Can't unlock explorer of Hoth achievement

eluvians

I've unlocked the whole of Hoth and the notification saying I'd done so came up but I didn't get the explorer of Hoth achievement? The map is also completed fully so it's definitely a bug. In the achievements bit it says 17/18 for Hoth but everything has a green tick next to it

I know people have had problems with Makeb and Balmorra in the past but I didn't think Hoth was a problem too?

• 3 months later...

This is not bugged, you can get to area east of the Clabburn Tundra just fine. Just go to the southeast corner and hop onto the glacier plates there. Alternatively, you can get there from Highmount Ridge as well.

None of the explorer achievements are bugged; if you did not get it, look through all parts of the map more closely instead of wasting the time of the developers with this.

The achievement isn't bugged but the world map is. You get the full map 1 area too early; i.e. when a planet has 10 regions, the full map will be displayed and you get the "you have discovered the whole map..." message when you found the 9th, but the explorer achievement won't unlock until you found the final area. Edited by Mubrak

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This is not bugged, you can get to area east of the Clabburn Tundra just fine. Just go to the southeast corner and hop onto the glacier plates there. Alternatively, you can get there from Highmount Ridge as well.

None of the explorer achievements are bugged; if you did not get it, look through all parts of the map more closely instead of wasting the time of the developers with this.

Your comment regarding the achievement is incorrect, the achievement is bugged. The map locations are appearing in code and gibberish. Also, my map is no longer completely explored as it used to be. I have noticed this in a couple of places but Hoth was the one that glitched and would not allow me to re-discover areas because the full-map states I already have all of the areas.. .as does my codex.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/3194/rDMTPG.jpg

Hope it's fixed soon.

Your comment regarding the achievement is incorrect, the achievement is bugged. The map locations are appearing in code and gibberish. Also, my map is no longer completely explored as it used to be. I have noticed this in a couple of places but Hoth was the one that glitched and would not allow me to re-discover areas because the full-map states I already have all of the areas.. .as does my codex.

I was talking about the images posted by Dart_Aleksandros, because in his case he just didn't explore the whole map. But I can understand your sentiment, I've seen my share of exploration bugs.

Whenever I saw those numbers, I was able to fix the achievements by reloading the UI with Ctrl+U. If you still see the numbers after pressing Ctrl+U, I'm not sure about it.

The issue where a previously explored planet now has unexplored sections is actually working as intended. This usually happens when they add new areas, e.g. Hoth got new dreadseed areas added with 2.0 that you very likely did not yet explore. This is not a bug.

I was talking about the images posted by Dart_Aleksandros, because in his case he just didn't explore the whole map. But I can understand your sentiment, I've seen my share of exploration bugs.

Whenever I saw those numbers, I was able to fix the achievements by reloading the UI with Ctrl+U. If you still see the numbers after pressing Ctrl+U, I'm not sure about it.

The issue where a previously explored planet now has unexplored sections is actually working as intended. This usually happens when they add new areas, e.g. Hoth got new dreadseed areas added with 2.0 that you very likely did not yet explore. This is not a bug.

I actually have Dreedseed, TaunTaun and spent many, many, many painful hours on Hoth (on my main toon that's been here since launch) looking for those darn Star Forger boots. The area above the Rep base is also the location of a tauntaun nest, does not appear discovered, yet on the full map it is.

The stabbing pain in my eyeballs from the white also tells me I have explored it all. :D

Edited by Baby-Girl

• 7 years later...
On 11/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Nice necro, only seven years late...

Better to necro an existing thread on the same topic, than to post a new topic and clutter up the Forums with needless thread duplication!

I have spoken. :csw_fett: