Jedi Sentinel Crew Skills

KiraHalcyon

Thought I'd get an opinion on my planned Crew Skill choices for my Main, a Jedi Sentinel, before I get started. I don't have my Early Access Invite yet, but hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. :)

I plan on getting Slicing, Archaeology, and Artifice. Archaeology and Artifice are to make him somewhat self-sufficient when it comes to Lightsaber Mods, while Slicing goes with the Companion Character of T7-01. I think that T7 should be able to hack into Imperial Datanets and Battlenets without any problem at all, and Slicing fits with that idea. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd see how useful such a combination of Crew Skills would be to a Jedi Sentinel. :D:cool:

Heya!

Slicing is a great skill and can net a lot of money however if you are taking Artifice then you will want to take Treasure Hunting as you can get gemstones that are needed through that skill. However, you can get some mats through Archeology as well. Depends on how quickly you want to level your ability. :)

Cheers!

~R~

Heya!

Slicing is a great skill and can net a lot of money however if you are taking Artifice then you will want to take Treasure Hunting as you can get gemstones that are needed through that skill. However, you can get some mats through Archeology as well. Depends on how quickly you want to level your ability. :)

Cheers!

~R~

I see. :)

So, which Skill provides the more vital components for Artifice? Treasure Hunting or Archaeology? I want to level it at a pace such that my Sentinel always has the best Lightsaber Modification Items for his level, so not too fast and yet not too slow, and I'm going to get Slicing no matter what. :D:cool:

id recommend both Treasure Hunting and Archeology for maximum leveling speed and ease of procurement for Artifice.

Ah.

So, for maximum self-sufficiency as a Jedi Sentinel, I should do Archaeology, Artifice, and Treasure Hunting?

I still want Slicing, though, to go with T7. This means I need to make a choice between Archaeology and Treasure Hunting and I don't know which one is more beneficial to Artifice. :(

Edited by KiraHalcyon

Well, I made a minor change to my plans.

I'm still going to get Slicing and Artifice, but I decided to go for Treasure Hunting rather than Archaeology.

To be honest, it also makes more sense in terms of the feel I'm trying to create for my character. He's a Warrior, which means he doesn't go digging around for ancient history. He's also a bit of an Adrenaline Junkie, and Treasure Hunting would definitely fit that better than Archaeology. :D

So, Slicing, Artifice, and Treasure Hunting. That should make me one self-sufficient Sentinel, right? :cool:

Bro just get Archeology, Artifice and treasure hunting. Buy the stuff for your droid. Seriously, remember you will always be able to BUY stuff. So make your Jedi self sufficient and save all your credits to upgrade your bot. I'm going to be a jedi that will be a self-sufficient biochemist, Why? Because i will make so much credit selling healing "potions" that ill be able to buy my sabers, etc and then some. You see if you make armor, it is not perishable so there might not be as much a need later on. But people will always need heal "potions" and they will use them up and need to buy more which = $Caching$ money in my pocket.

I'm still going to get Slicing and Artifice, but I decided to go for Treasure Hunting rather than Archaeology.

To be honest, it also makes more sense in terms of the feel I'm trying to create for my character. He's a Warrior, which means he doesn't go digging around for ancient history. He's also a bit of an Adrenaline Junkie, and Treasure Hunting would definitely fit that better than Archaeology. :D

So, Slicing, Artifice, and Treasure Hunting. That should make me one self-sufficient Sentinel, right? :cool:

No. Without Archaeology, you can not make any of the base recipes unless you buy your mats. Hardly self-sufficient.

imo, take archaelogy and just buy the rare mats from Treasure hunting when you need them for specific items.

Bro just get Archeology, Artifice and treasure hunting. Buy the stuff for your droid. Seriously, remember you will always be able to BUY stuff. So make your Jedi self sufficient and save all your credits to upgrade your bot. I'm going to be a jedi that will be a self-sufficient biochemist, Why? Because i will make so much credit selling healing "potions" that ill be able to buy my sabers, etc and then some. You see if you make armor, it is not perishable so there might not be as much a need later on. But people will always need heal "potions" and they will use them up and need to buy more which = $Caching$ money in my pocket.

When I say Slicing goes with T7, it's not because it gets me stuff for him.

It's more of a feel kind of thing--It just seems to me like the Slicing Crew Skill seems like it fits T7. :D

In any MMO, I try to balance Crafting/Gathering Skills between utility (self-sufficiency) and feel. And Artifice, Slicing, and Treasure Hunting are a pretty decent blend in that regard for my Jedi Sentinel Main Character when you count T7 in the mix. :D:cool:

Edited by KiraHalcyon

Hmm... Seems like people are saying I should go with Archaeology instead of Treasure Hunting.

I guess that works.

I am planning on making a Smuggler with Treasure Hunting, anyway. So, as long as the Mail System lets you transfer items between characters on your account, I should still be able to avoid needing the Auction House for my Lightsaber Mods. :cool:

And I think I can make it fit into the feel aspect, as well--I have it in my character's Bio that one of his Companion Characters (his love interest, to be precise) is a Jedi Sage, and I think I can make Archaeology fit into her personality, somehow. :D:cool:

Edited by KiraHalcyon

If you go Artificing, you MUST go archaeology. That is the gathering skill to support it.

Now, treasure hunting is the other associated skill, but it only provides mats for blue crafted items. If you don't care about making blues, you can skip treasure hunting and take up slicing, the the idea to switch back when you hit 50.

Edit: Also, do not spend any money on the mission part of Archaeology. It is a huge sink and you can enough crystals if you just grab every node you see.

You will need to dump money in treasure hunting but it isn't nearly as expensive.

Edited by Degini