Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware. :mad:

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.

all events have been PvE focused so far. Why shouldn't PvPers get an event that caters more toward them? I'm mainly a PvEer and I'm excited for this event.

To the contrary, it looks like you can get everything you need from just the PVE quests. They list all rewards as being obtained through reputation, except for the weapons. And the weapons are listed as being obtained through missions and killing the ops boss.

But actually knowing what you're talking about is never necessary for complaining.

This sounds like a really great event. I love that it will be coming back, so that even those who can't attend this time can get another chance. It also gives another chance if you can't manage to get everything on this go-around.

I agree with others, why should everything cater exclusively to the PvE crowd. Besides, this was always part of a redesigned ilum pvp area. So no real surprises there that this has a strong element of PvP.

Being primarily a PvE player, I still enjoyed the element of PvP from Rakghoul event and will give this event a fair chance - since I enjoyed the aforementioned event with surprising enthusiasm!

Okay , im stoked now.

Same!!! I was honestly a bit worried my characters wouldn't be leveled up to 50 quick enough, but I could definitely make a level 45 by the weekend!

Also thanks for making this event recurring! I'll be able to let my lower level toon play it too someday.

I hope the rewards will be great!!

:D:jawa_biggrin:

It sounds like those who have been begging for a year for some form of open world PvP will get that, and those who want to grind rep without doing any PvP will be able to do that. The dev blog points out that only the Southern Shelf missions are tagged [PvP], implying that there are other missions that require no PvP at all. But if you do take the PvP ones, then apparently you'll have slightly easier PvE objectives you can complete while in the Southern Shelf area. From how they've described it, I can't see any reason for PvE-only players to feel left out, and the PvP players will finally get something they can do other than wait for queues to pop. Edited by Heezdedjim

Oh boy, i was hoping i'd get my Assassin to 50 by the time the event goes up but...

11:44 PM.

I have around 11 hours to get from 47 to 50.

Rested XP, set to maximum.

/push it to the limit.mp3

if your 47 have a buddy help you do the belsavis and ilum dailies ( yes you can do the ilum dailies with out being 50) and that will spring you to 50 easy

I am very excited about this event and am looking forward to February 12. However, to my knowledge, I have not seen this on the PTS, and can only hope this update will not come numerous bugs. I really hope this update has been tested somewhere, and will bring back ilum to everyone. However, with the current engine in place, we all remember ilum back in the day. It didn't matter what computer you were running, you would still lag hard with 20+ people together. I really hope this problem has been fixed, or else world PvP will remain forever dead in swtor.

However, with the current engine in place, we all remember ilum back in the day. It didn't matter what computer you were running, you would still lag hard with 20+ people together. I really hope this problem has been fixed, or else world PvP will remain forever dead in swtor.

Have you been on fleet recently? If anything lag is worse by a mile than it was back then. It sounds like a fun event, but the Mighty Hero Engine shall show no mercy.

Edited by Heezdedjim

not really, there are PvP missions and PvE missions and they said that they will mark what missions will have PvP in them

I wish the rewards were not linked to the reputation system. Or atleast I hope that you can max your reputation without having to play the event every day.

Also the weapon component tokens things seems lame. I don't want to have to form an operations group or kill a raid boss to get the weapons I want. Hopefully you can earn them without having to group up as well. Should be fun though although if it is as good as it sounds it will be a shame that after 2 weeks that once the event is over world pvp dies again.

Someone clarify this a bit for me.

The Gree are in the contested area. However, only the southern bowl will auto-flag.

Now, I've never been in this area, so I do not know what this implies. Does that mean going to the Western Shelf will not auto-flag if I wanted to just do the PvE quests (at least, I think those are PvE quests), but going to the southern bowl will auto-flag, is a PvP area, but you do not have PvP goals (i.e. killing other players), but are fighting for resources against everyone?

Edited by irishfino

So, wait...in a story of grey color scheme, an old exploration vessel that has jumped through star systems and traveled for so long that it has forgotten its original purpose and is unrecognizable/misunderstood to its creators, shows up and starts poking things and observing the results, and now its creators are trying to figure out what to do about it and the dangers it may carry?

So patch 1.7 is V'ger's return?

(Don't let the colorful poster fool you, that movie was grey, grey, grey. Though secants were not prominently featured.)

This is going to be awesome. I only PVE but who cares. Also, it cleary says in the blog that if you stay north you will not be flagged for PVP, so as long as you're on a PVE server then you're not being forced to PVP if you don't want to. Besides, during other events that we were flagged in, most of the time people of the opposing faction will ignore you as long as you don't look like you're getting ready to attack them. My only question is, most of my 50's are rakata/bh geared, should I be wearing recruit gear while playing the event? I'm not sure how expertise works in open world PVP.

ps. I'm glad they gave an end date for this event. I have a few stacks of Rakghoul DNA and Tokens of Enrichment that went to waste because of the other 2 events abrupt ends.

Game has been out for over a year now. If you're not 50 at this point, it is your own fault.