[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

They actually haven't lied to anyone, it appears there is a problem that they are aware of and they will fix it eventually, we would like a clarification on when this will happen because for some of us this is a big problem.

That is why an official statement would be much appreciated.

They didn't remove/disable these texture to mock us you know, but to fix some serious issues most likely, believe it or not they want their game to be in a perfect condition even more than we do.

People here would just want these texture issues resolved sooner rather than later.

Appreciated, but its does leave an awfull sour taste in the mouth when they start ninja fixing things :eek:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually haven't lied to anyone, it appears there is a problem that they are aware of and they will fix it eventually, we would like a clarification on when this will happen because for some of us this is a big problem.

That is why an official statement would be much appreciated.

They didn't remove/disable these texture to mock us you know, but to fix some serious issues most likely, believe it or not they want their game to be in a perfect condition even more than we do.

People here would just want these texture issues resolved sooner rather than later.

Well, I don't necessarily believe that they will eventually fix it at this point. I had hoped that was the case. Stephen Reid said that was the case. But then this stealth change on the PTR with removing the Medium option altogether and making the current Medium the new "High" has me worried that they no longer intend to ever implement the high res textures. At least with the non-working High setting in there, it was clearly a bug and it seemed like it would eventually be fixed. By removing the option altogether, I am concerned that their version of a "fix" is simply to eliminate the option indefinitely.

I actually went ahead and downloaded ati tray tools and boosted AF and AA to a stupid degree and the games looks now acceptable. There is a still an obvious difference when you do the holocron thingy and still makes me pissed.

In the first place we shouldn't even have to force so many graphic settings from external software to make the game look "decent" this should be in the game and even more considering that holocron textures look great is like slap in the face every time i activate that thing

Believe it or not, they actually want their game to function correctly as much as we do. This isn't an issue they would ever sweep under the rug. Just wait for an official response to it instead of making crazy assumptions based on something on the PTR.

Granted it does require a little effort on your end and has the potential to make the game unstable, but has anyone on this thread modified their client INI file to get a better looking game? While playing I feel like my game looks as good, if not better, than the cut scenes. I have never had a single issue with FPS or the game ever crashing running at 1920x1080. <knocks on wood> This is all while running:

AMD X4 3.2ghz

Nvidia 560TI

16gb Corsair Vengeance PC12800 DDR3

Yeah I am the 3rd person on the planet without a twitter account.:p

I do like the game and think it looks OK as it is. But publishing/printing screenshots to the media that the consumer can not obtain in the release client is just wrong.

Let me advertise my shiny red Boss 302 Mustang, pimped out, waxed to a high gloss, tires shined, Rims sparkling in the noon day sun.

You get there and I drive around in a faded red, dull paint job car, no wax, tires dirty and unpimped out basically.

Would that be considered fair? Could a person be pissed within reason?

I like SWTOR and might play it for a month or 2. But what they are doing with the media adverts is wrong. No matter what spin you put on it.

Yeah I am the 3rd person on the planet without a twitter account.:p

I do like the game and think it looks OK as it is. But publishing/printing screenshots to the media that the consumer can not obtain in the release client is just wrong.

Let me advertise my shiny red Boss 302 Mustang, pimped out, waxed to a high gloss, tires shined, Rims sparkling in the noon day sun.

You get there and I drive around in a faded red, dull paint job car, no wax, tires dirty and unpimped out basically.

Would that be considered fair? Could a person be pissed within reason?

I like SWTOR and might play it for a month or 2. But what they are doing with the media adverts is wrong. No matter what spin you put on it.

Seriously, Idon't know any other game where the ads and the final product were this much off.

Anyone can think of one?

Believe it or not, they actually want their game to function correctly as much as we do. This isn't an issue they would ever sweep under the rug. Just wait for an official response to it instead of making crazy assumptions based on something on the PTR.

This attitude is what allows companies to step on customers.

I think that's what we're doing. Waiting for an official comment/response. It's hard not to draw our own conclusions about what the undocumented changes on the PTR might imply, but I think every single one of us is still holding out SOME hope at least until we get an official reply.

I know for myself at least, this is a huge issue. A game to come out that is such a huge AAA title , and then not to have AA or High-Res Textures? If they come out and say that they will no longer be working on fixing the high res textures, and that Medium will be the new high, I might just cancel. I want to love the game, but really comon, if they are going to treat issues like that then I don't want to support the game truthfully.