PVP augments

Anosa

The only augments you ever want are Willpower.

Depending on spec, you want your critical rating somewhere between 250-300, I believe. Stack power in your mods and enhancements after that. Surge should be around 300. Go with alacrity after that. I can't remember the exact "best-in-slot" numbers off the top of my head. Point being, all of these numbers are achievable by switing out mods and enhancements in your gear, which is why you don't need to worry about using augments for crit or surge.

Edited by SoonerJBD

The only augments you ever want are Willpower.

Depending on spec, you want your critical rating somewhere between 250-300, I believe. Stack power in your mods and enhancements after that. Surge should be around 300. Go with alacrity after that. I can't remember the exact "best-in-slot" numbers off the top of my head. Point being, all of these numbers are achievable by switing out mods and enhancements in your gear, which is why you don't need to worry about using augments for crit or surge.

im pvp so mods dont mean crap since expertise is needed

266 alacrity and surge...even though they will be a few points higher once you min/max ewh. For crit...anywhere between 30-35%...figure out which number works best for you as far as numbers you see on your screen in all situations. At the very least, you should switch all mods to the +40 power ones if your pieces have power/surge or power/alacrity. And yes, use all wp augments unless you want exactly 30% crit, then you can probably afford to use 1 or 2 power augments for a couple point bonus damage increase.

get rid of ALL your alacrity too....the slight speed increase over power output would be wasting your time

Stop giving people this terrible advice. Alacrity does not compete with power in end game gearing. Power competes with crit. Alacrity competes with Surge, which has a huge DR after around 300, and accuracy, which a Sorc absolutely does not use. Get your surge to around 300 and then stack all the alacrity you like.

I think what he's trying to say is stacking more surge past the soft cap of 75% at the cost of alacrity is still more beneficial than stacking alacrity at that point. So basically an extra 3% crit multiplier is better than shaving .1-.2 seconds off a cast.

For me personally, I'd think its spec/playstyle dependent. Since I only have experience from the PVP side as heals I would say bubble spec is in lower demand of alacrity. Once I use rejuv, innervate, I'm usually busy throwing bubbles around and by then my CD's are over and i'm ready to throw more heals out. Only thing I'd want alacrity for is shaving my dark heal time down, but I dont use it as often in that spec since I'm prioritizing bubbles, rejuv, and innervate. So in that case a lower cast of .1 seconds is of little use to me.

Full heals on the other hand, I wanted a bit more alacrity since I am casting dark heal and reviv much more often.

I think what he's trying to say is stacking more surge past the soft cap of 75% at the cost of alacrity is still more beneficial than stacking alacrity at that point. So basically an extra 3% crit multiplier is better than shaving .1-.2 seconds off a cast.

For me personally, I'd think its spec/playstyle dependent. Since I only have experience from the PVP side as heals I would say bubble spec is in lower demand of alacrity. Once I use rejuv, innervate, I'm usually busy throwing bubbles around and by then my CD's are over and i'm ready to throw more heals out. Only thing I'd want alacrity for is shaving my dark heal time down, but I dont use it as often in that spec since I'm prioritizing bubbles, rejuv, and innervate. So in that case a lower cast of .1 seconds is of little use to me.

Full heals on the other hand, I wanted a bit more alacrity since I am casting dark heal and reviv much more often.

That isn't what he is saying. If you read his other posts, he is convinced that you can trade alacrity for power and crit, which is not true. That said, stacking more than 400 surge at the cost of alacrity is silly. If you think saving 3 tenths of a second on your force lightning isn't worth the tiny bit of crit multiplier you get at that point, you really don't understand the S part of DPS.