Hard Mode Boarding Party Last Boss

Hi there.

We recently tried to do HM Boarding Party but found that no matter what combination we killed the dudes in, they'd always enrage way too soon and gib our party.

We tried killing them all together and that didn't work either.

So my question is, is our dps just too low? Our best attempt was kill Massey > Grenade guy (forgot his name) and the medic last, getting the medic to about 75% HP before he enraged and 1 shot me through defensive cooldowns and almost fully epic gear (mostly made up of battlemaster pvp pieces tbf).

Then when we spawned at the medical droid the dungeon said "Complete" and we werent able to enter to give it another try, (bug) but of course, we had no loot.

Anyone who's managed to do this care to shed some light on it?

in b4 l2p in b4 noobs in b4 trolls

Unless you're using some bizarre kiting strategy then there isn't much advice we can give you. If you're hitting the enrage timer you need to do more DPS. We do Massey>Commander>Medic and don't hit enrage.

Pretty much this. You need more DPS.

Masey > Medic > Commander.

We have our ranged dps and healer stand 30+ meters away from the Commander while in range to dps the medic, our tank focuses the medic and interrupts him while occasionally using some aoe ability to make sure he has aggro on the commander. Masey is focused down first and ignored by the tank, then dps switch to the Medic once Masey is dead.

If you're 30+ meters away from the Commander he doesn't grenade you, and he doesn't grenade the tank either.

First time we killed him the Commander enraged and we laughed at his pitiful damage.

Edited by InfiniteShift

Im honestly curious of people's group make-up for this, most specifically the ones completing it as well as what kind of gear you were wearing. (I don't need to know every piece for everybody Im just curious)

Cause we just tried this. With Jugg Tank, Jugg DPS, Merc DPS, Merc Healer......we killed every other boss in there with relative ease, then get to this and at best dropped massey but when it came time to get the medic it would enrage and we would die.

If you have decent dps, you can just ignore the medic entirely until Jorland is dead. Infact, having your tank interrupt Jorland's Full Auto dramatically reduces outgoing damage. We found this method to be the most consistent but I digress, you need good dps.

So my question is, is our dps just too low? Our best attempt was kill Massey > Grenade guy (forgot his name) and the medic last, getting the medic to about 75% HP before he enraged and 1 shot me through defensive cooldowns and almost fully epic gear (mostly made up of battlemaster pvp pieces tbf).

Couple friends and I have been hard pressed to get this particular FP right and we finally did after long extended break of three days.

It can essentially be any number of things as well as combinations. If you lack the DPS, that seems the most crucial. Odds are Jorland or Massey/Medic will enrage and you'll be finished. Interrupts are also very important since every heal the Medic fires off makes that much more HP you have to whack down.

Then when we spawned at the medical droid the dungeon said "Complete" and we werent able to enter to give it another try, (bug) but of course, we had no loot.

The general problem right now, which apparently the next patch they're changing, is that to die by this encounter ( as in team wipe ) you lose loot privileges. Which means all you get is that token for completion.

There's a major bug that if you kill Jorland and die to the medic - you complete it which of course treats you as if you completed the FP - since the dialog that follows after beating this encounter does the same. Not sure if they'll be fixing this anytime soon but it's likely that could still be an existing bug for sometime.

Anyone who's managed to do this care to shed some light on it?

Well, like I said I've been struggling to get this FP completed properly - the legit way. After a lot of struggling we finally got it right.

As MT I basically kept Jorland and the Medic busy while teammates killed Massey. Occasionally tossing an interrupt on the medic so he couldn't heal Massey. Teammates sit back far enough to avoid Jorland's annoying rocket pound. If your healer is any good, this shouldn't be too difficult. Once Massey goes down, everyone just focuses on the Medic and interrupts as much as you can.

We've gotten to the point where Jorland will be 30% from death and enrage. Where as before he'd be at 75%. Enrage isn't that big of a deal unless everybody is getting caught in the blast radius which draws unnecessary energy from the healer. This can cost you the encounter in worst-case scenarios. In truth Jorland's Enrage is actually fairly weak. He doesn't spam you too much with other attacks.

So as MT I'd basically trigger an Absorb and Alacrity Relic, along with Saber Ward, to survive as best I can while we burn him.

It's difficult but with the right gear and the know how, you'll burn em down.

Edited by tXHereticXt