Quesh PvP Event

-Dark-

(Edited to put instructions and event info first)

After surveying Quesh for several days, on both the Imperial and Republic side, and seeing some growing interest I think I'll try organizing this event.

Day: Saturday, November 3rd

Time: 8:00pm EST

Where: Quesh (Meet at your respective faction bases)

The Battle of Quesh will be a simple battle of attack and defend. Each faction will elect a player to be their field commander. THE FIELD COMMANDER MUST STAY INSIDE OF THE TEAMS BASE! Each faction will need to divide into an offense and defense team. Victory occurs when the opposing teams Field Commander is killed.

Now, there are a couple of things to note about each base:

For the Imperials

- There are drastically more Level 50 champions roaming your base, so use the AI to your advantage

For the Republic

- There are roughly about 4-5 champions roaming around, and there are fewer places for your field commander to take refuge, leave good defenders behind.

This event will be for level 50's only, given the fact that the base is being protected by level 50 champions.

There are a couple of restrictions/guidelines I must lay down though:

1) As stated above, the field commander must stay inside of the base.

2) The field commander must have 1 tank guarding them (basically the bodyguard)

3) The field commander cannot be a healer. Given the fact that both sides have very impressive healers, it could possibly prolong the battle, not to mention it would make the tank more or less the primary target

4) Please be honest about when your field commander is slain. I'd prefer that we'd all follow the rules, and I can't enforce this.

5) Have fun

No matter what faction or what gear set you wear, feel free to answer the call and meet up next weekend. If you have any additional thoughts to this please feel free to leave a reply. I may or may not be looking in to prizes for guilds that participate (if I do, it will most likely be something that I can mass produce such as MK-6 kits for guilds, maybe...). As for solo players that participate, I may would look into a credit reward.

Throughout the week, I will be dropping in and out of general chat on both the Republic and Imperial fleet to get the word out, but feel free to let everyone know in general.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me in-game as well.

Good luck :)

Edited by -Dark-

Color me intrigued!

The problem I see with 2 is getting the population to go along with it. When I was heading up the massive Ilum battles on Vrook Lamar the problem was always how to keep the numbers about even. There are some people that do not give a flying leap for what is 'fair' and go rogue doing their own thing no matter what the community as a whole wishes. On the plus side because there are no valor or server side rewards to be gained, this may be less likely a problem.

Really looking forward to the feedback and seeing where this goes.

Back in the old days on my server all the 50s would be on ilum. When we werent in a wz killing each other we were fighting over the pvp zone for the valor buff/armaments. Nowadays we dont need armaments, but it would be cool if everyone would go to ilum when they q for pvp and we can fight there in between the q's like them good old times.

(for those of you who are new to this game and complain about the pvp dailies, some of us have been here since the beginning where in order to get a daily done you had to either kill 30 players in the ilum warzone, or collect 30 armaments in Central (only 3 of them there at any given time with almost a 45-60 sec respawn). The weekly was 150. Back when i first dinged 50 there were only about 10 other imperials at 50. The pubs had about 30-40ish majority of them BM. We imps had only one BM, Slades, and we would literally be slaughtered at central :p Luckily I got to know a few of them and they gave me a pass :D

Thats only for the attacking side. Defenders get nothing. And yea now that I think of it imps dont have a real strong pvp side atm. Pubs dominate, just like when I was a lil impy :(

ah wth at least im on the right faction this time :D

I'm down for it myself. Used to have fun in Ilum a month ago or so with a friend, but haven't been there in a while.

Quesh sounds just as good.

I would also be down for some prizes and general support. Guilds could support with creds or any kind of rewards. I know this goes against what Desi talked about, of people taking it too serious, but maybe prizes could be not for the team who wins, but for the most important player (in popular vote), or even most entertainning player or whatever we could think of. It should get more people attention.

A simple idea would be to reward equally both commaders (republic and imperial), no matter the result, and they would give it to the 3 players they considered most effective in the game. I believe most guilds would have no problem donating a reasonable amount for such events (count Bane in).

Thanks.

It should be more of a participation reward rather than one given to the victor. Unfortunately the imperial faction is not as strong as the republic in terms of pvpers...however if this is done on Quesh, expertise will NOT be factored into the battle and the pve people will be just as effective if not even more so in a fight there.

Very nice. I've relayed this info on the Order of 66/Exiled Lords forums/email list and will be doing what I can to drum up support throughout the week.

Edit: Removed char info due to updated signature.

Edited by Icmoigigan

Count me in!

ive been wanting to do some open world PvP for awhile!

My guild and i occasionally go to ilum and attack the Imp bases across ilum, next time we go i will post something so we can get a nice group to fight with/against.

I'm happy to donate an Ice Scrabbler Jerky. Sounds like a fun event. Thank you for doing this. :)

As the organizing finalizes please post how we get the prizes to you.

If you have any prizes to donate for use in this event send them to one of the two characters:

Republic: Siricius

Empire: Raviss

Anything that you are willing to donate would be useful. I'm primarily looking to give away miscellaneous gifts, augments, augment kits, and armor pieces. Stims would be useful as well, if you need payment for those hopefully we can work something out.

Sorry for the double post, I know they are very annoying, but this is kind of important.

I will need a Level 50 Imperial to procter since I will technically be watching the Republic side.

Basically, all your job will be is to get the selected Field Commander to meet the opposing teams field commander outside of the base (probably in that large factory that you need to cross to get to the enemies base) just so both field commanders can be marked by the crosshairs emblem. I will also be awarding the said proctor with an additional gift.

With any luck this should go smoothly and there should be a could outcome :)