melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

Unless the next event comes out before August 25th, I won't worry about it. Sad to say, but BioWare has, without a doubt, proven themselves completely clueless about developing and managing an MMO. Of course, the sub numbers already prove that.

Have fun with pandas

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

So the next event will use the same tokens?

Given the length of time between these events and the relatively short amount of time they are on to be around for one and then find that it offers nothing but some companion gear that is no better than what can be got from running a few daily heroic missions and modding up yourself this seems like an odd choice and also an odd response.

Given my character didn't speak once during the event and there was pretty much no interaction story isn't really a big thing, chasing boxes or clicking on a terminal or two in a rush to get the credit somewhat lacking and then to have nothing worth purchasing? After all this wait for content this doesn't seem to be worth the wait.

Edited by Costello

What about the reasoning behind the mount not being 110% speed? I can understand the weapon thing (even though I think its a poor choice) but the speeder not being top speed? Weird.

Because level 26 toons would not be able to use such a speeder, but they can get the comms.

I don't know what people are complaining about. What you thought they were going to hand out legacy weapons for all 8 classes in one event? Then what is there to look forward to on the next event?

Of course they are going to spread it out, my trooper will benefit from this event, hopefully the next event will be better for my force users.

How dare you display such an adult, mature and considered attitude.

You are suppossed to be crying and whining and claiming that BW have done this to peronsally "slap you in the face" or some other such nonsense :)

My only toon that can directly benefit from this event is a very low level Op...I have a BH so might transfer a couple of barrels to him....otherwise I enjoyed the event (a few minor bugs / frustrations aside) even though the rewards are not set up to benefit me directly.

To all you whiners from the COD / Reward me for turning up generation, just enjoy the mini quests, enjoy the event, have a coke and a smile...participation in any kind of event / hobby does not equal automatic acquisition of every single thing every single time....as long as the next event rewards other classes with weapons you have NOTHNG to complain about. Can't you just do things for the enjoyment and/or the completionist factor any more? Do you have to be spoon fed rewards for participating in anything?

The sheer level of "me me me me me me me me me me me" and "My demands are more important than anyone else's" and "No one can have anything that I CAN'T HAVE otherwise its FAIL" is far more disgusting than the rewards selection or poor quest implementation.

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Ok 1st. This is poor reasoning and its thought process like this that anger the players and have resulted in what TOR has become.

2nd, MONTHS ago the quest rewards were data mined and posted on these very forums players gave feedback that said "I hope there are rewards for other classes"

It would have been nice if you guys had read that thread and added rewards for ALL CLASSES!

quoted for truth. i know i cant be alone in this but im getting really sick of the attitude BW/EA have that they know what we want. its getting more and more obvious they dont have the slightest clue and dont even bother reading feedback given 90% of the time. as someone said earlier, great move just before GW2 comes out.

i dont have a signle character that can use these weapons, non of the 7 characters i have would look good in a sand people outfit, would need to grind about 150 smuggler crates per character for the pet (not that i plan to), and only 2 of my characters can use the speeder but having the CE i already have a speeder, and the CE one doesnt look like its been through a destruction derby.

i demand the head of the dev that made these decisions!

they either need to start listening to the small playerbase they have left or they are gonna drive us all away.

quoted for truth. i know i cant be alone in this but im getting really sick of the attitude BW/EA have that they know what we want. its getting more and more obvious they dont have the slightest clue and dont even bother reading feedback given 90% of the time. as someone said earlier, great move just before GW2 comes out.

i dont have a signle character that can use these weapons, non of the 7 characters i have would look good in a sand people outfit, would need to grind about 150 smuggler crates per character for the pet (not that i plan to), and only 2 of my characters can use the speeder but having the CE i already have a speeder, and the CE one doesnt look like its been through a destruction derby.

they either need to start listening to the small playerbase they have left or they are gonna drive us all away.

Really? You really "demand the head of the dev that made these decisions"?

So you wish someone somewhere gets the sack and potentially loses their home / livliehood / marriage etc because a live event in a video game was not specifically designed around your personal wants?

GG.

Driz

You do realise GW2 is gonna suck right? I mean, you must already know that the game is just a mediocre rehash of popular game mechanics from WAR et al with some cartoony PvP and and a renamed trinity??

Its also arguably more entrenched in the F2P / P2W model than TOR will be...

Give it 3 months and you will be proclaiming it "FAIL" because it does not cater your every demand and personal vision for the game....still at least I know you will surely enjoy such misery :)

Driz

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

Or thanks for NOT participating.

Good job making events like this worthless to the majority of the game population. It's a GREAT way to keep your subscribers happy.

Just par for the course around here, it's why this game is being forced into F2P. Bad decision after bad decision.

To all you whiners from the COD / Reward me for turning up generation, just enjoy the mini quests, enjoy the event, have a coke and a smile...participation in any kind of event / hobby does not equal automatic acquisition of every single thing every single time....as long as the next event rewards other classes with weapons you have NOTHNG to complain about. Can't you just do things for the enjoyment and/or the completionist factor any more? Do you have to be spoon fed rewards for participating in anything?

someone expecting rewards from an event is hardly in the "reward me for turning up generation" EVERYONE is paying the the same sub, and EVERYONE had to wait months for the event, and to come out of it with nothing for your main character is a slap in the face for anyone not currently playing an Agent or Vanguard.

and i havnt heard/seen anyone demanding "automatic acquisition" of anything, and funny how you compair it to a hobby so your saying if i built a model car, and there were pieces missing i would not have a right to be upset?

and yea the next event may very well have other types of weapons, but to say the players have nothing to compain about is narrow minded at best, was it not BW that said each event will work similar to the first one, so was it much of a streach for ppl to think it would offer something for everyone? i dont think so.

cant you just let ppl voice thier opinion without berating them?

You do realise GW2 is gonna suck right? I mean, you must already know that the game is just a mediocre rehash of popular game mechanics from WAR et al with some cartoony PvP and and a renamed trinity??

Give it 3 months and you will be proclaiming it "FAIL" because it does not cater your every demand and personal vision for the game....still at least I know you will surely enjoy such misery :)

Driz

GW2 PvP can't POSSIBLY be worse then this. I log in, I grind the same 4 warzones for 2 maybe 3 hours, I get about 1000 warzone comms and my daily, which gives me about 400-450 ranked comms a night after conversion. and an entire set of war hero gear costs what, 25k of these ranked tokens.

But wait! Ranked warzones! Yay! Except I can't queue for them. 8 people or nothing. I joined guild after guild looking for ranked teams, and you know what I found? Multiple guilds with rapidly dwindling populations that can no longer do ranked (or, conversely, they do ranked, but they are virtually all badly undergeared - defeating the fun in doing ranked) . Over and over again on Fatman.

More terrible implementation from this C grade dev staff with F grade management. it's why I'm now scaling back my gameplay and unsubbing once this month is over.

It's not that I think GW2 is going to be amazing. I don't. I'm just sick of the terrible PvP situation here.

Besides, TOR is nothing more then a Star Wars themed mediocre rehash of WoW, without most of the features WoW has, so...

Edited by islander

So you wish someone somewhere gets the sack and potentially loses their home / livliehood / marriage etc because a live event in a video game was not specifically designed around your personal wants?

Nope, i guess he wants someone somewhere gets the sack because that person is incompetent for his current job.

Not Driz

Edited by Trollokdamus

Driz

oh i never said i was wating for GW2, but alot of ppl are and that is going to make this community even smaller, so imo they should have just bit the bullet and made everyone happy duringthis one to not drive more ppl away lol

Really? You really "demand the head of the dev that made these decisions"?

GG.

Driz

i think your reading too much into it, have you never heard of sarcasm? and pls, show me where i made such a wish? with you here isnt your bridge unguarded?

Edited by GooseGrims

someone expecting rewards from an event is hardly in the "reward me for turning up generation" EVERYONE is paying the the same sub, and EVERYONE had to wait months for the event, and to come out of it with nothing for your main character is a slap in the face for anyone not currently playing an Agent or Vanguard.

and i havnt heard/seen anyone demanding "automatic acquisition" of anything, and funny how you compair it to a hobby so your saying if i built a model car, and there were pieces missing i would not have a right to be upset?

and yea the next event may very well have other types of weapons, but to say the players have nothing to compain about is narrow minded at best, was it not BW that said each event will work similar to the first one, so was it much of a streach for ppl to think it would offer something for everyone? i dont think so.

cant you just let ppl voice thier opinion without berating them?

Generalise much? I and a few other posters in this thread who are grown ups do not feel "slapped in the face" by the fact I dont have a class specific reward as part of this event. Talk about special little snowflake syndrome.

As long as each class gets their turn with weapon rewards available through the live events then you have nothing to complain about. All you are really sayign here if we are is honest is "some people have things that I can have/use and that is not acceptable to me because I should be included/most important in all decisions".....well thats just life.

My point is can you not just enjoy the content? Why does it matter if Ops get a weapon in this event and BHs get a weapon in the next event for example? Just take part in both and enjoy them for what they are....I would be happy without any rewards, just the title would be enough....

Just because someone gets somehting ahead of you does not make it a fail anything...it just means you need to wait your turn and be patient....my 12 year old understands this!?!?!?!

Driz

As far as I know, the vendor offers no weapons for Commando's, they dont use blaster rifles after all.

Commandos don't need to use assault cannons we can do the same with a rifle except use charged bolts or hail of bolts but those attacks suck anyway.

i think your reading too much into it, have you never heard of sarcasm? and pls, show me where i made such a wish? with you here isnt your bridge unguarded?

I'm no troll... I can quite readily admit to both the games good points and bad points...I already eluded to the fact that I enjoyed the content for what it is, a periodic live event, despite the bugs and some poor mechanics.

Whereas you post about how you are "demanding the head of dev who made these decisions" which makes you look immature at best.

The difference is I am mature enough to attribute 70% of the games problems to the devs and 30% to the incessant and unrealistic demands of the special snowflake crowd.

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Generalise much? I and a few other posters in this thread who are grown ups do not feel "slapped in the face" by the fact I dont have a class specific reward as part of this event. Talk about special little snowflake syndrome.

As long as each class gets their turn with weapon rewards available through the live events then you have nothing to complain about. All you are really sayign here if we are is honest is "some people have things that I can have/use and that is not acceptable to me because I should be included/most important in all decisions".....well thats just life.

My point is can you not just enjoy the content? Why does it matter if Ops get a weapon in this event and BHs get a weapon in the next event for example? Just take part in both and enjoy them for what they are....I would be happy without any rewards, just the title would be enough....

Just because someone gets somehting ahead of you does not make it a fail anything...it just means you need to wait your turn and be patient....my 12 year old understands this!?!?!?!

Driz

1) you mean generalizing like you lumping everyone who is not brown nosing BW into the same group? and special snowflake syndrome? i dont remember demanding exclusives or anything that nobody esle should get.

2) so you know for a fact that each event is only gonna have rewards for a select few classes? and are the forums not the place to give feedback, just because a persons opinion is not the same as yours does not make it any less valid. and no what i was saying is that i would have to create a new character just to get some enjoyment out of the weapons.

3) did i ever say i did not enjoy the event? and thats good for you, i personaly dont care what rewards are in the event as long as they are equal. for example the color crystals from the last event.

4) i dont remember saying the event was fail for any reason. and we have all been patient waiting for this event, that doest mean any classes should be over looked. and thats really good for your 12 year old, maybe they can teach you what an opinion is next...

Edited by GooseGrims

I'm no troll... I can quite readily admit to both the games good points and bad points...I already eluded to the fact that I enjoyed the content for what it is, a periodic live event, despite the bugs and some poor mechanics.

Whereas you post about how you are "demanding the head of dev who made these decisions" which makes you look immature at best.

The difference is I am mature enough to attribute 70% of the games problems to the devs and 30% to the incessant and unrealistic demands of the special snowflake crowd.

Driz

I'd be more inclined to think the issue is a bit less devs, and a bit more 'management'.

I mean, I will still play this game part time. It's really because as bad as this game is, it still IS Star Wars. The other options out there pre-GW2 are all equally bad or worse.

I don't suspect GW2 will be the greatest thing ever. However, the idea of both arena and open world PvP (especially W v W v W) are both refreshing and exciting. Exciting that they actually coded the game with a game engine that can actually support large scale PvP (or zergs, as some will call it). Having a reason to actually open world fight. Something this game fundamentally lacks (unless grinding for WH gear is a good enough reason).

Edited by islander

Driz

yea you take the one line i said sarcasticly, GG go back to your bridge lol

edit: and you keep throwing around "special snowflake" but tell me at what point did i demand an exclusive to make me a "special snowflake"?

Edited by GooseGrims

As many others have said, the last event had rewards for everyone. Even if you throw the crystals out of the window, you still had great companion customizations and armour sets that looked really in-line with the event. Unlike here, where you get SAND PEOPLE ARMOUR???? What does that have to do with the Chevin, Nar Shadda, cartels or anything remotely related to this event? Seriously?

It's just way too obvious they didn't dedicate nearly enough time for making this event. It feels very rushed.

yea you take the one line i said sarcasticly, GG go back to your bridge lol

edit: and you keep throwing around "special snowflake" but tell me at what point did i demand an exclusive to make me a "special snowflake"?

A bit like the way you chose not to answer me when I called you out for being immature enough to demand someone loses their job over a periodic live event.

I guess the difference between us is that the fact that if a live event reward menu does not cater to me specifically in THIS event, that would not be sufficient to make me quit any game whereas you suggest the opposite.

I would just be patient and wait my turn but to each their own....I am simply pointing out that along with the demand for someones head does not come accross as a very mature outlook...

Essentially you think that for others to have a reward in this event and for you to have a reward in the next event for example, is unacceptable so you qq about it rather than being constructive. That makes you both a troll and a special little snowflake.

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Commandos don't need to use assault cannons we can do the same with a rifle except use charged bolts or hail of bolts but those attacks suck anyway.

Don't play PvP and certainly not a gunnery commando then.

A bit like the way you chose not to answer me when I called you out for being immature enough to demand someone loses their job over a leriodic live event.

i guess you just dont know what sarcasm is, have your 12 year old explain it.

and i never said i was quiting, i pointed out GW2 is out soon and making dumb mistakes now will drive more ppl away, but good job twisting my words.

Edited by GooseGrims

Commandos do need to use assault cannon, since the actual weapon damage of a blaster rifle is much lower than that of the assault cannon with same rating.