we don't even know if they run beneath the ground. In fact its more likely that they run through the walls (pretty sure my piping does... don't quote me on that :p) given that the ventilation systems do also.

But let's assume they are in the floor... buried beneath several meters of stone. I highly doubt they are close enough to the surface for Fisto to slash at the floor and cause water to come flooding out. I mean do you really see that happening? If you hacked at your floorboards with a sword would you expect a water fountain bubble up?

But let's assume in some possible universe Fisto manages to break a pipe... what exactly is it going to do, spray Kolar in the face? A burst of water isn't going to short out Kolar's saber, which would be the equivalent of rainfall. Kolar's lightsaber will have to be completed submerged in the water to short circuit. He'd have to flood the entire library, and by flood I mean flood. And that's assuming that Kolar doesn't simply move out of the way and deal Fisto a mark of contact while he's busy playing plumber.

EDIT: Note that Fisto is only able to manipulate water currents he cannot perform alter environment e.g. summon whirlpools, tidal waves etc. It would seem he's simply using telekinesis but underwater.

Edited by Beniboybling

Yeah, I don't think Fisto has shown an affinity for Alter Environment. It's most likely that he can only manipulate the water whilst submerged or, at the very least, when there's plenty of water around.

Plus, Beni brings up a good point. It is unlikely that the water pipes are easy to get at. It is likely that Kolar would simply cut Fisto down while he tried to get at the pipes.

Fisto would best leave the pipes be, in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't think Fisto has shown an affinity for Alter Environment. It's most likely that he can only manipulate the water whilst submerged or, at the very least, when there's plenty of water around.

Plus, Beni brings up a good point. It is unlikely that the water pipes are easy to get at. It is likely that Kolar would simply cut Fisto down while he tried to get at the pipes.

Fisto would best leave the pipes be, in my opinion.

Actually, the Jedi Apprentice books indicate otherwise, specifically book 7.

If the pipes are in the walls, chances are they would not be that hard to get to, in case of a pipe bursting, they would want to be able to get to said pipe fairly quickly so they don't start having a mold problem...

All Fisto has to do is spray Kolar and his saber with a lot of water, which would be fairly easy to do. The place doesn't need to partially submerged in order for him to short out a lightsaber.

Come on people don't tell me none of you have ever handled garden hoses before...

If the pipes are in the walls, chances are they would not be that hard to get to, in case of a pipe bursting, they would want to be able to get to said pipe fairly quickly so they don't start having a mold problem...

All Fisto has to do is spray Kolar and his saber with a lot of water, which would be fairly easy to do. The place doesn't need to partially submerged in order for him to short out a lightsaber.

Come on people don't tell me none of you have ever handled garden hoses before...

I'm still not convinced that it would be a wise strategy. He would have to leave himself open to attack to do this. Or at least find a way to buy himself time. He is known for being very fast, so if an opening is created that would give him time.

(Just thinking out loud here)We know that Kit Fisto preaches restraint, but then I think he would give a good Force Push to Kolar if he had to. Heck, he could even use Kolar's tendency to suddenly use Force Push to do this. But then there's the issue of Kolar making a quick follow up.

It would probably fall to Fisto to create a gap.

I'm still not convinced that it would be a wise strategy. He would have to leave himself open to attack to do this. Or at least find a way to buy himself time. He is known for being very fast, so if an opening is created that would give him time.

(Just thinking out loud here)We know that Kit Fisto preaches restraint, but then I think he would give a good Force Push to Kolar if he had to. Heck, he could even use Kolar's tendency to suddenly use Force Push to do this. But then there's the issue of Kolar making a quick follow up.

It would probably fall to Fisto to create a gap.

Yeah, however Fisto would be looking at the fact Kolar is the better duelist in a straight up fight, so he's going to have to do something entirely unorthodox to win, and this would qualify.

Yeah, however Fisto would be looking at the fact Kolar is the better duelist in a straight up fight, so he's going to have to do something entirely unorthodox to win, and this would qualify.

Considering Fisto's lightsaber style is unpredictable and random, I wouldn't hesitate to say that such a tactic is in a possibility for him.

Perhaps be a bit more specific?

I highly doubt that in the advanced era Star Wars exists in that mold will be a problem. And that's making the assumption that pipes run through the library. Since we don't have the facts we can only make one observation: there are no water features or water consuming device in the Jedi Library, we therefore have no reason to assume that pipes run through the walls.

Not to mention that Fisto, as far as I'm aware, has no means of 'sensing' the pipes and no guarantee that Kolar will walk straight into the trap and not just avoid the water or shield himself etc.

And that's making the assumption that a gush of water will short out Kolar's lightsaber. If that was case Operation: Knightfall would have had clones armed with water pistols...

If anything, it would seem that he has skill in at least two lightsaber forms: Niman and Shii-Cho (Possible Ataru as well). Considering what we know of his exploits, his skill could encompass several lightsaber forms, or just that he has mastered one form really well.

Saying he had skill in more then one saber form is kind of not really a big surprise for the time being as many masters of the order at the time had mastered several forms. One of the things that is always noted though is that most of the masters use a form that allows them to bypass one of their own physical or mental weaknesses (such as yoda using ataru to attack from angles normally impossible for his stature or windu using vapaad to channel his own darkness to something good) or they use it to supplement a strength or mental way of thought. For this reason while he may incorperate other styles i still believe over all Agen is using Shii-Cho as its heavy emphasis on disarming and his heavy prefrence for disarming. Obviously he uses some tera kasi with this but using the force with a form is doable with all forms just more common with Niman but that can be said do to niman's role as the diplomat's form. But if there was a form that was common for using force powers other then Niman it would be Shii-cho. I suspect its possible that he (like Vader and Luke with their djem so) may have hybridized his Shii-cho adding in elements of ataru to offset a weakness maybe completely bypassing its weakness with single opponents, by using the more agile movements of ataru to avoid attacks while still using the same basic principles of Shii-cho for making attacks. This would make him a very deadly saber duelist, along with in this case his resistance to pain and any powerful force attacks from Fisto might just be shrugged off while he continues to press the assault.

I see this being a long duel in which Agen comes out on top after both of them end up a little battered, Agens resistance to pain, unpredictable usage of force push and usage of tera kasi gives him a serious edge in this fight.

Side note on the water pipe thing 1. Doubt Agen will let Fisto do this. 2. even if he does Lightsabers have shown to work in the rain just fine no reason anything less then total submerssion will short it out. 3. Even if he manages to do so it really wont flood the library he will have a little water to play with but nothing to make the difference so its ultimately a waste of time and energy on his part.

Edited by tunewalker

*snip*
Sincere question here, but where is everyone getting this information on Kolar's lightsaber abilities? I aware that he fought Quinlan Vos... could anyone give me a run down on the facts?

Its just that personally I don't see Kolar wielding Shii-Cho. It was extremely rare for a Jedi to use Shii-Cho as anything other than a basic dueling form. Fisto is the only known example (I believe) of a Jedi who mastered the form. Its more likely to be a mixture of several forms.

I am actually not convinced as to who would win. Fisto has the advantage of having a highly unpredictable and highly aggresive lightsaber form. One that is not weak in terms of attack against single opponents, but weaker in terms of defense. Can Kolar exploit such weaknesses? I can't say for sure, I'm unaware of his form. However I doubt he wields Makashi so he won't have that advantage.

Also note, and I think Aurbere was mistaken in reaching this conclusion, Fisto has no qualms about using Force powers in battle. He taught restraint but I reality I believe this was simply a universal Jedi dogma. His style was highly aggressive on the levels of Vaapad - as in drawing him close the dark side. That is not restraint. He was skilled in chaining his lightsaber attacks with Force powers, so I believe Aurbere was incorrect in given Kolar a Force Power edge, and likewise a mentality edge. I think his comment about restraint is misleading, he was far from a restrained duelist.

Also, Fisto was a highly agile and acrobatic, as well as being an unarmed combat expert. Given that Kolar has skilled in unarmed combat as well, and incorporated this into lightsaber duels, we can assume Fisto would do the same and to greater effect.

So, Kolar has the following edges against Fisto - on the assumption their mastery of the lightsaber is relatively equal:

• Defense weakness of Fisto's form against single opponents.

Fisto on the other hand:

• A highly random, unpredictable and unorthodox form.
  • Highly agile and acrobatic.
  • An expert unarmed combatant.
  • Powerful telekinetic abilities - given the fact that he is a consular.

So, after a reconsideration, I think Fisto would win. (Sticking with that, I promise :p)

Edited by Beniboybling

Sincere question here, but where is everyone getting this information on Kolar's lightsaber abilities? I aware that he fought Ulic-Qel Droma... could anyone give me a run down on the facts?

Its just that personally I don't see Kolar wielding Shii-Cho. It was extremely rare for a Jedi to use Shii-Cho as anything other than a basic dueling form. Fisto is the only known example (I believe) of a Jedi who mastered the form. Its more likely to be a mixture of several forms.

I am actually not convinced as to who would win. Fisto has the advantage of having a highly unpredictable and highly aggresive lightsaber form. One that is not weak in terms of attack against single opponents, but weaker in terms of defense. Can Kolar exploit such weaknesses? I can't say for sure, I'm unaware of his form. However I doubt he wields Makashi so he won't have that advantage.

Also note, and I think Aurbere was mistaken in reaching this conclusion, Fisto has no qualms about using Force powers in battle. He taught restraint but I reality I believe this was simply a universal Jedi dogma. His style was highly aggressive on the levels of Vaapad - as in drawing him close the dark side. That is not restraint. He was skilled in chaining his lightsaber attacks with Force powers, so I believe Aurbere was incorrect in given Kolar a Force Power edge, and likewise a mentality edge. I think his comment about restraint is misleading, he was far from a restrained duelist.

Also, Fisto was a highly agile and acrobatic, as well as being an unarmed combat expert. Given that Kolar has skilled in unarmed combat as well, and incorporated this into lightsaber duels, we can assume Fisto would do the same and to greater effect.

So, Kolar has the following edges against Fisto - on the assumption their mastery of the lightsaber is relatively equal:

• Defense weakness of Fisto's form against single opponents.

Fisto on the other hand:

• A highly random, unpredictable and unorthodox form.
  • Highly agile and acrobatic.
  • An expert unarmed combatant.
  • Powerful telekinetic abilities - given the fact that he is a consular.

So, after a reconsideration, I think Fisto would win. (Sticking with that, I promise :p)

First, Kolar fought Quinlan Vos. Second, several Jedi mastered Shii-Cho (Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, Yoda). Third, Fisto constantly preaches restraint.

"Those who have power should restrain themselves from using it."

"I didn't forget to teach you restraint, did I, my old Padawan?"

Plus you used one instance of Force Push. He restrains himself from using powers, but isn't a restrained duelist. Nowhere did I say that he was a restrained duelist. In fact, I was attempting to make that very clear in the OP. Kit Fisto is certainly capable of chaining Force powers into his lightsaber style, but viewed such things as excessive and only did so when absolutely necessary.

This is a case of you misinterpreting what I said, and using that to support your argument. However, bearing that in mind, I am leaning towards your final conclusion, but still undecided.

First, Kolar fought Quinlan Vos. Second, several Jedi mastered Shii-Cho (Cin Drallig, Mace Windu, Yoda). Third, Fisto constantly preaches restraint.

"Those who have power should restrain themselves from using it."

"I didn't forget to teach you restraint, did I, my old Padawan?"

Plus you used one instance of Force Push. He restrains himself from using powers, but isn't a restrained duelist. Nowhere did I say that he was a restrained duelist. In fact, I was attempting to make that very clear in the OP. Kit Fisto is certainly capable of chaining Force powers into his lightsaber style, but viewed such things as excessive and only did so when absolutely necessary.

This is a case of you misinterpreting what I said, and using that to support your argument. However, bearing that in mind, I am leaning towards your final conclusion, but still undecided.

Again, I interpreted that more as universal Jedi dogmas (lending itself to the whole arrogant Jedi gets himself killed arc) rather than something that actually applied to his fighting style. His lightsaber form was highly aggressive, but what we have to remember is that lightsaber forms often reflect character. For example Windu's Vaapad, its a highly aggressive form that channels Windu's 'darkness into a weapon of the light.'

Likewise, Fisto's form shows something about his personality:

"I should have gone closer to the edge. Released myself into the Force, become more unpredictable. More random."

"That would have been dangerous. Not to your body, perhaps, but to your spirit."

"It is the way of Form I."

―Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan Kenobi discuss Shii-Cho

So on that basis, while Fisto may preach restraint, I wouldn't say its very reflective of his fighting style. He's willing to push himself to the very edge, which is why I disagree with you on mentality, mainly that 'In combat, Kit Fisto practiced restraint.' I also believe that he'd use Force powers in battle, perhaps not excessively but I think they'd come into play. 1. Because Fisto is a Jedi Consular, and at least underwater often uses Force powers to quite a considerable extent 2. He preaches restraint, but at least in lightsaber combat he doesn't seem to follow that rule, so we have no reason to believe he'd act any differently in terms of Force powers. 3. The example was one example, but an example nonetheless, and we lack a wealth of material to comment on.

And finally, while many masters mastered Shii-Cho, Fisto seems to be the only one who uses it as a primary, singular form. Kolar may have been skilled or mastered Shii-Cho, but I highly doubt it was his primary form. Nonetheless this lends itself to my belief he may have mastered several forms and wielded some kind of hybrid.

P.S. Oops, meant Quinlan-Vos /facepalm :o But anyway could anyone outline how that battle played out, and how it shows Kolar to be Ataru/Niman? I think it would help me reach a conclusion...

EDIT: Oh and Fisto has Force speed, which apparently 'baffled even Obi-Wan Kenobi's experienced gaze'! I think that would given him a considerable edge against Kolar.

Edited by Beniboybling

Again, I interpreted that more as universal Jedi dogmas (lending itself to the whole arrogant Jedi gets himself killed arc) rather than something that actually applied to his fighting style. His lightsaber form was highly aggressive, but what we have to remember is that lightsaber forms often reflect character. For example Windu's Vaapad, its a highly aggressive form that channels Windu's 'darkness into a weapon of the light.'

Likewise, Fisto's form shows something about his personality:

"I should have gone closer to the edge. Released myself into the Force, become more unpredictable. More random."

"That would have been dangerous. Not to your body, perhaps, but to your spirit."

"It is the way of Form I."

―Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan Kenobi discuss Shii-Cho

So on that basis, while Fisto may preach restraint, I wouldn't say its very reflective of his fighting style. He's willing to push himself to the very edge, which is why I disagree with you on mentality, mainly that 'In combat, Kit Fisto practiced restraint.' I also believe that he'd use Force powers in battle, perhaps not excessively but I think they'd come into play. 1. Because Fisto is a Jedi Consular, and at least underwater often uses Force powers to quite a considerable extent 2. He preaches restraint, but at least in lightsaber combat he doesn't seem to follow that rule, so we have no reason to believe he'd act any differently in terms of Force powers. 3. The example was one example, but an example nonetheless, and we lack a wealth of material to comment on.

And finally, while many masters mastered Shii-Cho, Fisto seems to be the only one who uses it as a primary, singular form. Kolar may have been skilled or mastered Shii-Cho, but I highly doubt it was his primary form. Nonetheless this lends itself to my belief he may have mastered several forms and wielded some kind of hybrid.

P.S. Oops, meant Quinlan-Vos /facepalm :o But anyway could anyone outline how that battle played out, and how it shows Kolar to be Ataru/Niman? I think it would help me reach a conclusion...

EDIT: Oh and Fisto has Force speed, which apparently 'baffled even Obi-Wan Kenobi's experienced gaze'! I think that would given him a considerable edge against Kolar.

Again, Kit Fisto restrains his use of the Force unless absolutely necessary. If restraint was a simple Jedi dogma, we wouldn't see many of the displays of power that some Jedi show. I am of the opinion that Kit Fisto just prefers to restrain his use of the Force. And this is reflected when he says that all who have power should restrain themselves.

And, again, you are confusing my intentions. Kit Fisto restrains his use of the Force, but not his lightsaber skills. This is why I gave Kolar the edge in Force powers and mentality. He often applied the Force in combat, where Fisto would only do so when he absolutely had to.

As to Kolar vs. Vos. I don't have the comic on hand, but I believe Kolar nearly killed Vos. The outlying circumstances for that battle are pretty confusing. The Jedi Council was using Kolar to make Vos look like a traitor, thereby cementing Vos' position in Dooku's inner circle. Kolar had no idea that this was the case, mainly believing that he had to punish a traitor.

And a good point about Force speed. I'm getting ready to call this, so I would like everyone to make a final argument.

Again, Kit Fisto restrains his use of the Force unless absolutely necessary. If restraint was a simple Jedi dogma, we wouldn't see many of the displays of power that some Jedi show. I am of the opinion that Kit Fisto just prefers to restrain his use of the Force. And this is reflected when he says that all who have power should restrain themselves.

And, again, you are confusing my intentions. Kit Fisto restrains his use of the Force, but not his lightsaber skills. This is why I gave Kolar the edge in Force powers and mentality. He often applied the Force in combat, where Fisto would only do so when he absolutely had to.

As to Kolar vs. Vos. I don't have the comic on hand, but I believe Kolar nearly killed Vos. The outlying circumstances for that battle are pretty confusing. The Jedi Council was using Kolar to make Vos look like a traitor, thereby cementing Vos' position in Dooku's inner circle. Kolar had no idea that this was the case, mainly believing that he had to punish a traitor.

And a good point about Force speed. I'm getting ready to call this, so I would like everyone to make a final argument.

Aha! You are mistaken! See
, another example of Fisto using the Force in battle, with the same trademark smile he used in AoTC - clearly the writers picked up on a preference for Force pushes. Restraint yes, but he's not exactly pulling down buildings.

Anyway, I feel this battle will largely take the form of a lightsaber duel. Fisto will engage with a fast, aggresive and acrobatic attack - note the battle between Grievous and Fisto above, its pretty indicative of Fisto's remarkable abilities as a duelist. Not only does he easily disarm Grievous, but he chains his attacks with Force powers and applies tactics and acrobatics to his advantage. Given the layout of the library I'd say Fisto could get the jump on Kolar and will definitely be thinking tactically, something Kolar won't be able to do given Fisto's heightened senses.

Given Shii-Cho's focus on disarmament I reckon Fisto will disarm Kolar after an intense duel in which Fisto has all the advantages. Kolar will resort of unarmed combat but Fisto is superior in this field and will defeat him.

Also note the following:

Shii-Cho was specialized towards engaging multiple opponents, the wide, sweeping motions being ideally suited towards attacking numerous adversaries. However, Form I was not as useful against single opponents, as such enemies had complete mobility and could find a weakness in Shii-Cho's comparatively clumsy bladework. ~ Wookieepedia.

Clumsy bladework? I see no evidence of that in Fisto's style which is clearly honed and refined to perfection. Which leads me to doubt to how much of a weakness for Fisto this actually was. It would seem that Fisto would logically overcome it.

The quote also suggests that Shii-Cho gives a lack of mobility, but that is the last thing I'd use to described Fisto, he is clearly highly acrobatic to the point of flipping and cartwheeling in the midst of battle. So I think its safe to say that Fisto overcame the disadvantages. Yes he was defeated by Ventress, but Ventress had time to anaylse his form, is a very skilled duelist herself, and a wielder of Makashi which was Shii-Cho was inherently weak against. I don't think the weaknesses of Fisto's form in other terms really came into it.

Edited by Beniboybling

Aha! You are mistaken! See
, another example of Fisto using the Force in battle, with the same trademark smile he used in AoTC - clearly the writers picked up on a preference for Force pushes. Restraint yes, but he's not exactly pulling down buildings.

OK, so two instances. I'll give you that, but it isn't exactly a preference for Force abilities. Not to mention that his biggest abilities are practically useless within the Jedi Library.

Anyway, I feel this battle will largely take the form of a lightsaber duel. Fisto will engage with a fast, aggresive and acrobatic attack - note the battle between Grievous and Fisto above, its pretty indicative of Fisto's remarkable abilities as a duelist. Not only does he easily disarm Grievous, but he chains his attacks with Force powers and applies tactics and acrobatics to his advantage. Given the layout of the library I'd say Fisto could get the jump on Kolar and will definitely be thinking tactically, something Kolar won't be able to do given Fisto's heightened senses.

You are correct that this will mainly fall to a lightsaber duel, but Kolar is going to apply his Force prowess mid-combat at random. Though it is unlikely that he would get the chance unless Fisto broke off his offensive (unlikely).

Given Shii-Cho's focus on disarmament I reckon Fisto will disarm Kolar after an intense duel in which Fisto has all the advantages. Kolar will resort of unarmed combat but Fisto is superior in this field and will defeat him.

Superior to him? Kolar took out a mob of cantina patrons using his bare hands. Granted Fisto is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant, but the evidence suggests that Kolar is better.

Also note the following:

Shii-Cho was specialized towards engaging multiple opponents, the wide, sweeping motions being ideally suited towards attacking numerous adversaries. However, Form I was not as useful against single opponents, as such enemies had complete mobility and could find a weakness in Shii-Cho's comparatively clumsy bladework. ~ Wookieepedia.

Clumsy bladework? I see no evidence of that in Fisto's style which is clearly honed and refined to perfection. Which leads me to doubt to how much of a weakness for Fisto this actually was. It would seem that Fisto would logically overcome it.

Most likely referring to Shii-Cho's basic nature. However, it is likely that Fisto overcame this.

The quote also suggests that Shii-Cho gives a lack of mobility, but that is the last thing I'd use to described Fisto, he is clearly highly acrobatic to the point of flipping and cartwheeling in the midst of battle. So I think its safe to say that Fisto overcame the disadvantages. Yes he was defeated by Ventress, but Ventress had time to anaylse his form, is a very skilled duelist herself, and a wielder of Makashi which was Shii-Cho was inherently weak against. I don't think the weaknesses of Fisto's form in other terms really came into it.[/color]

Yes, Makashi is the scissors to Shii-Cho's paper.

I believe that Fisto will be attempting to make this a strictly lightsaber duel, which is something Kolar wouldn't really mind, given his preference for lightsaber combat.

I'll be making the decision soon, so make a final argument.

Edited by Aurbere

OK, so two instances. I'll give you that, but it isn't exactly a preference for Force abilities. Not to mention that his biggest abilities are practically useless within the Jedi Library.

There are plenty of objects that can be tossed around in the library...

You are correct that this will mainly fall to a lightsaber duel, but Kolar is going to apply his Force prowess mid-combat at random. Though it is unlikely that he would get the chance unless Fisto broke off his offensive (unlikely).

But Kit Fisto's application of power will be more unexpected, Kolar might be more predictable.

Superior to him? Kolar took out a mob of cantina patrons using his bare hands. Granted Fisto is a very skilled hand-to-hand combatant, but the evidence suggests that Kolar is better.

Though if Kit disarms Kolar, then Kit Fisto is the one with the lightsaber.

Most likely referring to Shii-Cho's basic nature. However, it is likely that Fisto overcame this.

It should also be remembered that most people that practice this form are younglings, so it would likely be considered rather clumsy.

I believe that Fisto will be attempting to make this a strictly lightsaber duel, which is something Kolar wouldn't really mind, given his preference for lightsaber combat.

I'll be making the decision soon, so make a final argument.

Most Jedi were not familiar with Makashi though, that probably includes Kolar.

TBH it doesn't matter how many times Fisto uses it. The first instance may not bear much weight as he wasn't actually engaging in lightsaber combat and it was more of a plot device. However in the second instance Fisto chained a Force based attack into his lightsaber style. We cannot ignore this. Kit Fisto has only ever displayed a use of Jar'Kai once, are we therefore to assume he is not trained in Jar'Kai? No, so likewise if Fisto chains a Force-based attack into his lightsaber style even once we have to assume it is a component of his style given that there are no exceptional circumstances.

It very well may be he was a praciticioner of Niman as well as Shii-Cho, and given that he is a Jedi Consular (one who focuses on wielding the Force) this is a possibility. I'd also again bring into question how far Fisto's preaching of restraint (which may I add was mainly a plot device) actually means he did not favor Force based attacks. For one he's a consular, so it seems counter-intuitive, and secondly in the majority of the battles he has been in, he has drawn on the Force. See here in particular, a pretty excessive use of the Force. Yes he won't be able to use this in the Library but it lends itself to the notion that he is not adverse, and it fact prefers, to chain his lightsaber attacks with a randomized Force pushes, which in turn complements his Form.

Altogether I think we are giving too much weight to Fisto's advice to Nahdar Vebb, which was merely a former Master trying to steer his apprentice away from the dark. Given that Fisto's form led him on a similar path we would expect him, much like Windu, to advise caution to younger students less able to control such aggresive power. But Fisto does not practice restraint in the sense that Qui-Gon does, there is no in-practice evidence of this, but rather evidence to the contrary.

But on the basis of the above, Fisto would actually do the same - if not more effectively given that he is a Jedi Consular, and wields a highly randomized and unpredictable form. I'd also assume you drew the conclusion that this was part of Kolar's fighting style from an example of him using it in battle, no? :jawa_wink:
Well Kit Fisto has been described as a 'martial arts hurricane', and this fits with his extremely agile and acrobatic abilities. Kolar may have taken on some cantina folk, but that's not exactly impressive given the caliber of such scum and villainy. I'd say that they are at least equally matched, if not Fisto superior given his physical superiority.

Well he would mind, when Fisto overwhelms and disarms him. :D

And if the going gets tough, Fisto will not hesitate to use the Force to say, collapse a bookcase on him. In fact given his strategic mind he may opt for this in the first place to trap and expose Kolar.

I don't have much time, so I won't post a scenario, but the winner is...

Kit Fisto. In the end, Master Fisto proved himself to be a great swordsman. But, to be honest, if anything killed Agen Kolar, it was lack of information. I had intended for Kolar to a placeholder until I picked someone else, but that didn't happen. Oh, well.

Our next match will feature Darth Sidious' ultimate weapon and Count Dooku's rogue assassin.

As you might have guessed, Darth Maul is in the next match. However, his radical change from The Phantom Menace to The Clone Wars forces me to pose a question. Which incarnation of Maul would you prefer to see? Vote, vote, vote! :D

But vote wisely.

Edited by Aurbere

I don't have much time, so I won't post a scenario, but the winner is...

Kit Fisto. In the end, Master Fisto proved himself to be a great swordsman. But, to be honest, if anything killed Agen Kolar, it was lack of information. I had intended for Kolar to a placeholder until I picked someone else, but that didn't happen. Oh, well.

Our next match will feature Darth Sidious' ultimate weapon and Count Dooku's rogue assassin.

As you might have guessed, Darth Maul is in the next match. However, his radical change from The Phantom Menace to The Clone Wars forces me to pose a question. Which incarnation of Maul would you prefer to see? Vote, vote, vote! :D

But vote wisely.

Radical change? Isn't the only thing that changed, was Maul having a lower half cyborg body? Though if your gonna do the Clone Wars version, then you are also including TPM version, there really isn't much difference between the two. Well that, and SW is all just one universe...I mean if your going to include just up to TPM then Maul is gonna lose pretty badly.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi