Cybertech: Where are the Tanking Mods?

Anundir

I can't find any mods that are even remotely suitable for tanking on the Cybertech vendor. Searching on various database sites there are Schematics for tanking mods (More END than STR and +DEF/SHIELD Etc...) but I can't find them in game. The only mods on the Cybertech trainer are for DPS spec'd mods.

In fact the only mods I have seen setup for tanking are the ones that come from quest rewards and are in armor already. (These are the B versions of mods)

NOTE: This is level 33+ before that there is a mod called Guardian that is setup for tanking.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed this just seems retarded the only mods are dps ones. and the ''tanking'' mods before lvl 33 arent fully tanking ones either just just have more endurance than willpower. where are the mods with tanking secondary stats like absorb, shield, defence????....... seems like they forgot to add them in. Seems the only way to get said mods is through comendation rewards/pvp rewards.

If cybertech cant actually make the mods what is the point of the profession??

the issue is we dont have the choice, there are no craftable tanking mods....!! and I really could do with some more defensive stats even whilst grinding as I take a load of damage (as tank spec) and dont get a healer companion till almost lvl 40, bar the rubbish droid.

I agree there are no tanking mods for us tanks. I had to reverse engineer the aim/endurance ones in order to get a blue mod that had def. as one of the stats. So it seems the only way to get a tanking mod we would have to reverse engineer the mods with stats we want.

Tanking Mods come with Higher cycbertech I don't remember the exact number but I believe the level range was 30+ so maybe 250 ish in skill....if that helps any

I am on anchorhead if you need a hand and on Imperial side send me a message

Edited by Lamentari

well im lvl 34 and 297 cybertech and have yet to see a mod with tanking stats. For an example this mod:

Aptitude Mod 14A(green)

Binds on Equip

Mod (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

+10 Endurance

+18 Willpower

+3 Power

(Requires level 33)

into

Aptitude Mod 14A (blue)

Binds on Equip

Mod (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

+12 Endurance

+22 Willpower

+3 Power

and then improved again at the purple stage. The stats stay the same from the green stage to blue then too purple, just improved. Are you telling me you have RE'd mods like the above ones and gotten different secondary stats?? I call ******** on that... I'm pretty sure they havent been added in.

Anyways this is the torhead link for that level showing all the green mods that should be in the game at that lvl (33): http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/6/quality/3/reqlevel/33-33

As you can see there is a load of green mods with all sorts of stats but there doesnt seem a way to make them!!

Tanking Mods come with Higher cycbertech I don't remember the exact number but I believe the level range was 30+ so maybe 250 ish in skill....if that helps any

I am on anchorhead if you need a hand and on Imperial side send me a message

I have 400 Cybertech right now and there are no new magic recipes. Quest mods are far superior to anything I can make. Honestly, this profession is broken if you are any type of tank with the hopes of customizing your own orange armor.

I have 400 Cybertech right now and there are no new magic recipes. Quest mods are far superior to anything I can make. Honestly, this profession is broken if you are any type of tank with the hopes of customizing your own orange armor.

Yup, my cybertech is only 300 but this is my experience as well, its a total joke! I even made a really long and well written ticket about it and got an automated responce. I hope it gets read by someone. Anyone thats annoyed by this issue should make an ingame ticket and maybe it will get sorted.

This is what I am talking about. These mods are FAR SUPERIOR to anything I can make as a 400 Cybertech and they are a quest reward. Would be nice to see these recipes in game for Cybertechs. Would rather not have wasted this time finishing the tradeskill so I can make grenades and speeder bikes for myself...

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/QuestMods.jpg

Normally I stay off forums as a rule but this thread interested me. First I will say one thing Quest mods will always be easier to get than crafting them. Now as to superiority that I have some concerns with since I can read torhead and the other databases just fine and see equal or better mods at the same lvl as the screenshot above.

A few questions.

You say that the databases have been combed for Schematics but no one seems to have them yet right? Well its is only a little over a week since the head start launched.

Second Reverse engineering is very random, you might get a schematic on the first try or the 50th or 100th. So have you checked the sticky in the Craft skills form describing the different paths of Reverse engineering? It could be you just need to attempt more RE and deal with the RNG of pain.

At least you have a mechanic that will eventually provide a result and does return some of the materials used. Try AION manastone socketing or enchanting for real RNG pain. I bled millions in that game attempting stuff that pretty much is mandatory at higher lvls.

Normally I stay off forums as a rule but this thread interested me. First I will say one thing Quest mods will always be easier to get than crafting them. Now as to superiority that I have some concerns with since I can read torhead and the other databases just fine and see equal or better mods at the same lvl as the screenshot above.

A few questions.

You say that the databases have been combed for Schematics but no one seems to have them yet right? Well its is only a little over a week since the head start launched.

Second Reverse engineering is very random, you might get a schematic on the first try or the 50th or 100th. So have you checked the sticky in the Craft skills form describing the different paths of Reverse engineering? It could be you just need to attempt more RE and deal with the RNG of pain.

At least you have a mechanic that will eventually provide a result and does return some of the materials used. Try AION manastone socketing or enchanting for real RNG pain. I bled millions in that game attempting stuff that pretty much is mandatory at higher lvls.

I have plenty of blue mod recipes that have been RE'd from the green versions I have crafted. The problem is the blue recipes only boost the stats on the green versions they dont actually add stats like other items do.

The ONLY type of mods I can make are dps ones. Using my class as an example, sith assassin: Upto lvl 33 They are just your standard dps mods ie. Willpower and endurance. Then from 33 onwards it changes to Willpower/endurance and power or crit. These are the only green recipes we have access too from the cybertech vendor. REíng them just boosts there current stats by a little bit, nothing more. Also other secondary stats missing are Aclarity, Accuracy and Surge along with the defense ones. Artifice can make enhancements with all the secondary stats fairly early.

So basically I'm not going to use my profession at all to make my tanking mods as they have been left out of the game for crafters, thus I have to get it all from quests/badges/pvp. This clearly can't be as intended??

Also if you check torhead there is an absolute tonne of mod recipes that must have been datamined that show all the different stats that SHOULD be available and from low lvl onwards.

Ive only just been able to get access to the armorings with higher endurance than willpower as well from the cybertech trainer. Before that I could only craft Resolve armoring (higher willpower than endurance) and had to get the force wielder armoring (higher endurance than willpower) from mod vendors. Those ones become available from the cybertech vendor around lvl30ish, not in game atm to check the exact level.

It just seems to me something went wrong and ALOT of the recipes were removed from the cybertech vendor (accident or on purpose i dont know!!) and i'm trying to get some clarification on this issue because as it stands Cybertech is utterly broken.

Another issue is Grenades can't be REéd even though it says they can (ie. says this item can be reverse engineered) but when you click RE the grenades are still greyed.

Also ive spoken to a lot of people with Cybertech, 300+ (many at 400) and not 1 has got the mods I spoke about that are missing. It cant be THAT hard to get even 1 mod with those stats...... Something is broken and i'm hoping a GM/CSR highlights/ackowledges the issue so I atleast know where I stand.

I did make a ticket and just got the standard automated reply.

Ok, this may be rather long so appologize in advance. It would appear that there were multiple people working on the Cybertech recipies with no clear vision of the big picture. Either that or there are a lot of recipes that were just never made available to the players.

Here is a screenshot of my current learned recipes and the ones on the trainer at level 400. I am currently a 400 Cybertech and did not buy and of these recipes as they are useless to me. I am using all quest rewards in my current tanking gear.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/TrainervsTrained.jpg

Screenshot of all the level 49 recipes. As you can see these are all useless to a tank.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/Level49Mods.jpg

Screenshot of the Tanking mods I am currently using. These all came either from FP drops, PVP gear or as quest rewards. I decided to go with Cybertech as I thought it would give me more flexability in what I wear and how I stat that gear out. Not being able to make below mods is really putting a dampner on my plans...

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/QuestMods1.jpg

Up until level 31 I was purchasing the below mods off the commendation vendors. After 31 all of the recipes for Cybertech Mods changed and the Guardian mod was no longer offered on the commendation vendors.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/Level31commendationmods.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the level 38 vs 43 tanking earrings. Notice the name changes yet again and the stats drop. I actually prefer the level 38 earring over the 43 one as it gives 21 more DEF.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/38vs43earring.jpg

Finally this is a screenshot of the level 43 crafted earring vs the PvP level 40 earring you can buy with PvP tokens. The PvP earring has more DEF and END than the blue crafted one.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/pvpvscrafted-1.jpg

Below screenshot is one of the reasons I took up Cybertech as my chosen profession. It was supposed to give me the flexability to help make my character be able to wear any heavy armor that I wanted. How many Jedi Guardians do you see running around in trooper armor? :) What really happened though is as I bought this armor I realized that I had to strip old armor and PVP Orange armor to outfit trooper armor with the correct mods for tanking. Because I couldn't make any of the tanking mods that NPCs give out for quest rewards and that drop in gear.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Xantrik/MenionTrooper.jpg

In closing something is seriously borked with this profession. I can buy blue Guardian armor plates off the commendation vendor all the way through my leveling career. So, why would I ever buy one from a Cybertech? The recipe name changes throughout the leveling of this profession make it very confusing to the player to understand the DEVs plan if there is one for this profession.

Many of us chose this profession as we wanted to be able to customize Orange gear and be able to wear what we wanted. As it stands now I can make blue armor plates that I can buy off a commendation vendor and that's it for my tanking gear. I am still reliant on buying PVP gear and stripping the mods or getting FP drops and stripping Guardian armor to place the mods into my Orange set.

Someone needs to take a serious look at this profession and overhaul the recipes or give us the B version schematics so that we can make all of the mods we are supposed to be able to make.

Edited by Anundir

Forgive my ignorance, but can't you perhaps buy some tanking mods from vendors, or planetary commendation vendors, or quests, or removing the mods off dropped loot, then reverse engineer those until you get a recipe? My cybertech is pretty low still, but I believe I have gotten recipes just from lowbie rewards that I had no use for and just RE'd them.

well im lvl 34 and 297 cybertech and have yet to see a mod with tanking stats. For an example this mod:

Aptitude Mod 14A(green)

Binds on Equip

Mod (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

+10 Endurance

+18 Willpower

+3 Power

(Requires level 33)

into

Aptitude Mod 14A (blue)

Binds on Equip

Mod (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

+12 Endurance

+22 Willpower

+3 Power

and then improved again at the purple stage. The stats stay the same from the green stage to blue then too purple, just improved. Are you telling me you have RE'd mods like the above ones and gotten different secondary stats?? I call ******** on that... I'm pretty sure they havent been added in.

Anyways this is the torhead link for that level showing all the green mods that should be in the game at that lvl (33): http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/6/quality/3/reqlevel/33-33

As you can see there is a load of green mods with all sorts of stats but there doesnt seem a way to make them!!

For a start, you're trying to get a tanking mod out of a mod thats primarily used by healers or DPS. I am aware that Jedi Shadows can off-tank but you wont be able to get a tanking version from that mod.

Try reverse engineering one of the +str +end mods or one of the +aim +end. You will probably have better results.

For a start, you're trying to get a tanking mod out of a mod thats primarily used by healers or DPS. I am aware that Jedi Shadows can off-tank but you wont be able to get a tanking version from that mod.

Try reverse engineering one of the +str +end mods or one of the +aim +end. You will probably have better results.

errr...shadow is definitely a super viable main tank spec, and to ignore statted gear/mods for them would be a mistake. If that is the case then there are going to be a lot of angry/rerolling shadows.

In my eyes, something that wears light armour will never be a viable tank spec against something like the Knight or the Vanguard.

Sure, it maybe be able to off-tank a little. But a main tank for end-game operations is always going to be a knight or vanguard.

Edited by azzerr

In my eyes, something that wears light armour will never be a viable tank spec against something like the Knight or the Vanguard.

Sure, it maybe be able to off-tank a little. But a main tank for end-game operations is always going to be a knight or vanguard.

Except in my tanking stance I get the same mitigation/armor that they do, so your point is....what?

Edited by Korialstrazs

Do your research, don't live in ignorance.

Shadow Tank stance.

------

Back OT though, I just crested 225 Cybertech and have been finding the exact same issue as the posters. I've also RE'd mass quantities (30+ I can think of in the last weekend alone) of Guardian mods bought from commendations hoping to get a recipe even for a low level one. This doesn't appear to work, or at least, isn't the way to get Guardian mods for Cybertech.

I'm not going to even think of changing though. As a Juggernaut the profession allows me access to more AoE damage and CC options, which i'm lacking. I'll live with that, the cool rides, and the fact I can't keep ship upgrades on the GTN because I can't make them faster than they sell.