the LFG tool is Story Mode only?

When posting in general for LFG, 90% of the lfg's are for HM.

WHY restrict it to story mode only?

LINK

"Group-finder tool

PCG: Is the group finder available for Hard Mode Operations, or just Story Mode?

DE: Just Story. Pick-up groups for Hard Mode would be more frustration than anything else."

How can you hope for your average PuG to down anything in hm?

I've had many successful pug's when my guildies aren't online.

granted it's a coin toss though on whether you'll succeed or not, but at least give us the opportunity to look for a HM pug.

I didn't reach level 50 yet in SWTOR but from my personal experience in other mmo raids in hard mode, you really want to complete them with your guildmates/friends instead of puggers. I'm not saying that it is impossible with puggers but it can become so much much... much much more frustrating and time consuming.

But I agree, they should add the HM Raid option in the lfg tool. It would give us some hilarious blaming and venting discussions in the general chat hahaha... :jawa_tongue:

Edited by Sammm

What's the problem with forming a HM Op's group the normal way through chat? It's probably a much safer route to take if you want a group you can feel confident with for attempting it.

To give the option for HM Op's through the LFG tool just seems to much like giving the option to create bad experiences for the players. Hell, Denova probably shouldn't be on that list but I'm expecting nerfs to this place pending the release of nightmare mode so that's a wait and see moment.

What's the problem with forming a HM Op's group the normal way through chat? It's probably a much safer route to take if you want a group you can feel confident with for attempting it.

To give the option for HM Op's through the LFG tool just seems to much like giving the option to create bad experiences for the players. Hell, Denova probably shouldn't be on that list but I'm expecting nerfs to this place pending the release of nightmare mode so that's a wait and see moment.

There's no problem with forming it through chat, I was just surprised that they restrict the HM ops from that group finder.

I'm not shedding any tears over it lol, just don't understand it that's all.

Really? I love this. People were crying about a group finder, Bioware listens and even before it is actually implemented, people are already complaining about it. I agree that the average pug is not going to be able to do a HM, as random PUGs most of the time can barely scratch out a SM, with conflicting egos running rampant.

They also said for now.

End of the day MOST people running HM ops are part of a guild. Where as Story raids are not only often Pugged but almost designed around being pugged.

Anyways...Im sure you'll survive with just lfg story mode ops.

Hardest raids are only designed to be beatable by a tightly-knit group of 8 or 16 players who have learned the encounters through trial & error over several weeks. As you practice you should see continuous improvement until your raid group is able to beat the encounters, which keeps you motivated.

In LFG there is no guarantee that next week your group will do better than this week, so the afore-mentioned raid design doesn't work. For a LFG raid group to be able to beat an encounter they have to be able to beat it on the first try, because every try is the same as a first try.

That is why story mode gameplay and nightmare mode gameplay are different. There's two ways to reconcile them:

1) Change harder raids to be beatable on the first try.

2) Drive away all players who expect LFG raids to be beatable on the first try.

How can you hope for your average PuG to down anything in hm?

EV is definitely puggable in HM. Did that the other day when the reps all logged to queue on fatman, actually.

Course, everyone in the pug was either half-columi/battlemaster, half-columi/rakata or full columi (plus one marauder in black hole/campaign), which isn't going to be a likely scenario with a LFG tool.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it was probably better described as pieces of 3 raid groups filling in their own blanks with players from the other two. Not sure that's still a pug.

EV is definitely puggable in HM. Did that the other day when the reps all logged to queue on fatman, actually.

Course, everyone in the pug was either half-columi/battlemaster, half-columi/rakata or full columi (plus one marauder in black hole/campaign), which isn't going to be a likely scenario with a LFG tool.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it was probably better described as pieces of 3 raid groups filling in their own blanks with players from the other two. Not sure that's still a pug.

That's not a PUG. That's an ad hoc run of guild members.

If people want to switch to hm, I'm sure they will discuss it once the group is together. "Hey guys, wanna switch to HM? We all geared?" Would probably be a 20 second conversation.

Edited by Powerrmongerr

Workaround: Get the operation group all invited then have the leader change the difficulty to 8 Man Hard.

It's not as if you're forced to do just the flashpoint the LFG tool gets your group for. Most likely the group gets put together, someone gets assigned group leader, then people choose to either teleport into the instance or get there on their own time. Either way, if a group made with the LFG tool wants to do HM EV or KP, they just need to leave the instance entirely and do the workaround.

Though, why you'd expect a PUG to do well in a HM operation is beyond me, unless they're all 1337

I've pugged HM EV but I was only able to do so because out of the 8 players ALL had beaten Story EV and 5/8 had beaten HM EV before. We all had +3 pieces of Columi so we were geared for it. Basically, the pug was made of people who were ready to do HM EV but whose guild was busy - and since we used teamspeak were more of a premade than a pug.

Still, I think if we set a gear requirement for HM EV we'd be good.

My idea is that if you required 2/5 Rakata qualify for the HM EV Ops that almost every LFG attempt would clear HM Soa. After all if everyone has 2/5 Rakata they've already beaten HM EV or HM KP at least once so they should be able to do it again.

Setting gear requirements for Hard Mode Ops makes sense - there should be a LFG for BT/Essles-D7 (1), BI-KUS (2), Story LI and HM FPs - not HM LI (3), Story EV, KP (4), HM EV, HM KP, HM LI (5).

I think that having 5 different LFG ranges would work. EC and Nightmare Ops aren't meant to be pugged so there's no point in having a LFG for those.

I've pugged HM EV and HM LI so I know that that's pretty much the limit - I'd suggest having the LFG tool work for HM KP but I've never pugged it, only beaten HM KP and Nightmare EV with my guildies.

The 5 range LFG tool works because you could offer 5 different LFG weeklies.

So to reiterate

LFG Rank 1: Essles/BT - D7

LFG Rank 2: Battle of Illum - Kaon Under Seige

LFG Rank 3: HM FPs (except HM LI) and Story LI

LFG Rank 4: Story EV, Story KP

LFG Rank 5: HM LI, HM EV, HM KP

• 1 month later...
Very dispaointed!!!! Was really looking forward to LFG tool and what they didnt put Hard Mode operations in it!!!!!! Im so angry right now!!!!!!
So angry you called on the powers of necromancy to revive this dead thread?