Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

The class quests in this game are really separating the baddies from the adequates, aren't they.

Zash is easily doable if you interrupt, stun and knockback her big damage abilities.

Actually the same goes for any elite / boss mob in the game

Except for those Gold mobs that like to play "I jump back and forth and pwn your face, BTW I have no cast time abilities."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the reasons I had a hard time with this quest was the lack of target of target. I'm pure heal spec, so I usually let Khem tank and swap back and forth between heals to DPS. Unfortuneately, without target of target, it's nigh impossible to interupt dependably or see what is being cast.

And yes, I adapted and went full out DPS mode for this fight, but that doesn't change the fact that things are often made difficult in this game simply because of poor UI design or basic features that aren't included. Healing in this game is a PITA and I hope they change things before I start raiding.

<Alt>-T is the hotkey for "Target of Target". I use it all the time for soloing and instances.

Healing in this game is just the same as it is in any other game that doesn't allow add-ons that hold your hand... Except with less spells, which is good.

This fight is 110% about interrupts. Watch for her long casts for the lightning AOE or the casted heal, and be sure to do the following:

Electrocute -> Jolt -> Channel the Force -> Jolt -> Electrocute -> Jolt

Use that basic combination above and just apply either Electrocute or Jolt to interrupt her casts when applicable (don't just spam the strategy there or you'll blow your interrupt CDs), and she'll be down in no time. Finished on my 28 Sorc after experiencing the same issue you described, once I followed that strategy, one-shot her immediately.

Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.

Sorry man, you are doing it wrong...

I did it as a deception assassin.

REALLY Easy, killed in the 1st try.... no one helping me...

If it wasn't for the lag spikes plaguing my game play, I would be able to defeat her. But every single try, the lag completely interrupts. Which means I'm just standing there for about 6 or 7 seconds while she kills me. It's really frustrating....

Sounds like PEBKAC to me. I'm actually enjoying that some of the bosses are a challenge to take down and require a bit of thought.

Honestly, if you want a game where you can shut your brain off and while away the hours, WoW is still alive and well.

Sounds like PEBKAC to me. I'm actually enjoying that some of the bosses are a challenge to take down and require a bit of thought.

Honestly, if you want a game where you can shut your brain off and while away the hours, WoW is still alive and well.

The nice thing about WoW is that heroic raids take at least a modicum of effort, and you can always find good competition at the top of the Arena ladder. The same can't be said for TOR.

Honestly, I find that most people who play an MMO other than WoW have an inflated sense of their own skill level. But maybe I'll find hard mode flashpoints/operations with mechanics more sophisticated than "stay out of the fire" or "land AN (singular) interrupt." Or maybe I'll see a warzone where someone can actually land an (singular) interrupt or execute basic tactics like target-swapping and crowd control. But I'm doubtful.

Edited by PanzerKing

To anyone that still needs help with this, here's another suggestion. What helped me as a Tank Assassin was deactivating all of Khem's abilities that generate threat and putting him on Combat Stance (the DPS one). As soon as I did that, I won the fight on the first try. Of course I kept my Dark Ward and Deflection up, and I had Guard up on Khem. I also had to use Channel the Force, like many have mentioned here.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got trounced by her, and I'm a lvl 33 Sorcerer. No biggie. I'll go to Taris, do the planetary quest line, maybe a couple Heroics, come back at level 36-37 and grind her into old lady dust.

remember that you've got three interrupts and don't let khem get whirlwinded. how is this hard?

LOL. You would be frustrated when you face Zash again including Lord Thanaton on level 45 class quest. It was tough coz I was only level 43 when I did it. She almost killed my Ashara.

That Zash fight for level 32, I think I did it at level 30. I find Rolan harder.... the fight after Zash. Yes, it's not tank and spank. LOL.

These regular fights in SWTOR keep me entertained like WoW hardmodes.

Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.

Well I beat Zash easy at lvl 33 , just Khem and me

The above post got it right even though you only have one ability that says "interrupt" any ability that stuns or knocks back will interrupt a cast this means you should have at least three; Electrocute, Overload and err the interrupt one between these three you should be able to cover most of her attacks.

I went into this fight as a 32 Heals Sorcerer totally assuming i could use Khem to tank and spank and ended up fighting forever because Zash and I both kept healing ourselves. After a couple of tries, this worked the best for me, especially if you fail at multi-tasking (I suck):

1. Turn off all Tank skills for Khem and put him in DPS stance

2. Shield him and yourself then start nuking like crazy

3. Keep threat on yourself and kite her around the room, casting DoTs and fast nukes. This seems to reduce the chance of her casting Force Lightning/Chain Lightning

4. When she starts channeling Force Storm/Heals, begin interrupting. Start with Electrocute, Overload then Jolt (longest to shortest CD). This will cancel most of her big heals/nukes

5. Hide behind pillars to avoid her direct hit spells. the only spell that can hit you when you're hiding is Chain Lightning, so watch out. Keep shield up as often as possible. Don't bother keeping Khem alive too long if you can't multitask, by the time he dies she should be down to 40%

6. When she's close to death, just use a good medpack and nuke, making sure to continue interrupting her heals at least

Hope this helps!

I am lvl 50 at the moment and i lvled as Deception from 10 to max lvl. I died the first time i fought Zash because i didn't LOS her. The second time , i let Khem die and just LOS and interrupt all her abilities , as a Deception assassin you have 4 interrupts [ knockback , jolt , electrocute and low slash ( high tear deception talent ) ] . Just LOS her casting skills and interupt her AOEs and you can nuke her no problem :) Btw i did this quest at lvl 31 , with just 2 medpacks used. Had a bit of a harder time at the last boss from the class quest since he killed my healer companion untill i figured how to keep him out of the AOE , but basically all class quests are doable if you are at the appropriate lvl and use all the skills in your arsenal.:D

my noob friend

thats the easiest quest boss

what you need to do is

change khem' val into DPS mode

this way you can have the agro of the darth zash

secondly dath zash has 2x ground aoe abilities, force storm and some sort of dmg/heal ****

if you stand still eventually she will kill you

i notice you learned 2 whine on the forums but you yet to learn 2 play