Healing the Hammer

Ok so I am playing a lvl 17 Sage Seer spec and have just finished healing Hammer station.

I was in group with 2 Commando's (who thankfully healed and avoided all AoE's) and we used Qyzen to tank the last boss.

Obviously Qyzen is probably not the greatest tank ever and since I am only 17 I dont have Noble Sacrifice or Rejuvenate to help my healing per force.

So I was just wondering if anyone else also had force problems on the last boss?

Don't worry too much about running out of force and such at your current level. You get abilities and talents that help with that later. Once you get the Force Armor ability it becomes easier to heal as the Armor soaks up a nice amount of damage and can be recast on someone every 20seconds. Edited by Ardwan

At my current level with the untalented Force Armor it takes 65 force and my big heal only takes 55. I (rightly or wrongly) went straight into Seer so didnt pick up the 9% cost reduction or the extra 100 force talents. The plan was to get up the Seer tree as quickly as possible so I could get the talents to proc lower cost of heal / free Noble Sacrifice.

I do not plan to base Sage healing on my currentl level and apologies if my thread sounded like a complaint. I was really just curious if everyone was having the same issues ^^

I appreciate your reply though :)

Don't worry it didn't. :)

I would strongly consider putting your next 5 points into the two telekinetics skills that you mentioned to reduce force cost and increase your total by 100.

I will do that. Thank you for the advice

Your group was just weak in terms of a setup... If you're talking last boss, you need someone on adds and you need him turned from everyone but tank... and you don't even need a tank, as a lvl 16 melee will do.

That instance can be done with 3 dps and 1 healer. Get your strongest melee to get attention and turn him in one corner. Take if your rest are ranged, then have 1 far from him on the opposite side (or another melee behind him, but chill on aggro), then you stay in mid with another caster, dodging the mind fields while the 3rd dps grabs the adds and keeps them off you. Also helps to have 1 dps with backup heals so you can heal heavy and they can just keep you good if adds hop on you. Then its just heal light, heal heavy as needed, and stay fairly mobile but keeping a good setup. If 3 people get hit with his long aoe cone dmg, you will go oom fast... if only 1 takes it, it's easy mode.

You're heals will get better, don't worry. Just keep healing and get the mechanics down as you level, and you'll have no issues in endgame.

I just completed the Hammer as a level 18 sage healer.

Everything went ok but the last boss oomed me so damn quickly.

I had 2 guardians, although I have a feeling they specced dps and a smuggler with me.

Took us like 6 tries but we got him. But yeah, I really had the feeling I was undergeared or something. Perhaps I shouldn't have gone straight into the healing tree aswell.

I just completed the Hammer as a level 18 sage healer.

Everything went ok but the last boss oomed me so damn quickly.

I had 2 guardians, although I have a feeling they specced dps and a smuggler with me.

Took us like 6 tries but we got him. But yeah, I really had the feeling I was undergeared or something. Perhaps I shouldn't have gone straight into the healing tree aswell.

After watching a few videos of the fight it seems as though even the tank can avoid the bulk of the cone aoe also. So I guess since I used Qyzen as tank he was constantly eating the entire thing.

It does seem that initially at least, the class struggles in the longer fights. I guess also a large part of this problem is Tanks at this level also have little to no mitigation. So they end up needing a lot more healing than at end game (pure speculation!).

Anyhow grats on the kill :). All that work and he dropped an Autocannon and a Trooper hat for me ^^

I didn't have any problems on my Combat Medic. Our tank was level 14, and really didn't tank much at all. We wiped the first time because of bad pulling.

Getting people to stay out of the cone AoE and the mines are the main things. If you can do that, he doesn't hit particularly hard. I find it only gets hairy at the end, when he spawns a lot of mines and the adds start to get overwhelming.

I am a level 17 Bounty Hunter healer, and I am able to do this dungeon with three people and a companion. Once you figure out the strategies and use CC, this dungeon is cake. We had a tank, a dps, a healer and a companion dps. Like i said, once we learned the fights we destroyed this place, and we are all level 15-17.

Oh, and our tank is my 11 year old son........

You just need compitent players.

Edited by BoShekk

I am a level 17 Bounty Hunter healer, and I am able to do this dungeon with three people and a companion. Once you figure out the strategies and use CC, this dungeon is cake. We had a tank, a dps, a healer and a companion dps. Like i said, once we learned the fights we destroyed this place, and we are all level 15-17.

Oh, and our tank is my 11 year old son........

You just need compitent players.

Well, to be fair, the "tank" for the OP was a companion.

OP: Using a tank companion is going to be harder than any human, because they never move out of stuff, they never reorient the boss, and they don't have any cooldowns to make it easier on the healer.

Also, those first five in additional force and force reduction talents are pretty much mandatory for any build.

That flashpoint is duoable with companions starting at level 17ish. 18-19 if you don't have a human healer I would guess, though I never tried.

The trick is really to have people/companion on the adds at all time, and just slowly take down the boss. By the end the adds may come too fast depending on your setup, so you just ignore them and burst the boss down.

Its pretty trivial honestly, but I've had issues where some players were worse than companions (thus why i started duoing it). If people are not avoiding stuff, aren't dealing with adds properly, etc, you're better off kicking them out and bringing out an extra companion.

Also, at that level, armor rating aside, tanks are really not "tanks", but just "damage dealers that take a bit less healing". The difference between someone with 1000 armor and 2000 armor is 10%~ mitigation, nevermind at lower ratings where the difference is smaller. So you're better off having a beefy damage dealer then a dedicated tank, but people are having issues getting out of the mindset of other MMOs.

Heck, if you have a biochem on your team with a lot of purple buffs/med, its probably doable without a healer at all (and arguably easier if the group is DPS heavy)

Edited by PhoenixMatrix

i did this last night had we needed 4 tries to get him because either i ran outo of force or had to canccel my heals to avoid the mines, which both led to a dead tank or a dead healer :rolleyes:

but i think this 1 is just a hard boss (i like that :)) a few more tries and it will be better

lokking forward to Athiss tonight :D

i did this last night had we needed 4 tries to get him because either i ran outo of force or had to canccel my heals to avoid the mines, which both led to a dead tank or a dead healer :rolleyes:

but i think this 1 is just a hard boss (i like that :)) a few more tries and it will be better

lokking forward to Athiss tonight :D

Yeah I think it is just a little bit of a mechanics check for players who are used to standing still and melting faces. Both Tank and DPS need to be ready to move out of stuff pretty quickly.

I had a 3 Sentinel group and it was.... Interesting. All 3 of them eating the full duration of his cone aoe had me out of force pretty early in the fight :p

Edited by Nakemi