Shadow tank vs Assassin dps

RaithHarth

Shadow tanks stands no chance in a 1 vs 1 match, even with 25 k health the amount of damage I take with full elite pvp survival gear, why don't tanks get a rebound counter ability? instead we have debuffs and a four second stun? Edited by RaithHarth

Go dps gear

Edit: I think juggernaut tank in tank gear will not have a chance vs dps assassin, full geared tanks can buy only some time

Edit2:

instead we have debuffs and a four second stun?
u have also out of stealth spike, and FC+mind trap Edited by yauhen_pt

Go dps gear

Edit: I think juggernaut tank in tank gear will not have a chance vs dps assassin, full geared tanks can buy only some time

The idea of a Shadow tank in dps gear seems abit unjustified, since tanks should stick what they are good at, but apparently the tank spec in pvp is broken until Bioware does something about it.

The idea of a Shadow tank in dps gear seems abit unjustified, since tanks should stick what they are good at, but apparently the tank spec in pvp is broken until Bioware does something about it.

A sin tank build in full dps gear is pretty godly for 1v1's. The only thing that's going to consistently beat it is... What you're complaining about in this thread.

A sin tank build in full dps gear is pretty godly for 1v1's. The only thing that's going to consistently beat it is... What you're complaining about in this thread.

Like I said the tank spec is broken in pvp, which is why tanks are switching over to dps gear instead of tank gear

If you want to win 1v1s, go dps gear while being tank specced.(23/1/17, 27/0/14, 0/27/14 are all good 1v1 specs)

If you want to node guard and stall the enemy from getting a node for as long as possible so reinforcements can arrive... wear tank gear in tank spec.

In the end, it comes down to what you prefer to do. Win 1v1s, or stall the enemy.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Like I said the tank spec is broken in pvp, which is why tanks are switching over to dps gear instead of tank gear

tank specs are fine tanking gear stats are not in pvp.

No it's that the tanking gear stats sucks besides for carrying the ball in huttball.

the only usefull tanking stat is endurence in huttball and erverywhere else. a jugg/guardian is allways the ball carrier because of its dmg reduce abilitys(and different leaps) not because of defense stats wich every tanking class can have aswell.

Edited by Tankqull

Let me tell you a little secret:

GEAR:

Elite warhero Survivor armorings + warhero reinforced mods27 (from elite warhero bracers) and adept enhancements 27 (from elite warhero combat medic boots)

Shield generator but dont use absorb /shield rating mods or enhancers , stay at basic 25%.

Resolve / Redoubt augments

Guard a healer for the extra damage (survivor gear)

and go for a 26/1/14

You can Tank and deal insane amounts of damage.

you need alot of work? yes

worth it? totally

I have about the same hp on my Guardian tank as most dps (okay, maybe slighlty more), but I live a lot longer. And it's not just cooldowns; those aren't always available. It's mitigation. Just because it doens't work for everything, doesn't mean it works for nothing.

And I can absolutely kill people with my tank (but it will take some time). Yes, the Guardian tank v Shadow hybrid is a tough matchup, but we all agree that the Shadow hybrid in dps gear is the best 1v1 in the game and possibly one of the more unbalanced aspects of pvp. I'm not beating one of these guys unless they are a worse player, simple as that.

It. Is. Tank. Gear.

If a tank can 1 on 1 a dps and win, THEN I know something is wrong. Tanks aren't for duels, they're for objectives.

Rofl, that's the silliest excuse I've ever heard for dps specs dominating in pvp. "It's okey dps specs destroy tanks...tanks are for holding objectives." Ahhh, it all falls into place now. Because I can hold an objective 10 seconds longer, I should stand no chance in 1on1 encounters!!

Thankfully this isn't true in SWTOR. Hybrid juggernaut tanks destroy most dps specs. Shadow/Assassin tanks beat pretty much everything 1 on 1, and even the Shieldtech powertech, the sad black sheep of all the SWTOR specs, can beat some dps specs in duels when played well.

Also, I really hope Bioware will have the guts to change how defensive stats like shield and defense works in PvP, It makes zero sense that these stats are only roughly 50% effective in pvp, while dps stats are 100% effective.

Edited by LordExozone

Also, I really hope Bioware will have the guts to change how defensive stats like shield and defense works in PvP, It makes zero sense that these stats are only roughly 50% effective in pvp, while dps stats are 100% effective.

Trust me, if defense and shield worked on all attack and damage types, we would all be rolling tanks. It's fine the way it is. If anything, it leaves the door open for Bioware to tweak class balance by changing a particular attack or damage type. Example: you could buff a merc by changing a white attack to a yellow attack.

Trust me, if defense and shield worked on all attack and damage types, we would all be rolling tanks. It's fine the way it is. If anything, it leaves the door open for Bioware to tweak class balance by changing a particular attack or damage type. Example: you could buff a merc by changing a white attack to a yellow attack.

I agree. A tank and healer combo would be close to unbeatable.

This^

tank in tank gear can 1vs1 some classes and in worst case stand 30 seconds against 2 stealthers who pop out suddenly, which should be more then enouth time for 2 team members to come and help (so 2 stealtehrs pop, I type '2 east', and if from that point, no one comes in 40 seconds, then it's a fail team who doesn't deserve to win).

if tanks will get buffed, we all be rolling tanks

I do agree that tanks get the short end of the stick in that too many player attacks are force or tech, and thus bypass defences. It does make you feel quite crap when you consider that you gave up the ability to do much damage by equiping all the tank gear.

However, tanks shine in a group environment. Whilst it is currently not a fair trade when deciding between tank or dps gear, in a group situation your increase in survivability will help you protect other people which in turn helps your team win. Tanks in TOR PvP are pure team players and generally terrible at winning 1v1s. So, you must adopt that mindset when playing a tank. Find a healer or DPS to guard whilst in the main fight, and if you are 1v1ing whilst defending then you purely need to stall, not win. If you are 1v1ing at any other time then you are probably doing it wrong.