Keith! You continue to amaze!

Darkside

I wanted to give this shout out to Keith for the continued effort he and his team are putting forth. It is so refreshing to see you interacting with the community at large, as we have been starved for a long time. Your demonstrations so far hopefully are indicative of the interactions and fun that you will continue to share with us heading into the future and leading us hopefully to greater successes with swtor. Thank you for all your efforts Keith & team, so keep up the great work!

Holocron

Keith surprises a live streamer out of the blue:

Edited by Darkside

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow playing favorites much?

Must be nice to be handed something so sought-after on a silver platter.

"Friends" at Bioware really pay off huh.

Don't be jelly, dude! It was a nice gesture... It was just the Tulak armor set, who cares.

Edited by TyonYlle

Don't be jelly, dude! It was a nice gesture... It was just the Tulak armor set, who cares.

I do.

Obviously.

And I would love to know the circumstances behind this "gesture".

I mean how can I go and ask for the set that is my white whale and just get it like that, got to be easier than working for it. (btw its not Tulak Hord if anyone cares, I have that)

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

I do.

Obviously.

And I would love to know the circumstances behind this "gesture".

I mean how can I go and ask for the set that is my white whale and just get it like that, got to be easier than working for it. (btw its not Tulak Hord if anyone cares, I have that)

Well, then just don't reply to this thread with your negativity then which is obviously not needed in this thread. Just ignore this thread.

Edited by TyonYlle

Well, then just don't reply to this thread with your negativity then which is obviously not needed in this thread. Just ignore this thread.

This is a public forum and my opinion is just as valid as yours

so do not try and censor me ok.

Feel free to post whatever you wish but don't try and tell me that I can't do the same.

Feel free to post whatever you wish but don't try and tell me that I can't do the same.

It might be a public forum, and your opinion is valid (unfortunately) you also have to realize when, and when not to give it. This thread, for example, doesn't need your negativity which wasn't the OPs intention.

Edited by TyonYlle

Exactly. People just can't stand everyone not loving everything they have to say all the time. The world isn't a safe space for crying out loud. I agree with you on the basis that stuff should never just be handed out. I'd sure love a set worth 50 million credits at minimum on my server. Not to mention CC to boot. Kinda sucks to see that they just hand it out like that. But nice to see someone get something :)

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Keith is one of the most vocal people I have ever seen who is hidden behind a computer screen. I was smiling through that whole video.

Me too. It was cool to see it, she was so happy.

It might be a public forum, and your opinion is valid (unfortunately) you also have to realize when, and when not to give it. This thread, for example, doesn't need your negativity which wasn't the OPs intention.

Nobody ever "intends negativity" by starting a thread does that mean nobody can voice an opinion aside from total agreement? Seems pointless to start the thread then if all you want is some kind of echo chamber for people to agree with you. Not a discussion of substance if everyone agrees on everything.

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Nobody ever "intends negativity" by starting a thread does that mean nobody can voice an opinion aside from total agreement? Seems pointless to start the thread then if all you want is some kind of echo chamber for people to agree with you. Not a discussion of substance if everyone agrees on everything.

There is a difference between constructive cricicism and bing a negative nancy or a troll. :rak_04:

I decide when my opinion is or isn't needed.

Lets break this down.

Streamer tells MrX I want this. MrX tells colleague and colleague provides this to Streamer.

Now lets look at it another way.

Investor tells MrX I want information. MrX tells colleague and colleague provides information to MrX

This is called insider trading.

Contractor tells MrX I want this contract. MrX tells colleague and colleague provides contract.

This is called corruption.

Taking an objective look and scaling it up the facts are clear, this was not the right action to take, In most other settings these facts equal a crime.

I like Keith, I like his communication and I like his availability but this is a clear abuse of authority, you cannot give one player special treatment and expect the rest of us to be ok with it. I for one am not ok with this.

I have one question for you Keith

Where is MY armor set, I chose the equally rare Sith Recluse set, PM me for my characters name.

As nice and adorable as it may be there are reasons why this is frowned upon in many businesses. If you look at so many of those competitions in magazines, they actually have a fine print that family members of their staff is not qualifying to win.

Alright, you maybe okay with it but from a perspective of someone who worked on his in-game wealth himself with no outside help, who spent so many hours to get this kind of items this just isn't cool. I worked hard on those things and there suddenly some obscure streamer who did almost nothing just gets a visit and is handed one of the most expensive items in the game "from a friend?" This isn't fair to other players. Just isn't. This isn't negativity, this is a fact.

I couldn't even get starting planet armor sets from 5.0 delivered to my existing characters by cs and here someone just gets an entire tulak hord set. Heck, I can't even get a simple question answered for so many years now, even now that there is this talk of "communication." Don't be mad at people when they say that this looks like favoritism because sure as hell it does.

There is a reason why this practice is frowned upon and when it does, inevitably, happen people don't talk about it.

I like Keith, I like his communication and I like his availability but this is a clear abuse of authority, you cannot give one player special treatment and expect the rest of us to be ok with it. I for one am not ok with this.

I have one question for you Keith

Where is MY armor set, I chose the equally rare Sith Recluse set, PM me for my characters name.

QFT

Can I have traditional Jedi robes now, please?

There is a difference between constructive cricicism and bing a negative nancy or a troll. :rak_04:

This guy is just going to disagree with everything. He likes to interrupt threads. :D

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Aaaaaand this thread is why we can't have nice things. Let a developer/anyone else with authority in this game make a positive gesture towards an active member of the TOR community (who is actually active playing the game and promoting it on a livestream and not just complaining about it on the forums), and all the unhealthy obsessives and sore losers come out of the woodwork to take a big steaming crap all over said positive gesture just because said positive gesture didn't happen to them, and therefore it's bad.

Then in the next breath they ask for special treatment themselves, to get something rare or custom-designed for them just because they're asking for it, because that would somehow be fine by contrast... :rolleyes:

Would I have liked to get my Tulak Hord set for free instead of buying it in game for a pretty virtual penny? Sure! Who doesn't like free stuff? But I'm going to be happy for this woman for getting some free pretty pixels that made her day instead of throwing a fit over the fact it wasn't me getting the free pretty pixels. Both because I think it's the right thing to do AND because I want to encourage Keith and his co-workers to do MORE nice gestures like this for other customers without having to worry about getting dogpiled with negativity over it.

Seriously, think about it... how awesome would it be if this was the start of a trend where more players of the game got unexpected visits from Keith acting like virtual Santa Claus? That would generate a lot of good will and some positive marketing press for this game after so many years and months of neglect and "RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!!!" style insults to our intelligence.

As nice and adorable as it may be there are reasons why this is frowned upon in many businesses. If you look at so many of those competitions in magazines, they actually have a fine print that family members of their staff is not qualifying to win.

Alright, you maybe okay with it but from a perspective of someone who worked on his in-game wealth himself with no outside help, who spent so many hours to get this kind of items this just isn't cool. I worked hard on those things and there suddenly some obscure streamer who did almost nothing just gets a visit and is handed one of the most expensive items in the game "from a friend?" This isn't fair to other players. Just isn't. This isn't negativity, this is a fact.

I couldn't even get starting planet armor sets from 5.0 delivered to my existing characters by cs and here someone just gets an entire tulak hord set. Heck, I can't even get a simple question answered for so many years now, even now that there is this talk of "communication." Don't be mad at people when they say that this looks like favoritism because sure as hell it does.

There is a reason why this practice is frowned upon and when it does, inevitably, happen people don't talk about it.

<snip>

QFT

Can I have traditional Jedi robes now, please?

So what Keith did was wrong and unfair and nepotism (allegedly) and all that, but you're still more than willing to put your own hand out to get your own special treatment, huh?

This obsession isn't healthy, Alec. Get some professional help, please, for your own good. I worry about you. I mean it, I'm serious. There are people in this world who love and care about you who can't possibly enjoy seeing you so fixated on Obi-Wan's robes from Episode III to the point that you claim it's all you want out of life. Don't do this to yourself or to your family and friends. :(

Edited by AscendingSky

So what Keith did was wrong and unfair and nepotism (allegedly) and all that, but you're still more than willing to put your own hand out to get your own special treatment, huh?

Yeah thats right.

This is not some moral crusade, I don't care to take on that fight because it is a losing battle.

And no, I don't believe for a second that Keith will do the right thing and offer me an armor set. By rights he needs to offer EVERYONE an expensive armor set to offset this monumental step on the crank, but I am not willing to fight that war.

I doubt he will even come here and face up to it, nah he will pull a page from Ben's book on this one and slink off to hide and wait it out.

Prove me wrong here Keith, front up and explain.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Yeah thats right.

This is not some moral crusade, I don't care to take on that fight because it is a losing battle.

And no, I don't believe for a second that Keith will do the right thing and offer me a armor set. By rights he needs to offer EVERYONE

Keith doesn't owe you sh** nor is it your right to be making demands.

/discussionover

I have every right to air my opinion on this matter.

Haven't we gone over this part already?

Lets try words of one syllable

I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT

You do have the right to say what you want, and I have the right to say that you are being an entitled D.

Oh, she's got livestream now! Let's show everyone how good company we are \o/

:confused:

Anyway she got enough money to buy one herself, but doesn't matter.

I couldn't even get starting planet armor sets from 5.0 delivered to my existing characters by cs and here someone just gets an entire tulak hord set.

This this this!

I did same thing with respond that they can't give me item. Green starter 5 (?) level armor...

Edited by tummiswtor

You do have the right to say what you want, and I have the right to say that you are being an entitled D.

You can't be serious now... But at the same time it is okay for some obscure streamer to be entitled to a most expensive armor set in the game?!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Some of the responses in this thread are truly just shameful and full of cringe. It really makes me wonder how some of you can function in the real world, especially considering the apparent lack of social common sense, decorum and etiquette you have. Keith did an amazing thing for a member of the community, and no one should be jealous, but rather excited for her that we have a producer that is doing something positive for once.

He didn't have to do anything, or interact in any way whatsoever, but he did. And that speaks volumes about him! Instead the socially inept trolls among us want to ensure that any positive action is rewarded with negative garbage (in my opinion fueled by adolescent jealously). How about everyone grow a thicker skin, be kind, and appreciate the things that we do get as a bonus from Keith and friends, cause I would argue that Keith is trying more than any previous person in his role ever did, and we shouldn't want that to change.

Edited by Darkside

You can't be serious now... But at the same time it is okay for some obscure streamer to be entitled to a most expensive armor set in the game?!

That's the thing, though, she never asked for it, therefore she wasn't being entitled.

Some of the responses in this thread are truly just shameful and full of cringe. It really makes me wonder how some of you can function in the real world, especially considering the apparent lack of social common sense, decorum and etiquette you have. Keith did an amazing thing for a member of the community, and no one should be jealous, but rather excited for them that we have a producer that is doing something positive for once. He didn't have to do anything, or interact in any way, but he did. And that speaks volumes about him! Instead the socially inept trolls among us want to ensure that any positive action is rewarded with negativity garbage (in my opinion fueled by adolescent jealously). How about everyone grow a thicker skin, be kind, and appreciate the things that we do get as a bonus from Keith and friends, cause I would argue that Keith is trying more than any previous person in his role ever did.

^^ this is <3

It put a smile on my face watching the video, and for that I am content, I literally could not ask for more. But, I guess some people don't know how to smile.

Edited by TyonYlle