View Single Post

Gavin_Kelvar
12.16.2013 , 02:23 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVindictus View Post
GSF isn't rock paper scissors. You don't have that kind of system at work. A striker can beat a scout, a scout can beat a striker, a gunship can beat a scout, a scout can beat a gunship, it's scenario dependent, it's also component dependent.

A gunship vs a default scout, the gunship may be able to beat the scout if they're using fortress shields and using the active. they can sponge the scout's puny damage while they lay them out with a charged shot. Not possible with a flashfire, they have too much firepower.

Against a default scout, a gunship can also evade lock on from thermite torpedos just by boosting, avoiding a lockon of cluster missiles is much much harder and usually requires using an engine component skill. Avoiding a cluster missile lock on from a strike fighter is also easier, as you have more of a chance to stay out of range, a flashfire you have very little chance of staying out of their range and you'll find yourself unable to stay out of range after about 8s.
Fair enough and I concede to that logic. Like I said I don't fly a gunship so I can't comment on what needs changing from that end. Personally I don't like that you can't evade missiles by getting them to run into the environment but that might be a coding issue (for example they couldn't code the missiles to be smart enough to not automatically ram into the environment).

I can only comment from flying strikers (primarily) and scouts. From that seat the biggest problem is evasion since I encounter them dogfighting. I have heard that blaster overcharge is OP but I can't really comment yet on whether it needs to be toned down (not having upgraded my scout much) and I'm rarely, if ever, on the receiving end. Personally I think it's quite probable that both are equally problematic but which appears more problematic depends on whether you're in a striker or gunship.