Ashara

Ignobull

I'm confused about why she is in my party, don't get me wrong I love my Scarlet Johansson companion, but

why is she not freaking out that she is following around a sith. I mean I killed her masters, and she is just like 'well looks like I can't hang out here anymore...' I'm currently running around Queesh murdering jedi's and she does not even say a thing. She is a massive traitor and seems to have no remorse, in fact she seems to feel nothing, my ship droid has more emotion then her. She is not darkside, but neither am I, but I still murder jedi and republic left and right and she says nothing. I find it hard to understand this, it is really bothersome. I know why Khlem follows me, the dude has no choice, I have no clue why Andy follows me other then he wants to hold my coat tails? But Ashara is just baffling that she would be in my party.

Edited by Ignobull

I'm not arguing to make her darkside, I questioning her joining in my party. I am after all myself light sided.

It does not make sense to me why she joined my party, not that I think she should be darkside as the thread you link suggests, I do not want her darkside, I want to know why she joined my party, why she left the republic behind, why she has any loyalty to me regardless of the faction war. With Andy he is on the imperial side, with Ashara she changed sides, and started following me around, I don't understand why.

Again this is not another turn Ashara dark thread, this is a why has she joined my party thread, why has she decided to kill jedi when she proclaims to be jedi, it is like a mouse joining cats to kill other mice, why has she done this, what loyalty does she have to me. I understand I am her master, I will teach her things, but to just jump sides like that, to without remorse start killing her fellow jedi I do not understand.

I understand that this would make sense if she went darkside, but I am not asking for that explination, I do not want it simply to be she joined you because she went darkside, I want to know why she as a jedi, joined me in killing other jedi.

She joined your party for 3 reason. (in my opinion, some may and will have others)

One she had nowhere else to go. She didn't think the republic would take her back, and self-preservation is a powerful motivator. Even though you are a Sith, Ashara isn't really a good Jedi, she is a grey Jedi at best.

Secondly she see you as freedom from her rather sheltered and repressive life. She wants to act and has never been allowed to. Now she can explore the galaxy and finally make good on her constant need for action over mediocrity.

Third and probably most importantly, she sees you as a chance at redemption. She hopes that by bringing you to the lightside and correcting your ways everything can go back to peachy cream again, on the flip side a part of her sees you as a path to power, which although she won't admit, is the path to the darkside.

In my opinion Ashara is one of the best written Companions in the entire game. She is complicated, and hard to predict. Simply giving her "+Companion points" replies in conversations are not always the best option. And occasionally taking a -2 hit can lead to a longer and more profitable discussion. The best part is that her story is clearly not over. Unlike many of the other companions her arc ends with unresolved ends, mainly your marriage, her ties to the Jedi, and whether or not she has fallen, or whether she could convert this mighty sith to a jedi.

You can bet that in expansions we will see more of Ashara and whatever road she/we follow us/her down.

Edited by Tovenar

What Tovenar said. Also most people assume that most aliens in this game are just humans with a different skin colour. However Ashara is a Togruta. Which is a race of carnivorous pack hunters. They have an extreme aversion to being alone. So when all is said and done she has 2 choices: stay alone on a planet infested with rakghouls (this is a rather unpleasant for a human but living hell for her kind) since neither the empire on the republic wants to have her back. Or she can join SI and his/her crew. So she panics and joins the SI.

Also she is not really a good jedi. She just clings to her jedi Heritage to serve as a moral compass. But after a while Ashara starts to agree with the sith code. In fact she becomes a sith , a kind and rational one but she is far more a sith then a jedi at the end of the story

Edited by Jaigen

Ashara is in my party, because I made her promise (several times) herself for me during the quest line when I acquired her as a companion. She accepted to become a Sith. I got a talented, young Jedi as an apprentice, a wild card of sorts (but then all my companions are that) and she has no other place to go (or at least she believes so). No going back to the Republic and the Jedi for her (although considering her character, she would probably be "redeemed" in a minute if some Jedi would just bother with the effort, but they don't) and I've made promises of power, of achieving her full potential and reforming the Empire with me.

The BW promised Palpatine-comparisons don't really carry far with SI, but Ashara really is a much more Light version of Anakin Skywalker.

YES! Finally a thread about Ashara that ISN'T full of whining just because she doesn't fit into an easily defined archetype! I agree with all that's been said above. I'm playing a DS Sorcerer and there have been several moments that have given me chills/flashbacks to all the Anakin/Palpatine scenes in the prequels. I'm looking forward to seeing where things go with her... Edited by Hraken

In my opinion Ashara is one of the best written Companions in the entire game.
Ashara made my Cthulhu character gain 3,000+ LS points. :o She has those big doe-eyes, the soft curved face and the perfect voice for her character. Now that I have Xalex, I'm back to my DS origins and using Ashara for Diplomacy to help me farm DS points (I love it! :jawa_evil:).

What does all this mean? I'm going to have to delete one of my other characters and create a LS SI. :csw_jabbapet: