Tank role in FPs

My main toon is a vigilance guardian (damage role). In group finder, my role is set to Damage (not Damage, Tank), yet each time a FP queue pops, I am given the tank role. This seems counter intuitive, and I should probably file a ticket on this but thought I'd post here if others have experienced this and maybe it has a simple easily overlooked solution? It's not a problem to tank as a DPS guardian in a vet FP but if I wanted to do more difficult stuff it feels strange to be forced into a role you didn't sign up for.

EDIT: Here's a link to a screen shot of the group window https://ibb.co/JK23FP8

Edited by pellejedi

My main toon is a vigilance guardian (damage role). In group finder, my role is set to Damage (not Damage, Tank), yet each time a FP queue pops, I am given the tank role. This seems counter intuitive, and I should probably file a ticket on this but thought I'd post here if others have experienced this and maybe it has a simple easily overlooked solution? It's not a problem to tank as a DPS guardian in a vet FP but if I wanted to do more difficult stuff it feels strange to be forced into a role you didn't sign up for.

Vet FPs are non-trinity(1), so you aren't really there as a tank.

(1) Back in the day, normal-mode FPs *were* trinity-mode(2), but then Kuat Drive Yards introduced the concept of a "Tactical" FP, where trinity roles were dropped in favour of faster pops. At some point (I believe the release of 4.0, but if not it was 5.0), they made all normal-mode FPs into tactical mode.

(2) Drums, bass and two guitars, obviously. ... Joking aside, I realy mean tank, heal, two DPS. That trinity.

Yup as it was said the Tank icon you see in your screenshot is the role that is missing in order for that operation to pop! On the right side you even see the missing role special reward so if you que as that role you will get more rewards.

Tactical FPS dont need a tank so there is no "Role-in-Need" there. So everything is fine.

Vet FPs are non-trinity(1), so you aren't really there as a tank.

(1) Back in the day, normal-mode FPs *were* trinity-mode(2), but then Kuat Drive Yards introduced the concept of a "Tactical" FP, where trinity roles were dropped in favour of faster pops. At some point (I believe the release of 4.0, but if not it was 5.0), they made all normal-mode FPs into tactical mode.

I think what you are saying is, your chosen role is not used in Veteran FPs, instead your assigned role is random? Each time I queue for a Veteran FP and the window pops saying its ready always says I am assigned the tank role.