Servers on the decline again....

ZudetGambeous

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six month sub here. Never again will I look at the small savings afforded by a long term comitment as a reasonable course of action when subscribing for a game.

Lol! Same here brother. But donot feel too bad. Sometimes we have faith in a product based on our past experences and reacte because of that. Live and learn. :)

Ignoring data, attempting to bait people into speculating on things, and then accusing them of speculation after they answer your flame bait. Classic.

Will ask one more time.

You say the reason the servers are getting lighter is because its summer.

I am saying you cannot use that reason as to why the australian servers are lighter now than 2-3 months ago.

Using your reasoning they should be getting busier. They are not so your assumption is not correct.

Summer Movies= Again Sun was one of the best days in 3 weeks and that still doesnt explain Australian drops..

True but this does... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=501392

Just got of of Customer Support from Adam Internet.

Here is what the issue is as they have discovered it:

They have found that the company that owns the server that we play on has blocked a number of isp's and lines into the server from all over the world.

Not sure where that leave's us though.

Is a large number of people affected. Primarily from Australia.

I really like SWTOR, the only beef that i have with this game so far is i cant move my toons off of lord adraas to ebon hawk, all of my republic toons are on Ebon hawk and i dont have enough slots available. now my empire toons are just collecting dust on a dead server.

besides this issue the game is awesome in my opinion.

True but this does... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=501392

Is a large number of people affected. Primarily from Australia.

This problem has been going on for how long? Now if the problem just accured and someone tried to say look all three of those servers were heavy 4 days ago and now they are all standard your point would be valid.

The servers have been barely hitting standard for a few months now so this new issue wouldnt have caused it.

240 at peak times, i even get phased at times because its too full on the fleet. i really dont see the decline that you suggest OP!:confused:
Just laugh at the petulence & keep on playing. They'll eventually hyperventilate and move on to the next new MMO. Edited by GalacticKegger

Well Bioware you merged the servers. But you didn't address any of the underlying issues it seems. Servers are back on the decline.

Looking at the data from TORstatus we can see in the US:

Server name Population (07/15-07/29) Change

The Harbinger » ø 2.34 -0.11

Begeren Colony » ø 2.30 +0.15

The Bastion » ø 2.28 -0.15

Drooga's Pleasure Barge » ø 2.27 -0.08

The Ebon Hawk » ø 2.18 +0.06

Corellian Run » ø 2.11 +0.03

Jedi Covenant » ø 2.10 -0.02

The Shadowlands » ø 2.04 -0.09

Canderous Ordo » ø 2.03 -0.06

Prophecy of the Five » ø 1.97 -0.28

The Fatman » ø 1.86 -0.08

Jung Ma » ø 1.85 -0.01

Where the ø values are explained on their site (http://www.torstatus.com)

But basically the destination servers have seen a decline of -0.64 over the last 2 weeks... which is pretty drastic

EU servers are similar.

I guess Bioware secretly raised the population caps for the 3rd or 4th time? or the game is still declining?

Yawns... zzzZZZZZzzzz

- 1.3 has been and gone, players have burned through what little content was added and have taken their next break... nothing new

- Its summer time... holiday season has hit subs... nothing new

- Maybe Server Caps have been raised - - -big deal.. the game performance is still shockingly bad for many players and server lagging has become worse than it was at launch .. not even gunna bother with FPS cos we all know the score there... well maybe not all but mine has certainly gone a long way south since the transfers and higher server pops (but then I saw that coming all along.. put a mass back into the fleet and you just end up with a launch week scenario and all the bad FPS/lag issues all over again - but we all wanted servers to be busier I guess so this is the trade off :(

- BTW Red Eclipse server seems to be busy most times of the day, so compared to how things were when I was over on Colonel Tobin... any more than 20 on fleet is a major population improvement for me :rolleyes:

Edited by Bloodstealer

Yawns... zzzZZZZZzzzz

- 1.3 has been and gone, players have burned through what little content was added and have taken their next break... nothing new

Well this is suppost to be a MMO. MMO's are not designed for play one month take 3 months off, they are made so you always stay subbed and want to log in often.

- Its summer time... holiday season has hit subs... nothing new

What holiday season is in the summer? Also please explain the Australian server decline if you say its because of the summer.

- Maybe Server Caps have been raised - - -big deal.. the game performance is still shockingly bad for many players and server lagging has become worse than it was at launch .. not even gunna bother with FPS cos we all know the score there... well maybe not all but mine has certainly gone a long way south since the transfers and higher server pops (but then I saw that coming all along.. put a mass back into the fleet and you just end up with a launch week scenario and all the bad FPS/lag issues all over again - but we all wanted servers to be busier I guess so this is the trade off :(

Again you have no proof that caps were raised. So to use that as a reason is wrong.

- BTW Red Eclipse server seems to be busy most times of the day, so compared to how things were when I was over on Colonel Tobin... any more than 20 on fleet is a major population improvement for me :rolleyes:

So in your last statement your basically saying as long as the destination servers have more than 20 people on them there is nothing to worry about. We only need to worry when it gets down to 20?

I guess if you dont consider merging all the servers into a total of 26 servers dramatic then I guess your right.

Its also that people didnt rush into the content, its because the content is so easy that many people finished it so fast.

I'm talking post merge. That was the point.

I'm talking post merge. That was the point.

So we dont have to hunt for what you said because these forums nerfed the pyramids. Your comment was

"Looking over TOR status (which by its nature is NOT a good predictor of subs) I see SLIGHT decline. That's in line with the tendency to rush into the content and then stop logging in as people wait for new content.

What new content was added at the server merge? It was all fluff basically and there was no real new content added so to say people burned though it is crazy since there was none to burn though

You don't even see the decline on some servers. It's perfectly level on many of them.

You see the decline if you looked. Remember back when the servers first merged all the posts about OMG queue times of an hour or more on some cases. Also remember that most of the 26 servers except for the some of the RP and the Australian servers were full. Now look and most of them don not hit full(with the exception of this last sunday) in the last 2 weeks. The PVP servers are mostly standard now with occasionally hitty heavy. The PVE servers are doing better but still nothing like they were right after the merge.

I'm not worried. When we declined from 1.7 to 1.3, it was much more dramatic."

This is about pre-merges so why did you say you were talking about post merges? Like before the merge the servers dropped gradually and the similiar situation is happening after the merges.

The F2P model will be here in time for Christmas. Full cash shop with lots of goodies that would have been in regular content releases.

They have been hinting at it now for 2 months. The subscriptions will not sustain their required profit model.

F2P has turned DDO, LOTRO and several others from cancellation into very profitable.

EA is driving industry cash shop models from alternative downloadable content for console games to traditional pay per content PC games.

My prediction is that 1.4 will be the last regular update and with it will come the announcement of the full F2P model for November.

And there is nothing but good in such a move.

Told ya so :)