1 point in First Responder talent seems to be better than advertised

alex_cpa

I was a bit skeptical of using the commando build of 6/36/4, with 1 point in the First Responder talent to gain a 50% chance (upon a critical hit) to increase my alacrity by 3% for 6 seconds. I could see how having 2 pistols as a merc would allow for a better chance for this to occur, i.e. merc's offhand pistol has a chance to crit. And therefore make the up time good enough to offset the extra 1% alacrity I would be giving up.

So I decided to go out to Torparse and pick a high dps op dummy parse. I picked this one http://www.torparse.com/a/446581/1

When looking at the actual log, what I found surprised me. First responder upon a crit hit was yielding the increased alacrity, which is no surprise. But the DURATION of the First Responder was sometimes much longer than 6 seconds, i.e 12, 19, 48 seconds.

So I looked at some high merc parses too. The same thing is occurring on the merc parses as well.

What I don't understand is why is it lasting longer than 6 seconds, and why is it sometimes lasting 12 seconds and sometimes 48 seconds?

Bottom line, I guess I'm going to move 1 point from 'Weapon Calibrations' to 'First Responder'.