Should We Have All The Gathering Skills

Altairibnalaha

Hey guys i'm obviously a newbie but i've been thinking why cant we have all the gathering skills and one main crafting ? makes sense as more money making the world go round and making crafting easier while keeping a good amount of money

Because credits are so easy to come by in this game already, it's ridiculous. When you hit 50 and start doing dailies you'll see.

if every1 had easy access to all crafting skills, there would be no market. why would i buy off you, if i could make everything myself? the way it is now, i can make orange gear, but i need to buy off other ppl to get the mods for this gear, and i need to buy off some1 else to get a weapon, and so on. this is what drives the market

if every1 had easy access to all crafting skills, there would be no market. why would i buy off you, if i could make everything myself? the way it is now, i can make orange gear, but i need to buy off other ppl to get the mods for this gear, and i need to buy off some1 else to get a weapon, and so on. this is what drives the market

I'd agree that this is the main reason, but I think its just how poorly developed the crafting skills are in this game.... I love SWTOR and not meaning to bash it, but I think most would agree with that....

I play another MMO where everyone gets all the gathering skills and all the crafting skills, but they are so indepth that it takes so much effort and time to just do a couple much less all them, that most people only bother with one or two and it seems to work extemely well, I dont even craft because of it, but buy from others...

I'd agree that this is the main reason, but I think its just how poorly developed the crafting skills are in this game.... I love SWTOR and not meaning to bash it, but I think most would agree with that....

I play another MMO where everyone gets all the gathering skills and all the crafting skills, but they are so indepth that it takes so much effort and time to just do a couple much less all them, that most people only bother with one or two and it seems to work extemely well, I dont even craft because of it, but buy from others...

I agree that the simplicity of the system makes the OP's suggestion a bad idea. But I would not call the crew skill system "poorly developed". It caters to the casual player and casual players typically do not want to spend a lot of time on crafting - they want to be able to get the materials needed in a reasonable amount of time and/or effort and/or credits spent and be able to craft what they want in a reasonable amount of time. But it also has the ability to handle the "more dedicated" crafter (through the RE system). in SWG, the crafting system was very complex but the crafted equipment was, in many cases, also the best available. In SWTOR, this is not the case. So, a complex crafting system is not needed.

This type of suggestion has been made in WoW for YEARS - WoW only allows you to have two professions (two gathering, two crafting or one of each does not matter). And I will say here what I said there: What's good for the individual is not necessarily good for the community.

Sure it would be great if you could gather and do missions for all the materials you need for any given crafting crew skill. But if you can do it, EVERYONE can do it too. Why would anyone buy from you when they can get it themselves?