JK & SW endings arent concurrent

Girdeux

As most of us know the warriors get a letter from the Hands that while you were silencing Baras, the JK at the same time was fighting the Emperor. Now heres the thing, playing through an Inquistor again I noticed at the end while you were fighting Thanaton that Decimus, Acharon and Hadra were all present during the council meeting. The warrior ending happens sometime before this. This could mean one of the following things:

A) The hand are idiots and cant read the date and time. (Quite likely)

B) The hands are outright lying to the warrior so he doesnt find out about the Emperor's real plans. AKA the hand is manipulating the information (likely)

C) The JK didnt participate in the main republic takeover of Corellia, thus he leaves Corellia alot earlier then the other storylines (unlikely),

D) There was a breakdown between the writers of the story and mission designers in which they just placed all the council members in the SW/IA ending (somewhat likely).

E) I wrote this late as hell at night, and I could be overlooking a pretty important point (also likely)

Edited by Girdeux

The answer is simple. JK killed the body the Emperor took over, but he didn't kill the Emperor's essence that returned to Emperor's original Pureblood body. JK simply doesn't know about it and he (and thus the Republic) thinks the Emperor is dead.

The answer is simple. JK killed the body the Emperor took over, but he didn't kill the Emperor's essence that returned to Emperor's original Pureblood body. JK simply doesn't know about it and he (and thus the Republic) thinks the Emperor is dead.

Doesn't that fall apart when you have Lord Scourge there to tell you "Yeah. No. Wasn't him. My bad, Jedi."

I hear this, and it feels more like a "I don't want the JK to have killed the Emperor." When it would seem everything points to, yup, he's just a ghost now. Now living on as a Force Ghost. Okay. Those are a dime a dozen.

Doesn't that fall apart when you have Lord Scourge there to tell you "Yeah. No. Wasn't him. My bad, Jedi."

I hear this, and it feels more like a "I don't want the JK to have killed the Emperor." When it would seem everything points to, yup, he's just a ghost now. Now living on as a Force Ghost. Okay. Those are a dime a dozen.

Everything points to what it always did - Bioware wrote the Emperor up as a (future) villain for both factions. And I can pretty much bet the actual final kill will happen in an Operation which means there won't be any unique/personal class satisfaction of killing the Emperor for anyone, including me, so no, I don't have a personal bias because "I wanna kill the Emperor myself so I don't want JK to kill it". What is obvious to me though is that tons of JK players really can't deal with the fact that their Knight "Chosen One" power fantasy might get spoiled because they didn't actually killed the Emperor.

Everything points to what it always did - Bioware wrote the Emperor up as a (future) villain for both factions. And I can pretty much bet the actual final kill will happen in an Operation which means there won't be any unique/personal class satisfaction of killing the Emperor for anyone, including me, so no, I don't have a personal bias because "I wanna kill the Emperor myself so I don't want JK to kill it". What is obvious to me though is that tons of JK players really can't deal with the fact that their Knight "Chosen One" power fantasy might get spoiled because they didn't actually killed the Emperor.

My favorite storylines where Consular, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler and Agent. I only put the JK storyline ahead of Trooper and close (maybe tied) with Sith Warrior.

So it's not like it ruins my personal power fantasy :p I also prefere Assassin/Shadow, Arsenal and Gunslinger play styles over JK/SW, so it's not me preferring JK/SW over others. It's me thinking things just as I said.

Scourge should know "Oh hey, that was just the voice." And while I'm sure they could bring back the Emperor, where exactly do you see it as "setup to bring back"?

I do think it was a bad idea to have the JK kill the Emperor, but unless they have the JK fall into a deep depression of "My whole life is a lie now" (doubtful) I just don't see it not being the JK killing the Emperor.

And while I'm sure they could bring back the Emperor, where exactly do you see it as "setup to bring back"?
Right at the basis of his character they wrote? He wants to kill everyone, including the Sith and the Imperial citizens/military etc. You don't get much more of a villain to the Empire than that :p

Right at the basis of his character they wrote? He wants to kill everyone, including the Sith and the Imperial citizens/military etc. You don't get much more of a villain to the Empire than that :p

And the reason Lord Scourge joins the JK and helps him kill the Emperor. The JK has to stop the guy who wants to destroy the universe.

And wants to kill everyone seems very Sith like to me. The question becomes, can they get away with it.

And the reason Lord Scourge joins the JK and helps him kill the Emperor. The JK has to stop the guy who wants to destroy the universe.
Good job JK, you delayed the Emperor. Body and soul are still alive though, as revealed in Warrior story.

And wants to kill everyone seems very Sith like to me.
Unless other Sith are completely moronic, it ain't like they will go "woah! That's sounds like a true Sith plan! Everyone, come and let the Emperor kill us yay!". Edited by Pietrastor

Good job JK, you delayed the Emperor. Body and soul are still alive though, as revealed in Warrior story.

Unless other Sith are completely moronic, it ain't like they will go "woah! That's sounds like a true Sith plan! Everyone, come and let the Emperor kill us yay!".

I've played all the storylines to completion, and I don't recall seeing anything that said the Emperor was alive and well, body and soul.

And if he doesn't have his body, I can imagine many Sith going "Yeah. You're dead. Make way for those who haven't died."

And many are moronic. You see it in the JK storyline when the Emperor has people who know the plan and still want to make it happen.

But my point wasn't that a Sith would say "Yeah! Kill me!" but rather "Yeah! That's my goal too!" :p

That isn't what I said at all. What I said was, the emperors hand lied to the warrior when they told you the emperors voice was defeated while you were dealing with Baras. It isn't possible when you fit it into a timeline.

That isn't what I said at all. What I said was, the emperors hand lied to the warrior when they told you the emperors voice was defeated while you were dealing with Baras. It isn't possible when you fit it into a timeline.

You're just reading too much into it. It was a figure of speech, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't mean that the two events took place simultaneously really.

There was no lie nor there was any deception; The main content of the e-mail, which stats that the Voice of the Emperor suffered a terrible blow at the hands of the Jedi Knight remains true. No need to be so picky about it.

I don't see how the Jedi Knight has anything to feel bad about, to me it was clear the Emperor wasn't "dead" from the start (probably in no small part due to playing the SW storyline first).

The JK still took down the most powerful thing the Empire has to offer, and pretty much crippled him for who knows how long.

Taking out the Emperor means there's no one there to steer the Dark Council on the right course, AKA against the Republic and NOT against each other.

And on top of that the Jedi Consular completely ruined his plans with the Children of the Emperor, completely exposing all of his sleeper agents.

And probably weakening him further while kicking his *** when he's possessing Syo Bakarn.

I don't see how the Jedi Knight has anything to feel bad about, to me it was clear the Emperor wasn't "dead" from the start (probably in no small part due to playing the SW storyline first).

The JK still took down the most powerful thing the Empire has to offer, and pretty much crippled him for who knows how long.

Taking out the Emperor means there's no one there to steer the Dark Council on the right course, AKA against the Republic and NOT against each other.

And on top of that the Jedi Consular completely ruined his plans with the Children of the Emperor, completely exposing all of his sleeper agents.

And probably weakening him further while kicking his *** when he's possessing Syo Bakarn.

The Emperor is never actually seen possessing Syo Bakarn if I remember correctly.

From what I was able to understand, Syo was a bit like Jekyll and Hyde, having two personalities, with one of them completely unawares of the other, not to mention that his speech patterns bears no resemble to the Emperor, when he possesses Kira aboard the Desolator.

The Emperor is never actually seen possessing Syo Bakarn if I remember correctly.

From what I was able to understand, Syo was a bit like Jekyll and Hyde, having two personalities, with one of them completely unawares of the other, not to mention that his speech patterns bears no resemble to the Emperor, when he possesses Kira aboard the Desolator.

Alternate personality that is implanted by the Emperor of his own.

I've played all the storylines to completion, and I don't recall seeing anything that said the Emperor was alive and well, body and soul.
You forgot/missed it then, because the Hand of the Emperor tells it to the Warrior at the end of Warrior story.

And many are moronic. You see it in the JK storyline when the Emperor has people who know the plan and still want to make it happen.

But my point wasn't that a Sith would say "Yeah! Kill me!" but rather "Yeah! That's my goal too!" :p

The delusional idiots who think "Emperor will totally resurrect me later" only go for the plan. In any case, it is absolutely obvious that Bioware wrote this character to have him easily be a villain for both factions.

Alternate personality that is implanted by the Emperor of his own.

It's fairly obvious that the alternate personality is heavily influenced by the Emperor, again, for more than obvious reasons but it's not the same as saying that it's the ACTUAL Emperor speaking, like it happened aboard the Desolator with Kira. In that specific case, it was truly the Emperor.

In the case of Syo, more of a Jekyll and Hyde kind of thing.