Set bonus is not transfering along with the Armoring mod ?

Silentzium

As far as i read from the patch notes, the set bonus should transfer to any piece of orange gear by moving the armoring slot, however , today when i extracted my battlemaster armoring mod and transfered it to an orange shell, the set bonus remained on the empty battlemaster item.

Is this intended or did i read all the info backwards ?

As far as i read from the patch notes, the set bonus should transfer to any piece of orange gear by moving the armoring slot, however , today when i extracted my battlemaster armoring mod and transfered it to an orange shell, the set bonus remained on the empty battlemaster item.

Is this intended or did i read all the info backwards ?

It only works with the NEW gear with set bonuses(War Hero, and Campaign). Our current gear(centurion, champion, battlemaster, tionese, columi, and rakata) does not move the set bonus when you move the armoring, you are simply moving the armoring. Even if it says that the part of the gear is filled when you put it in an orange you do not get the bonus(I tested it today). They misrepresented it in the patch notes with how they worded it making it pretty much a bait and switch.

It only works with the NEW gear with set bonuses(War Hero, and Campaign). Our current gear(centurion, champion, battlemaster, tionese, columi, and rakata) does not move the set bonus when you move the armoring, you are simply moving the armoring. Even if it says that the part of the gear is filled when you put it in an orange you do not get the bonus(I tested it today). They misrepresented it in the patch notes with how they worded it making it pretty much a bait and switch.

What the heck! :mad:

Oh common ! This was suppose to work with old armorings as well. So now my choice is to either play in a set with no set bonus, spend another 500k credits to move all the mods back or farm till my eyes bleed for the new war hero set ?

....and to think i used to enjoy playing this game.

Oh common ! This was suppose to work with old armorings as well. So now my choice is to either play in a set with no set bonus, spend another 500k credits to move all the mods back or farm till my eyes bleed for the new war hero set ?

Yup. pretty much a cluster ****.

It's actually been known (and fought) by players on the PTS for at least a few weeks. The threads used to be all over the place. Can't imagine how you missed it.

It's actually been known (and fought) by players on the PTS for at least a few weeks. The threads used to be all over the place. Can't imagine how you missed it.

Believe it or not.. not every player reads forums. The vast majority of players don't even log the forums once. ( talking about the vast majority that are casuals and play SWTOR )

Forums are optional when the patch notes are written by someone proficient at English.

Unless it was intentional. To fool people into subbing one more month.

I'ved been looking at the PTS forums quite a bit to be honest. While i do admit that the threads about the armors didn't interest me much after the bazzilionth question about the RE chances to craft an orange gear or the stat rollback but i never saw a thread relating to armorings. Maybe i just missed it or it was filed under some weird name.

It does not work with the new gear...no Armorings ingame have the set bonus linked to them.

Hopefully just an oversight (fixed with today's patch perhaps?) and not just another 1.2 promise BW was lying about.

I also was under the assumption the old stuff would transfer spent 500k /sadface but I only need 4 peices for the set so I got to change my chest!!! and I now almost look cool. (I had all rakata but the chest so I stood out like a sore thumb)

• 4 weeks later...
Um actually they do transfer with at least battlemaster I haven't tested others. you just have to look at your old gear. you won't see the bonus on the moddable gear you transfered to. eg Im wearing Kaligs Countenance with all the Force-master Battlemaster mods and armoring in it. and still get my 4 set bonus.