What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

DahrenJex

My biggest fail was one of our first runs through EC and the minefield.

The tank was coming up the path we made to assist us on the last phase. To hurry him up, I moved into position and rescue pulled him.

He clipped the corner of a mine square and promptly died. Since there was no extra tank to absorb the cannons it resulted in a wipe. I don't do that anymore.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin.... :rolleyes:

ROFL

I didn't realize that way past 10 levels for my Smuggler. I think I was almost to level 30 by the time I noticed that and that was because I had started a second alt and figured it out when I got to it then. I had to switch back to my Smuggler to see what I missed in his pack.

I sort of blame that on the packs not listing info about "Right Clicking to Open".

I am not to sure what my biggest fail in SWTOR is. I sort of mess up around every corner. :rolleyes:

There was one mission I kept messing up on. I kept knocking the boss off the platform to his death so I could not get the mission loot he had. He kept re-spawning a few times before I realized that he had something I needed to complete that mission.

For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin.... :rolleyes:

This is awesome. My first character, for some reason I thought this was a token or something that we needed in our inventory so that our advanced class would "work". It just so happened that some 21 levels later, (yes, level 31 lol) I thought, hey let's leave this in my cargo hold and see what happens so that I can free up that extra inventory slot.

The very next thing I did was I tried to grab a +3 STR datacron from Nar Shaddaa (the crazy one with the pipe jumping). and it started coming up with error messages... "You must complete some missions before you can access this..." or something like that. So after having made it across those stupid pipes, couldn't get the datacron. I just knew it was that token that I took out of my inventory.

So I went back to the cargo hold and fetched it, then went back for the datacron, only then to find out that it wasn't the token at all, but my mission log was full. But still didn't put them together.

So I moved off to Tatooine to run missions after removing some of my mission log items, and just so happened to spot someone in General chat saying "Don't forget to open your advanced class bag."

At which point I felt like the dumbest player ever... and immediately right clicked it and found the custom assault cannon I was supposed to get back at level 10. LOL

Ahh... the noobishness...

Tabbing out on the balloon ride on Tatooine and finding that it knocks you off.

Biggest group fail. Marking mobs for CC with Class specific icons (Pistol and Green Saber) on mobs that can be CCed by said class represented by said icon. To have no CC on a pull and the entire group wipe. Then have the group demand I tell them which icon they should be CCing.

Biggest gearing fail. Finding my Comumi Vanguard has superior defensive stats to my Rakata Jedi Guardian. Due to Rakata's poor itemization. Still trying to fix that one.

My biggest fail was during beta, when I started on Ord Mantell.

First I didn't realize that my armor takes damage and at one point my smuggler stood there in her undies. :p

*Then* I didn't realize that armor can be repaired and instead kept replacing the worn pieces with fresh drops. xD

ETA: Fun thread, thanks for starting it and please keep 'em coming. Good for a coffee break laugh or two. :)

Anyways, the players (most of them lower level than me) kept telling me to taunt the boss so I literally starting typing in taunts to it ;). ha ha ha! I had no idea I had a "taunt" power. - Ord'os

EPIC.

Got all the way through False Emperor, being super careful on the loot and then I accidentally end up clicking need on the final gear drop (nothing I could use) because my arrow disappeared and I was trying to get it reappear. Guy who really needed it was gracious but obviously very upset. Ended up spending 55K on GTN to buy him a simliar piece of gear as an apology...which was WAY more than I made on the run but I had to make it right in order to live with myself.

EPIC WIN. You make up for 50 trolls and ninjas.

Edited by KyaniteD

My first flashpoint back in december I ran with a sentinel with only 1 lightsaber because I had not opened the backpack for the second one ^^ Didnt go so well either, we got owned by /ironfist.

I also love those times I QT to the other side of the planet and then realise I forgot a bonus quest or a turn in and have to travel all the way back...

Going to the wrong endzone with the Huttball.

that happened to me too... or camping at the "supposedly" enemy goal line, and wondering why is our team is still fighting at our doorstep when we have the ball... realized a minute later I'm camping our own spawn :D

My GS has scavenging crew skill. After 1.3 went live i did alot RE to get mats for augments. One day i logged in and seeing i had mainhand slot equipped with green gun. I was shocked. Looked around my bank and inventory i couldnt find identical fully modded orange mainhand same as my offhand.

Then it struck me, i must have RE my main gun with great mods in it. Oh the pain, contacted CS and they found it and gave it back including augemented slot with augment :)

Edited by Divona

I was getting tired of all the planet quests and the little sidequests, so I decided to skip them and just do my class quests first. In the final quest, I enter a very big and looong building and suddenly a bonus quest appears "Kill 15 enemies"...then it follows "kill 30 more" and final stage, yup you guessed "kill 45 more enemies". Kinda went crazy but I did them all.

Teleport back to the start area of the planet, then I realized my toon was way too low for next planet, well, time to start all the other quests. Wanna guess which ones were in the final part of the planet? Bingo, the planet quest and 3 more sidequests were all about killing 15, 30 and 45 enemies in that big building!!!

-Biggest facepalm EVER!!!!:mad:

Edited by zorroazul

Healing a guy in passing as he was almost dead. Turned out he was of the opposing faction. It flagged me for pvp. I had no idea what to do at the time and he killed me. lol

Ha!

My fist time through Voss... think I was on my Bounty Hunter.

I have a habit of buffing people at random as I have all 4 class buffs.

Ran acrost this guy up by the Gormak ship and he just had 1 class buff.

So I buff him ... nothing .. try it again ... nothing....

I'm scratching my head wondering what the hell is going on, why is my buff not working?

I try again, and again ... I'm pretty much following this guy around trying to get my buffs to work.

I'm in range, in LoS, he's not in a convo, I have him target......wait ..... oh hell he's a Jedi.

/facepalm

on my fist char i didn't even know that you could get an advanced class so i still have a lvl 48 smuggler.

Also tanked HM EV without my shield generator and both me and the heals were wondering why i toke so much damage

first huttball much i found the pass ball button pressed it but it wouldnt pass to my team mate had to ask what was going on in ops chat swear i almost got laughed out of the match