augments

peterjohndevries

can anyone point me to how augments work now versus 1.2?

I rarely see armour with augment slots...is it ONLY crafted?

Can augment slots be ADDED into existing armour now and/or after 1.2?

Trying to figure out in my head how augments play into the endgame PvE and PvP gear process

can anyone point me to how augments work now versus 1.2?

I rarely see armour with augment slots...is it ONLY crafted?

Can augment slots be ADDED into existing armour now and/or after 1.2?

Trying to figure out in my head how augments play into the endgame PvE and PvP gear process

Augment slots can only be crafted with a critical while crafting the gear in question. In 1.2, you will be able to craft orange gear and if you critical, add an augment slot to the orange gear, making that gear probably the best in the game.

as of right now, only Slicing missions can give augments. in 1.2, Synthweaving, armstech and armormech will be able to craft them. each class crafting different ones. Slicing missions will be needed to get the materials needed to craft the augments.

its hard to find gear with crafted slots because it's just hard to make. in 1.2 these orange augment slot gear will probably sell for hundreds of thousands of credits.

hmmm. So you think the crit orange with augments will be better than the Rakata and war hero? Interesting? And I guess since the set bonuses will now move with the armor mod that becomes interesting!

I think I saw someone mention that it would be nice to have some epic random drops like a '+augment tool' that you could apply an augment slot

Correct. Technically any orange item will be completely equal in quality to any end game set piece because you will be able to remove all mods from the set piece, including set bonus, and place them into any orange piece for the same slot. If that orange piece happens to have an augment slot, you get an EXTRA mod of a single stat to put in, thus making it slightly better than the original Rakata or Champion piece.

We'll have to wait and see if BioWare is ACTUALLY fixing the clone effect.

We thought that we'd be able to get schematics by REing world-dropped orange armor and weapons, but they then clarified that orange gear will not be REable for schematics, but that some schematics matching such orange gear will drop from mission skills. Whether endgame appearances are diverse or not depends on what sort of variety we get.

its hard to find gear with crafted slots because it's just hard to make. in 1.2 these orange augment slot gear will probably sell for hundreds of thousands of credits.

It's currently hard to find *good* gear with crafted slots because it's rarish to make, and *good* gear requires expensive mats. It would be fairly trivial for me to churn out green lvl 19 augmentable gear, and that's the difficulty level/mat quality we're talking about for these orange items. The reason you *currently* don't see tons of low level augmentable stuff is because, quite frankly, it isn't worth it. You outlevel it too fast to pay more for maybe 6 points of a stat.

Orange gear (currently) requires super cheap mats. (I suspect all the people that think orange gear will be expensive are armstech/artifice, where the very few existing orange items on Live require several raid mats? It's not like that for armor on live or PTS, and it's not like that for the new orange weapons on PTS either.)

Edit: And incidentally, that's also why this probably won't fix the cloning effect, unless the new armors are as cheap to make as the lvl 19 sets. Most everybody will be running around in the cheapo mass produced lvl 19 stuff.

Edited by GnatB