F2P players don't need forum access

jarjarloves

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, this is the kind of apathy towards your player base that got the game in this much trouble as it is now.

So you now want to segregrate your player base, so only that the paying guys have a say.

The way I see it, it is the sheeple and fanboys that lead to this games downfall.

"Everything is fine," they said. "This game is excellent as is."

"I am willing to pay $15.00 a month for a single player game."

"So you kept breaking your promises. So you've release your game early never made a real attempt to rectify that I don't care. Shut up and take my money!"

Basically, the only people you are allowing forum access to are those that see no wrong in your ways. EA just wants a bunch of yes men, it seems.

What about the "new Player Help Thread"? That seems like a biggy, along with the Customer Service thread.

Meh... Didn't they end up moving the WAR forum to social.bioware.com? They'll probably do the same thing with this one. What sections will it have once its there? Your guess is as good as mine.

Honestly, this is the kind of apathy towards your player base that got the game in this much trouble as it is now.

So you now want to segregrate your player base, so only that the paying guys have a say.

The way I see it, it is the sheeple and fanboys that lead to this games downfall.

"So you kept breaking your promises. So you've release your game early never made a real attempt to rectify that I don't care. Shut up and take my money!"

Basically, the only people you are allowing forum access to are those that see no wrong in your ways. EA just wants a bunch of yes men, it seems.

Errr no....

The reason is F2P will fill these boards with, Why cant i access this, why cant i access that, why don't i get this, why cant i get that BS......

Plus Gold selling advertisers....

You want to be heard, pay the money....End of.

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't mind all the f2p players spamming up general and pvp forums with threads about how bad the game is and so on? And since they have no obligation to pay to continue playing or have access to the forums they WILL keep trolling and bothering the rest of us with their complaints.

You want to be heard, pay the money

So, not only can we expect Pay to Win at some point, but now Pay to Speak.

Like I said before, it's the devs only listening to those wiling to pay for bad management decisions that got the game in the predicament it is in now.

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't mind all the f2p players spamming up general and pvp forums with threads about how bad the game is and so on? And since they have no obligation to pay to continue playing or have access to the forums they WILL keep trolling and bothering the rest of us with their complaints.

Don't feed the trolls and you won't have that big a problem. Most forums also have this neat little feature called "Ignore User." Fight your urges to answer the so called troll posts.

Edited by agamemnon-

Agree with it or not but having to pay for the forums keeps this place a whole lot cleaner. No free trolling, bots, advertising or bashing from other game fans. It is no more than logical that they keep them out this way. It has nothing to do with pay to speak and that is already the case at present anyway. Edited by Gokkus

/signed

Give them their own forums including some variation of New Player Help. Allow subscribers access so altruistic game vets can help the freebs. Hand out bans to subbers who play the nasty elitist card.

Subscribers are protected from spammers. Freebs get help if they need it. Everyone is happy.

Okay. I admit that last bit might be a little too optimistic;)

/signed

Give them their own forums including some variation of New Player Help. Allow subscribers access so altruistic game vets can help the freebs. Hand out bans to subbers who play the nasty elitist card.

Subscribers are protected from spammers. Freebs get help if they need it. Everyone is happy.

Okay. I admit that last bit might be a little too optimistic;)

True, but still probably the best way to handle it.