Trolls and BW ruining PvP

P-Chan

I realize all the trolls will come to this post, and frankly, I dont care. With the release of 1.6 I was really looking forward to PvP again. I believed (wrongly) that people would start on a relatively equal basis with the release of the patch. I thought (wrongly) that BW would have learned from games like WoW, that when you release a patch that has new PvP gear, you make it so that gear is not instantly obtainable. (i.e. Downrank the current "ranked comms" and make them all basic) This would make it so that every ******* who has done nothing but horde comms since the maxxed out their gear wont be able to buy a good portion of the new gear when its released, thus ensuring everyone starts on a relatively level playing field. But alas, I was wrong. BW did not do this, and its IMO a great wrong to players.

When I mentioned this in general, as usual, it started an argument (which wasnt my original intent). On one side were players who also felt this was wrong, on the other, the *******s that had horded all the comms and didnt even listen to what I had said, but felt they should "defend" themselves anyway. Calling hording a "strategy". This isnt a strategy, Im sorry, this is an exploitation. and for those players who didnt have the Luxury of maxxing out all our comms, it starts us off at a serious disadvantage. This will lead to even MORE fusteration among players who refuse to be nothing more them farm animals for the elite jerks out there that love to faceroll the solo ques filled with lower geared (and lower skilled) players. This is cause more people to give up on PvP, and eventually, cause PvP to be filled with nothing but the elitist jerks out there, or for it to collapse. I know some PvPers out there think that it would be just FINE by them if all that was in PvP were the elite, and that all us other players do is ruin PvP. But a game shouldnt be designed for the 5% at the top, it should be designed for the 95% at the bottom, with considerations for the 5% at the top. And if BW stays on this path, and the 5% are all that are left in PvP... Have fun with your 20-60 minute queues.

On one side were players who also felt this was wrong, on the other, the *******s that had horded all the comms and didnt even listen to what I had said, but felt they should "defend" themselves anyway

Classic argument. Your side feels it's wrong, the other side is a bunch of whatever word the asterisks are supposed to signify.

Anyhoo. You knew what was happening weeks ago when 1.6 hit PTS and had plenty of time to prepare. Not to mention, the gear difference between WH and EWH is so minimal it's comical. Working as intended.

Missed all the threads where people complained about gear gaps and grinds... huh?

And did you call maxing coms pre-patch an "exploit"?

Seriously.... where do you people come from?

No, I read them, and felt this didnt fit in with them.

As for where I come from... Ive played various MMOs for years, and most of them learned early on that you dont let people stockpile, in this case Ranked Comms, when you release the new gear in a patch. Even WoW, which is Notorious for favoring the 5%, has figured out you make all, in their case, Conquest into Honor points. This ensures that A) New players and B) Returning players arent ****ed in the *** because they didnt have the opportunity to max out their Ranked Comms. Now maxing out normal comms, that I can see, considering if you maxed out your ranked in the previous "season" you probably HAVE all the gear these guys are trying to obtain. Making it STILL faster for you to get the top level gear then it will be them. So I dont see the problem in just Downgrading the ranked comms to Regular.

/sob violin music

Dear Mr. Chan,

If you feel the need to post on here that people are trolls and cheating (sorry "exploiting"), and ruining the game, please feel free to check out the PTS forums, and utilize great people like Dulfy to understand some of the changes in upcoming patches. They contain great info on what the next set of "rules" will be and enable players to..., quite frankly, L2P.

Also please check the definition of elitism, and maybe you will understand that this is not the case because there is ONE HUGE characteristic of elitism that is not present in this game. If you need assistance with an analysis of that, let me know.

Regards,

L-Randle

/end sob violin music

why would they penalize plays who put in the time and effort to get their gear and minmax it out? answer me that. it is an uneven playing field cause either: A: you suck, I PvP in the 50 ques for fun with almost no expertise and in PvE gear and usualy top the games (on alts. my main is in full war hero blah blah blah) PvP is not hard you just need the experience to know how they play.

or B: cause you wanna wine and complain on how uneven it is but dont want to put in the effort to acquire the gear like the people who are facerolling your fail-*** did.

so options= learn how to PvP or put in the effort like everyone else.

If you maxed out your comms, you can get a whopping 3 EWH items at most.

3!! And they are not even 3 "main" set pieces. They are off-pieces.

<sarcasm>

That is so game breaking and unfair, considering how much of a difference there is between WH and EWH gear.

</sarcasm>

Really, it is a very minor and very small, almost negligible difference.

Edited by jgoldsack

Mr. Chan,

So what do you expect me to do? Stop playing because you don't like what I'm doing?Or because the 95% of the bottom is basicly doing a lot of other stuff and I need to be punished for that? Bacause you want to play your game your way, walking around and doing a lot of things with many chars and not playing so much PVP and then expecting people who pvp a lot to just sit around and wait for you to gear up?

That's expecting too much from other people and expecting they will play the same like you.

This thread has to be renamed to P-Chan has too high expectations.

Yanno Bioware created this monster - they have only themselves to blame.

Somewhere they had this idea that they could satisfy the "casual" gamer and make the game the same for them, as it is for people who can/are willing/are able/want to put in more time.

No game design - NONE will ever make your 10 hours of gameplay a week equivalent to someone who plays hours and hours and hours weekly.

And no game design will ever make a so so player - a great one.

And no game design will make the top 5% -- play the same as the bottom 5%.

Nor should it.

Again - I attribute this incredibly irritating attitude to the last 25 years or so of schools giving every kid a trophy, a ribbon, a prize. Telling every kid they are "the best" and "the greatest". Well - buck it up - not every kid is the best. There's always someone better than you are. There always will be someone better than you are. Who has more time to play than you do. And it isn't the devs job to make things "equal" for you - it's your job to grow up and accept this fact.

Edited by Seena

No, I read them, and felt this didnt fit in with them.

As for where I come from... Ive played various MMOs for years, and most of them learned early on that you dont let people stockpile, in this case Ranked Comms, when you release the new gear in a patch. Even WoW, which is Notorious for favoring the 5%, has figured out you make all, in their case, Conquest into Honor points. This ensures that A) New players and B) Returning players arent ****ed in the *** because they didnt have the opportunity to max out their Ranked Comms. Now maxing out normal comms, that I can see, considering if you maxed out your ranked in the previous "season" you probably HAVE all the gear these guys are trying to obtain. Making it STILL faster for you to get the top level gear then it will be them. So I dont see the problem in just Downgrading the ranked comms to Regular.

I fail to see the problem still. Why not just continue to play and eventually one will end up with the FULL WH set anyway. The grind to close the gear gap at least , in this patch won't be as long and hard pre 1.6. Ofcourse the new players will have to do some farming of comms...

This isn't game breaking.

If you maxed out your comms, you can get a whopping 3 EWH items at most.

3!! And they are not even 3 "main" set pieces. They are off-pieces.

<sarcasm>

That is so game breaking and unfair, considering how much of a difference there is between WH and EWH gear.

</sarcasm>

Really, it is a very minor and very small, almost negligible difference.

Bought 2 EWH Relics of Boundless Ages, only item with an increase of 3 Expertise over the WH Relics, and Gloves that ate up my 4500 Ranked Comms quickly.