Collectors edition vendor

belizar

We're only at 200. I think it will be quite a long time before we reach 2000. But I also think we will get to 2000 before BW does any meaningful updates to the CE venfor offerings, much less the "regular" updates they promised.

yeah I made a typo fixed it, but my post makes 2000 replies!!! Happy 2000 people!

Edited by Sangrar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUT, we've been repetitively told prior to launch that the CE vendor would have more, then told post launch it would have more. It's never been delivered. Today, I don't expect them to ever add more to it, but for this thread to still exist with them remaining silent is a testament to just how little they care. They should just come out and say "No, sorry." and then lock the thread and all future threads.

Ummm.. we've been told a lot of things since launch. Many of which never came to pass, and probably never will.

MMO launches are much like everything else in life.... plans change over time. Anyone that cannot understand that, and accept it, .... well.. they are destined to be disappointed in life in so many different ways.

Edited by Andryah

Ummm.. we've been told a lot of things since launch. Many of which never came to pass, and probably never will.

MMO launches are much like everything else in life.... plans change over time. Anyone that cannot understand that, and accept it, .... well.. they are destined to be disappointed in life in so many different ways.

This is why I'm never disappointed. MMo launches promise the world, but they generally fall short. Looking forward, I don't expect much from the CE vendor. The main reason I bought the CE was for the digipass or keychain and to lesser extent the digital perks.

Is that like expecting everyone to share your point of view on the game and if they don't you criticize them for being wrong?

This is exactly wat she does. Dont play her little game - it's her way of trolling and it's common knowledge here. I'm a CE owner and boy was I disappointed.

Pre-release: Guys, we offer you an extra and exclusive stuff! Just pay 120 euro more than for the regular edition! You're gonna love it!

Post-release: Plans can change, you know. Thanks for the cash, suckers. Except, we don't even have the guts to say that.

And you're really fine with it ? This is a massive amount of money which is not proportionate to the cheap physical items which were included.

Just admit it that you screwed / disappointed players up because that's how many CE owners feel. You did it with a hood toggle (shame it required Dulfy to ask about it!).

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Pre-release: Guys, we offer you an extra and exclusive stuff! Just pay 120 euro more than for the regular edition! You're gonna love it!

Post-release: Plans can change, you know. Thanks for the cash, suckers. Except, we don't even have the guts to say that.

And you're really fine with it ?

Andrea is, and whatever she says is the only thing that's perfect/acceptable bc its positive. Anything else is just hyperbolic.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gamesux

I returned to the game the famous ol Luda! I'm not sure who still remember me in the WFs :)

Anyways so did they add anything to CE vendor like they said they will?

When did you leave?

Honestly, only a few god-awful dyes that weren't BoP so they weren't CE exclusive; then another was added but I see no one using it. But this was many months ago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If you think about it, how hard would it be to add one item every CM update? they could add a speeder, mount, weapon. The greed just needs to stop with BW and start doing what YOU said you would do for the collectors edition buyers. Start showing some love to those of us that put out 150.00 for this F2P game.

Not defending this particular EA/BW decision (since I think they should be honoring the spirit, not just the technical letter, of their pitch for the CE), but it comes down to cold hard numbers.

They've got the metrics that say there are [X number] of CE players still subscribed, and they've got people (either amateurs or professionals) projecting that if they fail to release a steady supply of CE vendor content they're likely to lose [Y number] of them in the future, but if they DO release CE content, they're only likely to lose [Z number] of them instead.

The thing is, as time goes on the difference between [Y] and [Z] has certainly gotten smaller and smaller. Most CE players have either already jumped ship or else have shown that the lack of new CE content isn't a determinative factor in their decision to play/subscribe.

With that margin so small, it's probably really easy for EA/BW to make a business decision that "well we can either save this small amount of income (the difference between [Y] and [Z]) by putting this new recolor on the CE vendor, or we can make this projected amount of money by putting on the CM instead. Looks like it'll make us more money on the CM."

Edited by DarthDymond

Not defending this particular EA/BW decision (since I think they should be honoring the spirit, not just the technical letter, of their pitch for the CE), but it comes down to cold hard numbers.

They've got the metrics that say there are [X number] of CE players still subscribed, and they've got people (either amateurs or professionals) projecting that if they fail to release a steady supply of CE vendor content they're likely to lose [Y number] of them in the future, but if they DO release CE content, they're only likely to lose [Z number] of them instead.

The thing is, as time goes on the difference between [Y] and [Z] has certainly gotten smaller and smaller. Most CE players have either already jumped ship or else have shown that the lack of new CE content isn't a determinative factor in their decision to play/subscribe.

With that margin so small, it's probably really easy for EA/BW to make a business decision that "well we can either save this small amount of income (the difference between [Y] and [Z]) by putting this new recolor on the CE vendor, or we can make this projected amount of money by putting on the CM instead. Looks like it'll make us more money on the CM."

Not only this, but the real CE vendors are now the CM reputation vendors.

The folks who qualify to buy things from the CM vendors spend many times over what CE players did in perhaps a couple weeks.

Your CE does not matter. You received a statue (I hope Malgus comes back at some point) and some other collectables. Get over the rest.

Or start spending on packs. This is a different game than the one you bought, unfortunately for all of us. I still play because I like it enough.

Edited by arunav

Not only this, but the real CE vendors are now the CM reputation vendors.

The folks who qualify to buy things from the CM vendors spend many times over what CE players did in perhaps a couple weeks.

Your CE does not matter. You received a statue (I hope Malgus comes back at some point) and some other collectables. Get over the rest.

Or start spending on packs. This is a different game than the one you bought, unfortunately for all of us. I still play because I like it enough.

Now if they came out and said it plainly that they will no longer support the vendor I would be ok with this. But since they decided to ninja back out of the deal... well some people won't get over it.

Besides that the vendor was pretty much ignored even before the game went f2p.

One reason sub #s are tanking is because Eaware is ignoring and shafting their subscribers and loyal customers. As long as they ignore the CE vendor this game will not improve.

1) Subs have not been tanking, but steadily increasing since CM launched.

2) If you unsub because they have neglected the CE vendor, I think maybe you need to think about your priorities.

3) I'd bet good money that CE gets stuff for the stronghold expansion.