4th Boss Karagga's Palace

So this is the G4-B3 droid and we got completely destroyed. He has 2 mil health on normal and we were only able to get him to 50% health. We were doing the puzzle quickly, but just couldn't seem to do much damage. His armor debuff was killer and trading off tanks didn't seem to help much.

I've seen a lot of different guides on how to do it and they all have a different solution but none of them worked for us. How did you all do it?

Thanks in advance for your input.

So this is the G4-B3 droid and we got completely destroyed. He has 2 mil health on normal and we were only able to get him to 50% health. We were doing the puzzle quickly, but just couldn't seem to do much damage. His armor debuff was killer and trading off tanks didn't seem to help much.

I've seen a lot of different guides on how to do it and they all have a different solution but none of them worked for us. How did you all do it?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I was just finishing my writeup for that fight, so you're in luck. You can find it here: http://swttor.blogspot.com/2012/01/swtor-pve-karaggas-palace-g4-b3-heavy.html

I know you said you've read guides and they didn't help but I'm not sure what else I can offer. If you're having trouble healing through the damage were you tanking him under the right igniter the whole time?

He stacks a damage buff, and in combination with the armor debuff the damage becomes almost unmanageable. Alternate igniters (right and left) - the left one removes the damage buff and the armor buff, so you can get some damage in, but removing his damage buff is the real reason to take him over there.

Also make sure you aren't swapping hate too fast, the armor debuff will fall off given enough time (as far as I know). So don't just repeatedly swap back and forth, wait till it falls off before the first tank pulls it back.

Also, make sure your DPS save their cooldowns for when you clear his shield.

My Inquis Healer was doing 1700-1900 damage which force lightning+recklessness each tic when his shield had just dropped, less than a minute later it was 600-800.

So it is REALLY important to load the damage on him as soon as you burn away the shield.

Also, make sure your DPS save their cooldowns for when you clear his shield.

My Inquis Healer was doing 1700-1900 damage which force lightning+recklessness each tic when his shield had just dropped, less than a minute later it was 600-800.

So it is REALLY important to load the damage on him as soon as you burn away the shield.

Yes, everyone must dps him with all they got immediately after he gets blasted with the fire. On normal we even did this with,

2 tanks

2 healers (one healer on upper middle platform so he could heal assassin)

4 dps (one assassin full-time on the puzzel)

The two tanks swapped at about 4 stacks when their debuffs wore off. The dps instantly switched to the stun droids when they popped, starting with the one next to where the tank had the boss, then split up killing the other two. The key is getting the most fire-blasts possible, and getting the most damage on him while he is vulnerable.

We also did it on Nightmare with:

1 Tank

2 Healers (merc, sorc)

5 Dps (Op, sniper, merc, mara, sin)

We started on the right, had the sin and merc up top and kited the boss from all the way right to all the way left. By the time the boss got to one side, the puzzle was solved and we were good. Rinse, repeat, profit.

Good luck, you will get it!