Pay 2 win crowd taking over

TheOne

No, in ten matches you can earn the ship, that's not the problem, the problem is people using purple converted req to buy skills, some I've seen have almost full skill sets and the damn thing just came out.

You don't use purple converted req to buy skills. You use the basic green ones you get from playing. If people are using the purple reqs to buy skills they are idiots and actually wasting cartel coins by converting them back to ship reqs.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't use purple converted req to buy skills. You use the basic green ones you get from playing. If people are using the purple reqs to buy skills they are idiots and actually wasting cartel coins by converting them back to ship reqs.

I've used around 500 converted req to buy skills, the more CC you have the more you can convert.

STOP THINKING F2P MEANS FREE. It DOESN'T. F2P = extended trial. If you like it, pay for it, if you don't then quit. I don't know where you were taught that you deserve to have things handed to you for free, but whoever said it lied.

Actually, it's even better than you state for free players: if they like it they STILL don't need to pay anything. They just need to be willing to go through the grind.

Also, one VERY IMPORTANT note: converting Reqs allows people who pay to upgrade their CHOSEN SHIP(s) faster, but does NOT grant them extra requisitions.

So this means that given the same amount of gameplay, a subscriber who doesn't convert CCs will gain JUST AS MANY requisitions as one who converts. The difference is that his Reqs will be distributed amongst his ships, while the one who converts will be putting more in a single ship's upgrade.

So sure, this means that in that same time the one who converts Reqs with CCs will have a ship that is significantly more upgraded, but the one who doesn't will have SEVERAL ships that have been upgraded. In the long term, the two will equalize anyway, and in the meantime the player who does not convert CCs will have a stable of upgraded ships instead of a single highly upgraded ship.

I've used around 500 converted req to buy skills, the more CC you have the more you can convert.

Not sure what to tell you but I'll go back to what you quoted of mine.... If people are using purple reqs they paid to convert for skills they are idiots.

Yes but instead of costing 5000 ship req for tier 3 skill, you can use purple req and cost goes down, wwwaaayyyy down.

It's my understanding that the devs intent is for matchmaking group players together with comparable ships/do a "gear check." Now right now maybe there isn't a large enough player pool to make that truly effective but if GSF matchmaking does a gear check then buying req with CC will only mean you start playing against similarly equipped players sooner. At least in theory players that take the fast track with CC could be less experienced/skilled than the players who didn't use CC, did the grind, and in so doing know all the subtle aspects of their fighter from the extensive playtime required unlike the fast track guy who didn't have all that playtime to learn their fighter in such detail.

Using purple reqs means they upgrade a ship faster. A fully upgraded ship (mastered) has a req bonus. Each ship in your hangar gets a 2x req rate for the first 500 reqs.

So, buy the two cartel ships, max our your bonus reqs, convert everything to purple, buy the two ships for purple comms now you can earn up to 3500 bonus reqs per day. Once you've bought all the ships, all the purple comms you have can be spent upgrading your ships. Focus on one ship in your hangar until it's mastered then continue to the next ship for even more comms bonuses.

Not stupid, insidious. Somebody willing to sink CC's into conversion will upgrade their ships much faster.

Yes but instead of costing 5000 ship req for tier 3 skill, you can use purple req and cost goes down, wwwaaayyyy down.

That's because it's using the green req, if something costs 8k req to buy it you need green req + purple >= 8k. It even tells you how much of each you're using.

For the love of all that is Holy, you can convert only stuff you have - that is stuff you earned.

If you have 1000 ship requisition you can convert it to fleet using cc. And when you convert all you have 0 ship requisition untill you fly, play and earn more.

So, where is that unlimited amount of convert?

Only things that you can is convert from other ships to upgrade 1 specific ship. In the end, same thing, you have to play to earn them.

ffs!

Not sure what to tell you but I'll go back to what you quoted of mine.... If people are using purple reqs they paid to convert for skills they are idiots.

Idiots with max skill sets third day into launch, try taking down an "A-Wing" with tier 3/4 shielding and gunnery. Very unfair to the normal folk , that's not saying they can't be killed, it's unfair to buy skills with real cash. Shouldn't be allowed. Ship purchase's yes , nothing wrong with that.

No it doesn't, it still costs the same amount of requisition. You are just getting fooled because you are only looking at one of the numbers. If you look more closely, you will see that it will use up both of your types of requisition to add up to the same cost.

When you use CC to convert Ship to Fleet, you are not creating new Requisition, you are just converting it. You will still have the same number of Requisition and it will still cost the same amount to buy upgrades.

For the love of all that is Holy, you can convert only stuff you have - that is stuff you earned.

If you have 1000 ship requisition you can convert it to fleet using cc. And when you convert all you have 0 ship requisition untill you fly, play and earn more.

So, where is that unlimited amount of convert?

Only things that you can is convert from other ships to upgrade 1 specific ship. In the end, same thing, you have to play to earn them.

ffs!

Yeah but you can buy skills via purple req, and skill faster.

I converted 10,000 Req (to buy 2 ships) and spent roughly 450 CC. That's less than you get for 1 month subscription.

They may be nickle-and-diming us but at least it's mostly reasonable. If they make the dyes and ships bought via the CM collectible I'd say I have no issue with the CM at all.

Funny thing is I was in a match last night and one person on our team was complaining because he was the only one that had bought the unlock for other ships and complained that we were bads because we didn't have ours unlocked yet. I guess spending CC to unlock a new ship makes someone a better player now a days lolz....

I just did a quick glance at the ships in the cartel market, didn't look at stats or w/e. Are those ships just reskins of what we already have? Do they have any type of flying/shooting advantages?

I converted 10,000 Req (to buy 2 ships) and spent roughly 450 CC. That's less than you get for 1 month subscription.

They may be nickle-and-diming us but at least it's mostly reasonable. If they make the dyes and ships bought via the CM collectible I'd say I have no issue with the CM at all.

Thank you for posting , garbage isn't it?

Have you used CC to purchase skills faster?

Edited by TheOne

I 100% disbelieve you have been playing nonstop the past 3 days and only have 3k requisition.

That is in no way true.

You would have to have lost every single match you played with 0 comms and turned in none of the quests to only have 3k requisition

The system is in place the way it is , so that people with CC can purchace skills way fast than non CC users, 5000 fleet req in less than 2 days? You really want me to buy that garbage?

Fleet Req is basically spendable Valor, something you CAN'T spend AT ALL. Instead of whining about not getting it fast enough, how about appreciating the fact you can actually spend it? To level valor you have to put in the time, why should Fleet Req be any different? If you don't want to put in the time, spend the CC.

If people got bonus Fleet Req, or special advantages, from spending CC your arguments would hold water but that's not the case. You can earn Fleet Req just like anyone else, and if you sub you can convert over 10k a month. The entire premise of this thread holds as much water as a sieve in the ocean.

It's my understanding that the devs intent is for matchmaking group players together with comparable ships/do a "gear check." Now right now maybe there isn't a large enough player pool to make that truly effective but if GSF matchmaking does a gear check then buying req with CC will only mean you start playing against similarly equipped players sooner. At least in theory players that take the fast track with CC could be less experienced/skilled than the players who didn't use CC, did the grind, and in so doing know all the subtle aspects of their fighter from the extensive playtime required unlike the fast track guy who didn't have all that playtime to learn their fighter in such detail.

Better shield and gun setup you have the longer you live , period......

Thank you for posting , garbage isn't it?

Have you used CC to purchase skills faster?

Nope, because the ship req you get is insanely fast. I pull in 500ish per match. I can play 3 matches and get an upgrade, something you can't do in regular PvP. Combine this with dailies and weeklies and I have some ships I've played twice with 4k ship req just wasting away (the starter ships).

It's not garbage. I'll say again: if you sub you can afford to convert, if you don't then you're on a trial game and need to quit whining about it. Complaining about something you get for free is just... ugh.

Fleet Req is basically spendable Valor, something you CAN'T spend AT ALL. Instead of whining about not getting it fast enough, how about appreciating the fact you can actually spend it? To level valor you have to put in the time, why should Fleet Req be any different? If you don't want to put in the time, spend the CC.

If people got bonus Fleet Req, or special advantages, from spending CC your arguments would hold water but that's not the case. You can earn Fleet Req just like anyone else, and if you sub you can convert over 10k a month. The entire premise of this thread holds as much water as a sieve in the ocean.

You can't use use fleet req to lower the cost of skills? I'm not whining just troubled to see pilots with tier 3 skills and high tier equipment third day into release, bought via CC.

Edited by TheOne