The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Hmmm ... in my last 4 GF pops, we were put at the top of the GF queue because one DPS didn't respond to the pop. I would have thought that they would be on it immediately since DPSes wait a long time to get a pop. Or perhaps they are used to waiting a long time that they are AFK most of the time.

Anyway, got Athiss HM again tonight. Alarm bells should have started ringing when the tank had much less HP than the healer (me). Anyway, I managed to keep people alive even though the group is taking a lot of damage because the tank can't hold aggro. OK, except once when the tank jumped in at 70% health and pretty much got one shotted.

We made it all the way to the Prophet when the tank disconnects. So we wait for a bit before vote kicking the tank. One of the DPSes then said that the tank was geared in DPS gear, not tank gear! Doh. We then tried using a tank comp for the fight but wiped. When we finally got a proper tank we cleared the Prophet without any problems.

I'm quite inexperienced with MMORPGs so this is the first time I have seen a DPS queued as a tank. Still, the rest of the group managed to finish the FP and the DPSes thanked me for good heals. Always nice to get compliments.

TLDR: People continue to be blind and stupid :(

I was playing as an Operative on the Foundry.

Our healer, Sorcerer, is the jerk in question here.

The tank went forward on the first group of mobs to initialise combat: I went in after. As I always do, I started firing my blaster as I closed in so I was dealing some damage before using Shiv/Debilitate/Corrosive Grenade/Backstab.

The Sorcerer instantly stops healing as I enter combat. He types into chat "*** do you THINK YOU ARE DOING? Do u not understand mmos???" "stop using snipe, use ur close range you moron" "are you deaf as well as stupid?? ur close range, not ranged ffs"

Note this is all against ONE group of mobs.

Once we're done, I reply something along the lines of "I dunno what you mean, I'm playing my class fine." One other groupie was silent, trying to move on with the FP (as I wanted to), the other sent a message agreeing with me.

The Sorc's reply was, more or less, "Ur a stupid moron, you dont no how to play and u dont derserve my heal, HAVE FUN TRYING TO GET A BETTER HEALER GUYS HAHA LOL"

Then he left.

This naturally pisses me off for two reasons:

1) Two guys who, according to him, hadn't done anything, were let down and unable to play (we didnt find a replacement)

2) I was playing my class correctly, unless standard blaster attack accounts for "not playing the class correctly" and "snipe".

But yes... the colourful people you meet in group finder, none the less.

The other, more amusing, person I met in Group Finder was a level 18 Inquisitor. He hadn't picked his advanced class, and was complaining to the rest of the group that he shouldn't be dying all the time and the game sucked.

The first response from the rest of the group was "Hold on guys... let's see if he can figure it out."

And we did. :)

TLDR: People continue to be blind and stupid :(

I was playing as an Operative on the Foundry.

Our healer, Sorcerer, is the jerk in question here.

The tank went forward on the first group of mobs to initialise combat: I went in after. As I always do, I started firing my blaster as I closed in so I was dealing some damage before using Shiv/Debilitate/Corrosive Grenade/Backstab.

The Sorcerer instantly stops healing as I enter combat. He types into chat "*** do you THINK YOU ARE DOING? Do u not understand mmos???" "stop using snipe, use ur close range you moron" "are you deaf as well as stupid?? ur close range, not ranged ffs"

Note this is all against ONE group of mobs.

Once we're done, I reply something along the lines of "I dunno what you mean, I'm playing my class fine." One other groupie was silent, trying to move on with the FP (as I wanted to), the other sent a message agreeing with me.

The Sorc's reply was, more or less, "Ur a stupid moron, you dont no how to play and u dont derserve my heal, HAVE FUN TRYING TO GET A BETTER HEALER GUYS HAHA LOL"

Then he left.

This naturally pisses me off for two reasons:

1) Two guys who, according to him, hadn't done anything, were let down and unable to play (we didnt find a replacement)

2) I was playing my class correctly, unless standard blaster attack accounts for "not playing the class correctly" and "snipe".

But yes... the colourful people you meet in group finder, none the less.

The other, more amusing, person I met in Group Finder was a level 18 Inquisitor. He hadn't picked his advanced class, and was complaining to the rest of the group that he shouldn't be dying all the time and the game sucked.

The first response from the rest of the group was "Hold on guys... let's see if he can figure it out."

And we did. :)

I can't wait until that Sorcerer gets to 55 ... He will have a hard time in HM FP's if he keeps up attitude, because as far as I know, NO tanks will put up with his ********. Also, you can play your class however you like, I use the standard attack sometimes on my healer to save force and have fun. That Sorc needs to calm down and realize it is a game, ffs. LOL!

A couple days ago I group up with a guildmate I don't know well (so "met in groupfinder" still applies) to run a quick HM for the weekly, since we all need comms like whoa et all. I'm healing on my pretty decently geared scoundrel (72's with a couple of 78 pieces) with whom I've been running the new ops in HM, so I'm usually overgeared for HM FPs. Guildmate is tanking and has over 40k health with Kell Dragon + gear that is very well balanced for mitigation. We get HM Czerka Core Meltdown and charge off very quickly. The DPS admirably keep up - things just melt and I'm barely healing.

Then we get to Duneclaw / Sandstorm boss. Guildmate jumps in and starts tanking. I throw down a FF and heal. Then the Sandstorm is activated, where the tank normally has to drag the boss over to the green thingy (...thing). Guildmate just keeps him in the middle. DPS calls on him to move in chat, which neither of us notice until halfway through, because after healing dread master ops-wide damage all week, I am pumped and primed and have barely been healing this whole FP (like I said, guildmate is a good, well geared tank). So we survive several sandstorms (boss is about at 50% by this point) before the tank moves the boss around and we kill the boss with most everyone with just over 10% health left.

Tank says something like: "Oops, I've only ever done SM."

I say: "I thought you did that on purpose b/c you thought I was bored!", which is what I honestly thought was going on. And then I laughed for just about the rest of the FP.

The DPS must think we were crazy.

------------------------------------------

I think my worst GF experience was a while back on my sentinel, who I quickly leveled up and now just use to craft stims b/c I never quite got the hang of the class. It was in Collicoid War Games. Everyone "hello"s, heads to the turrets, clicks in, and gets ready for the mobs to spawn. I had never really done Collicoid until after GF was implemented, but I had done it at least 3 times on said sentinel before this, so I knew I was supposed to shoot all the mobs that came at me and the turret would heal me. So that's what I did. Evidently something else was going on with the rest of the group, because mobs swarmed us and slowly killed the group, even though I did turn around on my turret and try to kill the mobs attacking me from behind.

We rez and try again. Same thing happens, except the other sentinel and the tank/her guildmate both start yelling at me that I was a noob, etc, and had wiped them. I said that I'd shot and killed everything that spawned in front of me and they laughed at that and berated me some more for firing on the group. I was pretty certain friendly fire wasn't even possible, but by that point they were clicking on the turrets, so time to mount up and try again. The same thing happens and I notice the healer has gotten out of his turret to try to heal, so I try to cover the area in front of him. Because of the FPS aspect from the turret I still don't know exactly what happened, except I shot everything in front of me and mobs from behind me killed us all. The two guildmates berate me then quit the group, while I am genuinely confused and when I ask what exactly I was doing wrong they act incredulous that I could be "so stupid" and not just trolling them. IDK. I apologize to the healer, since I guess I messed up in some obvious, dumb way. He says he has no idea what they were talking about, but he got out of his turret to heal, so it's not terribly reassuring.

Muuuuuuch later I find out it used to be the regular strat to shoot across the inner circle to hit more mobs with one blast and that's probably what the other two were doing and why they were dying first and why the mobs were attacking from behind me. I'm still just amazed that they could spend paragraphs wondering just exactly how stupid I was and not figure out how to tell me to turn around. Or the healer, who shot at stuff in front of him like I did. I really, really should have complained to their guild leader, but instead I put them on ignore on every character.

Muuuuuuch later I find out it used to be the regular strat to shoot across the inner circle to hit more mobs with one blast and that's probably what the other two were doing and why they were dying first and why the mobs were attacking from behind me. I'm still just amazed that they could spend paragraphs wondering just exactly how stupid I was and not figure out how to tell me to turn around. Or the healer, who shot at stuff in front of him like I did. I really, really should have complained to their guild leader, but instead I put them on ignore on every character.

I've run this FP on almost every character I've leveled, and never seen anyone use this strat. Weird O.o

Got in a pug EV HM last night. We get to Gharj. The ops leader states not to skip him because a guildie actually needed gear, which is fine, so we kill it. Except one dps decided to cross the lava anyway, and just sit there the whole time. After we beat the boss and we're heading to the pylons, he starts complaining about how there's no reason to kill that boss because there's no guarantee the guy would get loot. Duh? So we get to the pylons, and we notice that guy is still just standing in the same spot. 5 min later he finally says "coming". Ops leader tells him to go south. No response. a couple min later he finally goes says "jeez I am just tabbing out because you guys take so long". Op leader says "we're taking so long because we're waiting for you!" He still doesn't go south, so someone else does.

Fast forward to Soa. The tank goofs and force speeds off a ledge so he tells everyone to /stuck. We get back in, and we notice that same dps is still sitting on the fleet. We call him out and wait with no response. Finally we just pull and kill the boss. After exiting the area, the guy is still just sitting outside the instance.

What do you think, drunk? High? Just bored, lazy and apathetic? Narcoleptic?

Running HM Athiss with a Pug group. Myself, a mara, in set bonused 72's and 78's, another mara in 72's with a 78 chest no set bonus, then a sorc healer with 27k, and a PT Tank with 32k (zero set pieces). Anyways, he decides that he doesnt need to guard anyone and we get to the first boss. I end up tanking the boss and the other mara kills the adds. Figured ok, maybe he's a new tank that has no clue whats going on. 2nd boss, I tank as well and the other mara goes rage spec and takes care of adds, the PT taunts and then immediately threat drops every time...and the final boss he does the exact same thing...anyways, not even hard to tank HM Athiss.

I've run this FP on almost every character I've leveled, and never seen anyone use this strat. Weird O.o

Yup first time I've heard of it too, I probably wipe if the group does that. The FP is too easy as it is, why the need of these strange strats?

Running HM Athiss with a Pug group. Myself, a mara, in set bonused 72's and 78's, another mara in 72's with a 78 chest no set bonus, then a sorc healer with 27k, and a PT Tank with 32k (zero set pieces). Anyways, he decides that he doesnt need to guard anyone and we get to the first boss. I end up tanking the boss and the other mara kills the adds. Figured ok, maybe he's a new tank that has no clue whats going on. 2nd boss, I tank as well and the other mara goes rage spec and takes care of adds, the PT taunts and then immediately threat drops every time...and the final boss he does the exact same thing...anyways, not even hard to tank HM Athiss.

LOL! That reminds me of a group I just did ... PT Tank not guarding or taunting .... Srsly, too bad you can't tell me who it was and see if it was the same guy!

This thread is awesome, even im comparison to its German clone :D

I'm leveling a PT tank atm and got into a Mandalorian Raiders SM run. Note that I was lvl 30 at this point of time, had 9k hp and knew the FP very well. Rest of the group were a lvl 23 operative healer, a lvl 25 marauder and a lvl 25 assassin.

FP opens up and I inspect the others. Healer was well geared for his level, dds were not. Marauder going a mix of cunning and strength with two pieces of willpower, assassin still had pieces of Korriban gear. I tell the heal and get a "well.." in response. I order to myself to carry on because I do need the daily for lvl 31.

Pulling is a little adventure, because sin and mara are taunting/jumping everything and do chainpulls. First boss was relativly easy because the sin just tried to taunt the dogs and ignored the main boss, heal is really busy. After the boss I initiate a vote-kick on the mara because he tried to ninja a piece of cunning. Mara gets booted and starts to insult me and the healer in /w. Replacement for the mara is a lvl 30 PT. we proceed and eventually get to the second boss. We vote-kicked the sin on the way because he simply was annoying as hell, telling the healer how bad he is (he wasn't, was one of the best low-lvl healers I have seen lately) and telling me that I do not know how to tank, not to forget how bad my gear is. We got a well geared and well skilled sniper in place.

Standing right before the republic boarding party I had to go afk for something like ten seconds or so. When I come back, PT dd lies face down, sniper is nearly dead and operative runs for his life. I tried to save what I could but died. PT insults everyone with very bad German words and leaves. Operative tells me that the PT pulled but that we can at least save time because wo do not need a vote-kick anymore. We shake heads and I get out lovely Mako as some healing support for the operative. Rest of the FP went smoothly and everyone left had some good laughs and a newly filled igno list.

EDIT: Please excuse any language or grammar mistakes, English is not my first language, you can still guess, what my first language is :D

Edited by Ugasonofuga

Yeah, I've been playing since launch and never saw that strategy either.

First time I was on Colicoid War Games, a few months after launch, was on my healer. I had read a guide that detailed both strategies. I tried staying in my turret and we wiped. Someone on the group said "Healer gotta heal :)", so next try I stayed down and healed everyone, and we passed it with no problem. So I was under the impression that it was the good strategy.

Fortunately, when I got back there on my tank I had read this thread already so I knew things had changed. :)

Weid people story: I'm leveling an Immortal Jugg. Join GF for Hammer Station. Couple Merc DPS, a Sorc healer a bit higher level than the rest. I swear, the "healer" seemed like a parody of this tread. He didn't heal at all; he pulled on all fights, including bosses; he immediately came up to the boss to swing his saber, only using lightning every once in a while - oh, and Overload, so he would push mobs away from me, which is particularly aggravating as a Jugg; he only tried to heal himself when he was almost dead, or healed us out of combat when we revived after a wipe. Ok, so he's new to the game and doesn't know a lot about it, no problem, we'll try to tell him what he should do, in the nicest possible terms... Useless. He didn't say anything, or gave any indication that he was reading the chat. He probably didn't know a lot of English, but if he saw his name in the chat he could have at least said "sorry no English", right? Not even that.

Edit - forgot to mention he needed on everything that dropped.

Miraculously we got through the first two bosses, but the last one was impossible. We kicked him, things weren't terribly smooth afterwards, but we managed to beat the FP.

Another interesting situation a few weeks ago. Battle of Ilum SM. We are killing everything no problem. Second to last boss, a nice Cunning piece drops, both the Gunslinger and the Scoundrel healer need for it, Scoundrel wins. Fair and square, right? So, GS starts to say, in very broken English, that he shouldn't have needed because he's already wearing a better piece, and that he's a ninja and an ******e, and to give it back. The other DPS, from the same guild, backs him up in equally aggressive and badly written terms. Healer answers that it is very debatable, but he would be OK with giving away the gear if asked nicely; even now that he's been insulted, he will give it if they apologize and ask nice. But no, they insist "you ninja ******e, you give gear". It was like they were droids or aliens that had read somewhere on the Net that the proper way to react when you lose a roll is to insult the winner and call him ninja. There was no getting them off their horse. This went on for a while, until they realized that if we left, they would have a way longer time waiting in the queue than us, so they better shut it and played ball. It worries me so much that bad form is catching. :(

Edited by redfurry

I almost feel left out. I've primarily only had good experiences with the Group Finder. There was one time, though........

False Emperor Hardmode Flashpoint. I queued, got a group after twenty minutes (I'm a DPS, you see :/) and things went fairly uneventfully. Then we got to the first boss, the Trandoshan. The Tank decided to let the boss repeatedly hit the Healer (not sure why) with that spinning attack. Healer died, and we followed soon after. The Tank complained we were "the worst team ever" and continued whining until we kicked him and I got a Tank from my then-current Guild to help out. Since then, nothing too terrible, though. I feel for some of you guys, sounds like there are a lot of lousy groups flying around out there....

Got in a pug EV HM last night. We get to Gharj. The ops leader states not to skip him because a guildie actually needed gear, which is fine, so we kill it. Except one dps decided to cross the lava anyway, and just sit there the whole time. After we beat the boss and we're heading to the pylons, he starts complaining about how there's no reason to kill that boss because there's no guarantee the guy would get loot. Duh? So we get to the pylons, and we notice that guy is still just standing in the same spot. 5 min later he finally says "coming". Ops leader tells him to go south. No response. a couple min later he finally goes says "jeez I am just tabbing out because you guys take so long". Op leader says "we're taking so long because we're waiting for you!" He still doesn't go south, so someone else does.

Fast forward to Soa. The tank goofs and force speeds off a ledge so he tells everyone to /stuck. We get back in, and we notice that same dps is still sitting on the fleet. We call him out and wait with no response. Finally we just pull and kill the boss. After exiting the area, the guy is still just sitting outside the instance.

What do you think, drunk? High? Just bored, lazy and apathetic? Narcoleptic?

One never knows when butter might call

Hammer Station HM, just doing pug run for daily reward. First few pulls I notice I loose aggro to a DPS asassin on my jugg. Very strange, as ususally it's hard to steal aggro from a single mob. I examine such DPS, and she has dark ward on her.

I thought she forgot about it, so tell her politely, to change into DPS stance. Then another pull, and the same. Okay, agression level rising, I ask her again to change dark ward. She replies: "I hate lightning stance, I won't change it". As the other PUG members saw no problems with her attitude, I realised, it's high time for me to go, so said goodbye and left the party.

Other story will be of me - Came back after 2 months, and LFG gave me the new Czerka stuff. I read the guide on Dulfy, but told people I'm doing it first time. They explained again the tactics, but, as "practice trumps theory", I was too slow with sandstorm boss and dragging him to boxes, and before I got the feeling of FP, it cost us about 4 wipes.

Luckily none of the folks left, and they just said, that I had to learn it. Still, I feel I owe tchem apology here for those wipes.

Edited by MorgothPl

I almost feel left out. I've primarily only had good experiences with the Group Finder. There was one time, though........

False Emperor Hardmode Flashpoint. I queued, got a group after twenty minutes (I'm a DPS, you see :/) and things went fairly uneventfully. Then we got to the first boss, the Trandoshan. The Tank decided to let the boss repeatedly hit the Healer (not sure why) with that spinning attack. Healer died, and we followed soon after. The Tank complained we were "the worst team ever" and continued whining until we kicked him and I got a Tank from my then-current Guild to help out. Since then, nothing too terrible, though. I feel for some of you guys, sounds like there are a lot of lousy groups flying around out there....

The tank can't pull the boss during the spin attack. He's stationary. That's on the healer for being derpy.

Duran'del here:

I remember being in a lowbie FP and one of our DPS's was a Guardian in cunning/aim and green stength gear. he rolled need on everything, even the stuff he didn't need, even the assault cannon I needed for Jorgan on my Tactics Vanguard. Maybe he was F2P or a noob, but the worst part was I had told him a million times he only needed stuff that had strength.....:mad:

This happened when i was playing on my vanguard dps. I got a group for Taral V SM. The "tank" was also a vanguard, and he was also in dps spec, with dps gear and dps ammo cell. On the first boss, the one with the 2 cats, he died on like 2 hits from the boss. We all died like 3-4 times and then he starts whining that "the healer sux and that the healer should only heal him better". We kindly told him that if he's going to tank he should have tank gear, tank stance and tank spec, to which he replied: "i only need heals!"...

Okay we thought and tried again, and now we also notice he only uses hammershot and completly ignores to taunt the cats, which of course attacks the healer. We point this out and again he replies: "I only need heals!" it took about 2 more deaths, then he declares that we are idiots and leaves. Waiting for a tank in gf isn't fun, but we were lucky and got one almost at once. But the horror didnt stop there. At least not for me.

So we clear the first boss, cause the new tank, a guardian, knows what hes doing. And the boss drops a heavy armor aim gear, and i think "sweet!" cause its an upgrade for me. Then the healer, a sage, needs on it and immidiatly after he wins the roll he dc's. I understand you can't really control a dc, but it did seem suspicious and we waited about 10 mins for him to come back. He didnt.

So we clear the first boss, cause the new tank, a guardian, knows what hes doing. And the boss drops a heavy armor aim gear, and i think "sweet!" cause its an upgrade for me. Then the healer, a sage, needs on it and immidiatly after he wins the roll he dc's. I understand you can't really control a dc, but it did seem suspicious and we waited about 10 mins for him to come back. He didnt.

This I don't understand ... Makes NO sense, to spend all that time and effort in a group, then ninja a piece of loot and leave ... I would understand it better if it all went smoothly, but .... you could buy your comp better gear in greens at your current lvl then ninja a piece of gear from a FP that you will never upgrade .... ON TOP of that .... now your /ignored ... :(

heh, I think I was that weird person from groupfinder last night.

running a HM-FP (forget which one) with mah 52 Jugg tank. merrily whacking away, letting off taunts and generally trying in my n00besque fashion to do what good tanks do.

finish whacking down the last turret in one pull turned around and discovered the rest of the group had gotten themselves wiped.

i hadn't even noticed. I'd wound up taking out ~50% of the pull solo.

then there was a rather squishy marauder on a different run who kept running off and pulling groups. after the second time i'd saved his backside, I decided the next time he goes off to play tank, i'll let him play tank.

he wasn't very happy when he died, but at least he left the tanking to me for teh rest of the run.

I love this thread so much, very enjoyable reading and here are my share though. It's not the best but probably among the weirdest so far. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, on my alt run on the Black Talon. I'm a tank Powertech and we have another dps Powertech, dps Marauder and lastly the tank Juggernaut. Everything went smooth even without a healer, since everyone are well geared, and nearly reach level 15. We use a gear from cartel pack with a mix of blue/green items.

After the first choice on this flashpoint which we chose to spare the captain, and after we went down from the elevator, killing a group of mobs along the way. I noticed our dps Powertech has slow down, and start to running to the other way. When we reach the first boss (Sergeant Boran, and his squad), he went ahead attacking a group of mobs near the boss. We go after him but before we could finish this group then heals ourselves before the boss, he'd pull the boss immediately, making this run a lot harder with most of us losing half of health point already, as for our dps Powertech he ran away to pull the other group of mobs near the exit elevator.

Despite the odds we survived, and I begin to ask him a few question.

Me: What are you doing, man?

Tank Jugg: Dude

Tank Jugg: He doesn't have the game

Me: Why did you pull the boss then run away. We are not even ready yet?

Tank Jugg: he's playing on my m8's account, m8's computer and doesn't play MMO.

Tank Jugg: pls back off

Me: *thinking* I was just point out that he shouldn't do that, it's almost get us all killed, no need to get defensive here. What did I do??!

We managed to process after our little incident, me and our dps Marauder began to ignore those two completly, and there are no one's dying except our dps Powertech being slowed down to follow but be the first to run ahead and pull elite mobs sometimes. It happens again on the second boss (Commander Ghulil), after we finish the first elite droid, clear a few mobs and pull the boss the dps Powertech process and pull another elite droid we ignore.

Tank Jugg: Who hit the droid?

Me: *point to our dps Powertech*

After the slightly harder fight on second boss

Tank Jugg: 1 sec, lemme talk to the guy irl

Me: *thinking* ...!!! I'm just going to assume that you two play on a different computer, and perhaps in different room how did you two coordinate each other is beyond me. And why would that guy playing if he's not ready. *sigh*

Tank Jugg: back, told him DON'T SHOOT UNLESS WE HIT IT

We finally manage to finish the flashpoint. I bid my group farewell, and even though bear no ill will towards those two, tank Juggernault and dps Powertech. I have to put them on my ignore list, a group like this are too chaotic for me.

I can't remember the last time I pugged a raid and doing it thru GF. Well last night I did (I'm a healer) together with guildies: 2 tanks, 1 other healer and 1 dps.

We get insta pop ofc - TFB SM - and were talking in TS "how bad can this be, we only have 3 pug dps". Well.

We got the Dread Guards to enrage even tho us healers were doing dps as much as we could. Nobody answered anything in OPS chat when we were giving instructions or asking questions. Nobody attacked the cores or vortexes first, it was us healers to do that... And lastly when we go to Operator I AGAIN ask "have you guys done this before" and then WOW someone actually answered and said the usual "could refresh my mind about it". We explain yet again, short and sweet and precise. And well... we failed color Blue... on a TFB SM! even tho both of us healers were again doing almost only dps.... So yeah I was super annoyed by that time and had no hope to clear operator so I quit the grp and so did my guildies.

The thing is that I don't mind explaining to ppl stuff when they react somehow and show that they can do what they're told to do. But when you get no reply or question or anything from anyone or any signs of them knowing what to do, why bother then you know.

So yeah I'm not pugging again in a long time.

Edited by Sallakat

I'm sorry bud. going to pm you something about those " odd " disconnects. :)