Reuseable potions are fantastic - reusable adrenals/stims are a horrible idea

deserttfoxx

Seriously bioware, did you guys think this through? 585 to a single stat for 15 seconds every 3minutes, FOR EVER! how is that balanced?

The stims should be consumable, charge based, 3 charges per craft and it is unique meaning you have to use those 3 charges before you can make another one.

As i see it now, most people will take up biochem in the future because those reuseable stims are just too insane to pass up, and i dont need to stay 400 synthweaving after i create my full tier 3 set.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U can say that on any skill, that why u need to actually have the skill to use the best BOP's it has. If u want to max lvl every class skill and make the best BoE's available to your class and move one? That's fine too. If u want to settle on biochem for the reusables that's perfectly fine. It's not a bug or glitch...

U can say that on any skill, that why u need to actually have the skill to use the best BOP's it has. If u want to max lvl every class skill and make the best BoE's available to your class and move one? That's fine too. If u want to settle on biochem for the reusables that's perfectly fine. It's not a bug or glitch...

Biochem requires biochem 400 to use the items.

I didnt say it was a bug or a glitch dude read, it gives 585 to any stat you decide to make. do you not understand how much of a buff that is? Clearly you dont because you dont.

And its permanent, this is a balance thing, not a bug or a glitch report.

To get to that point you have to invest time and money : those are purple. Lot of time and lot of money from my experience. If they were consumable like blue, even great consumable, it would be not worth at all the time and money to get. Actually scratch that I would not do biochem at all without the reusable for myself, because NOBODY is buying biochem stuff (at least under 50). So biochem get buff, heals and short buff which are reusable. Compare this to all other skills which get "permanents" (items) at all levels.

The only reason biochem looks so good, is because in comparison all other skills are *useless* once you reach 50.

I'm almost 400 biochem myself and I agree about those buffs. They are stupidly overpowered. They should be consumed on use. And medpac is overpowered as well. 8+k heal every 90 sec and reusable - way too much. Nerf the amount of healing at least. Edited by Kshahdoo

100% agreed with op.

That's insane.

He said it is not a bug, it is intended. You can take synthweaving and make the best gear for yourself, then switch. No one is stopping you.

Nope, you can't. Synthweaving doesn't make a best gear, so you can't make it in a first place.

Please stop trying to nerf the last useful profession. Kthxbye.

Just fix the other professions instead?

What you say for robe that adds 585 willpower (aside from standard willpower bonus) but requires Synthweaving skill of 400 to use it?

This would even the playfield.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

What you say for robe that adds 585 willpower (aside from standard willpower bonus) but requires Synthweaving skill of 400 to use it?

Sure, if it otherwise has no stats and only adds it for 15 seconds every three minutes. I mean, you would surely wear that, right?

Its about as balanced as lvl 50's in the same PVP warzone as lvl 10s. This game has never had a glimmer of balance, there is the online single player story and then there is the abyss we call the "rest of the game". Crafting falls under the abyss of "we ran out of time so we slapped this together ASAP".

Its about as balanced as lvl 50's in the same PVP warzone as lvl 10s. This game has never had a glimmer of balance, there is the online single player story and then there is the abyss we call the "rest of the game". Crafting falls under the abyss of "we ran out of time so we slapped this together ASAP".

LOL

This made me laugh.

QFE

The adrenals that are being referred to do not add 565 to any base stats, you might want to do alittle research before you say that. But it those add to secondary stats surge/crit/armor etc, they also required a craft material that only comes from drop in operations, maybe also hardmode end bosses ?

The real problem with the stims/adrenals are they are extremely expensixe to craft, and so not worth it at all unless its in the reuseable version. The blue version cost 2-3 times that of a blue/purple implant to make in mats.

I dont think anyone will want to pay 10k or more to get a 15sec boost. If they made them super cheap then there might be a market.

The blue stims last 2 hours so i think they are only usefull for raids/flashpoints, but thats it. If they lastet say 8 hours then a player might pay 10-20k for that extra 104stat boost for pvp or normal play.

As someone in another thread once said:

Why not try to provide ways to make other crafting BETTER, rather than trying destroy the only things that are beneficial?

Also, to the point of Biochem, note that without the reusable aspect, you may as well just buy all your medpacks and stims from vendors rather than craft them because if you're having to spend so much money to get a purple that is non-reusable it's not even worth the effort to craft them. Maybe they should lower the stat bonus that you gain from reusable stims, but that would be the ONLY thing they should change and that's ONLY if they fix all other crafting FIRST.

If they keep nerfing all of the crafting skills we're going to end up with ENTIRELY POINTLESS crafting and it will become a game mechanic that nobody bothers with at all. I LOVE crafting, but I think that this crafting system needs some work in a NON-NERFED DIRECTION.

That is all.

Seriously bioware, did you guys think this through? 585 to a single stat for 15 seconds every 3minutes, FOR EVER! how is that balanced?

The stims should be consumable, charge based, 3 charges per craft and it is unique meaning you have to use those 3 charges before you can make another one.

As i see it now, most people will take up biochem in the future because those reuseable stims are just too insane to pass up, and i dont need to stay 400 synthweaving after i create my full tier 3 set.

In adrenals you may have a point, but reusable stims are fine, they are not OP.

You can have all those buffs by buying those items yourself and using them when you need it even without being reusable, with biochem you just save money.

100% agreed with op.

That's insane.

Nope, you can't. Synthweaving doesn't make a best gear, so you can't make it in a first place.

The 585 buff is only for 15 seconds and not for primary stats... So no, to make it "even· the robe would have to have a on use effect that gives you 585 alacrity/critical/another secondary stat for 15 seconds with a 3 minute cd OR a slight less powerfull "buff"(meaning increase in stats over the non synthweaving ones) that is permanent.

Also, if i'm not mistaken those 585 adrenals require raiding.

The solution is easy. Make other professions do 1-2 items better than operations ones, but that require mats from operations and require the tradeskill to wear it, so that other crew skills become usefull. Biochem doesn't need nerfing, other crew skills needs buffing.

Edited by GengisKahn

Not gonna be a problem really, since all other profs than biochem sucks, everyone is gonna go biochem and voila, all balanced and fine :D

No, that definition of 'balanced' is really daft to be fair.

"The systems broken, but to hell with it I use it and everyone will switch to what I'm using so it's not a problem" is not a reason not to fix something.

It is however a strong reason not to take that persons feedback on the matter into account when rebalancing the system to actually work. :p

They only add to secondary stats, and +585 to crit/power is not actually that huge a buff. Using my power adrenal takes my +healing from 520 to around 610 or so. My heals hit for 100 more points. Stop the presses!

Secondary stats have steep DRs attached to them. It's why the clickable relics aren't very good compared to a matrix shard with your primary stat on it.

Rakata stims are the perk of biochem, they're what make it worth having at 400. Rather than taking them away, they should give every other crafting prof a static bonus to stats comparable to the difference between a Rakata stim and a normal stim.

Edited by Stillnotking

On that I have to partly agree. I have made a few WZ and then decide to completely drop it, until I am 50. The HP we have maybe the same but the difference in available skill make it useless to participate until 25-30 and at 50 at least you have equal potential.

Who had the utterly brilliant idea to mix people with different skills and level together, even with equalling HP ? Looks more like something they grafted later on without particular thought to it.

I think you have it the wrong way around. Reusable medpacs break the game. The other 2 are just nice minor perks, kind of like the permanent flasks for Alchemists in WoW.

How is that it breaks the game ? You can *buy* the same item with the same cooldown at a vendor, except it is gone each time you use it.

So all you get with the reusable stim and med , is that you spare money on the long run. on the short run you actually lose money as you have to pay for a lot of diplo mission to get the purple mats.

Actually , for the number of time I had to use medpack , and stim pack (mostly instance, as for levelling you rarely need them), I could simply have kept my blue one instead of reversing them to get the purple recept, and got enough out of them to keep playing without reusing med/stim.

ETA: and the blue one are better : they heal you for more due to HoT. The only saving grace on purple is that you spare money.

Edited by Aepervius