lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

Can one of the people bashing 2.0 PVP give a good reason on what is wrong with it?

I personally am glad that I don't have to do weird things like get assassin gear on my sorc and pull the mods out, or get columi gear and put the mods in pvp gear for bonuses. PVP is a lot more fast paced, and alot more balanced now. I challenge anyone to a civil discussion on why its not.

more balanced? Really?

Apparently both sides having the exact same classes at their disposal with ALL the same mirrored abilities wasn't balanced before? You people make me laugh.

Sorry, no amount of bolster is gonna make it anymore balanced than it was before.....and this fast paced fun you are having will not have learned you anything by the time you hit the 55 bracket.

Edited by painterwhit

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its in the course of being implemented. this patch last night was just to turn on RotHC for everyone that has bought the expansion.

we are expecting to see a fix for bolster on Tuesday this week.

Thanks for your time answering Cashogy. So I will still play naked 3 hours from now :)

May the force be with you in your endeavours. I wanted to say good luck but we all know there is no such thing :p

more balanced? Really?

Apparently both sides having the exact same classes at their disposal with ALL the same mirrored abilities wasn't balanced before? You people make me laugh.

Sorry, no amount of bolster is gonna make it anymore balanced than it was before.....and this fast paced fun you are having will not have learned you anything by the time you hit the 55 bracket.

There we go folks. A half *** response from someone who probably lives to grind gear. You offered no constructive points and made some assumptions about me not having level 55 characters. Face it, pvp has never been more balanced, but I'm sorry you can't wtfpwn casuals in recruit with your 1337 gear.

i find it hilarious that people are complaining about others doing too much damage. Guess what? You can do it too.

Edited by Boomer-

Can one of the people bashing 2.0 PVP give a good reason on what is wrong with it?

I personally am glad that I don't have to do weird things like get assassin gear on my sorc and pull the mods out, or get columi gear and put the mods in pvp gear for bonuses. PVP is a lot more fast paced, and alot more balanced now. I challenge anyone to a civil discussion on why its not.

Maybe if you bothered to read the OP, you will find your answer.

"The net result is WH/EWH will have no Expertise and increased stats"

I don't understand. Does this mean it will have no expertise in WZ's or are you literally altering the stats of the WH gear? I would have a big problem if you guys are removing expertise from gear I purchased specifically because it had expertise on it. In fact, I would want my comms refunded.

I'm reasonably sure that they are going to bolster the effective stats of the old pvp gear so that it is like it is pve gear instead which will make it better pvp gear.

Why bother? It's not as if this isn't EXACTLY the same stuff that was reported on the PTS.

Why start giving a damn now?

Oh Bioware.

PTS is more controlled and its seems most developers only seem to use it to back log bugs so when the game is released and a mass of the customers start screaming they realize its a real bug and get cracking on fixing it.

Bolstering the the 55 warzones? Really? I don't know where the devs get this stuff from.

I just saw the top performer in a 55 warzone running with level 43 gear, no relics, and no off hand.

What is the point of grinding gear if you can just wear crap or nothing at all in some slots and get bolstered up beyond someone with proper gear?

Bolstering needs to be removed from the 55's immediately.

Bolstering the the 55 warzones? Really? I don't know where the devs get this stuff from.

I just saw the top performer in a 55 warzone running with level 43 gear, no relics, and no off hand.

What is the point of grinding gear if you can just wear crap or nothing at all in some slots and get bolstered up beyond someone with proper gear?

I agree, end game PVP should not be bolstered but have free entry level gear like before. I enjoy grinding for endgame pvp gear to give me a 5-10% advantage over players without the gear. I liked how in regular WZ's there was always a random mix of geared/ungeared, making grouping up with other geared players be the most viable way to dominate regular Wz's. This is a MULTIPLAYER game I like that when I play with other good people it gets better!

Do you guys not read anything? Do you spend so much time raging and venting that you become incapable of reading any updates whatsoever?

These PvP threads should be locked until Tuesday.

There we go folks. A half *** response from someone who probably lives to grind gear. You offered no constructive points and made some assumptions about me not having level 55 characters. Face it, pvp has never been more balanced, but I'm sorry you can't wtfpwn casuals in recruit with your 1337 gear.

i find it hilarious that people are complaining about others doing too much damage. Guess what? You can do it too.

and I find it hilarious that a system where both sides have access to the same classes/abilities is deemed unbalanced by people that GET wtfpwned by others

I agree, end game PVP should not be bolstered but have free entry level gear like before.

Bolster is the free entry level gear. The target is to bolster all gear to the level of the "new recruit set," which does not exist. Rather than putting in another disposable set of gear, they revised the bolster to give the stats that gear would have had, regardless of what you're wearing. If you grind for the "real" PvP gear, then you will have stats that are somewhat better.

This is exactly what they said they are working toward in last week's dev posts. Bolster has problems at this point, but the end result is that it will put everyone at a uniform, entry level footing, which is targeted to be at the point a level 55 recruit set would have had you at (which in turn is a point a good bit closer to BiS than was the case pre-2.0).

The only difference after 2.0 is that instead of doing a click-quest to get your "recruit gear," now all you have to do is step into a warzone.

Edited by Heezdedjim

So if I am understanding the upcoming changes to WH/EWH gear you are going to replace the expertise with other core stats and then allow the bolster system to add back in expertise in WZs? Does this mean we will need to restore the armor back to it's original state before hand? IE do I need to put back in the Modification and Enhancement that it came with or are you guys going to work around that?

Eric,

Still wondering what will happen to the WH/EWH gear that you could swap mods on... Are you removing EXP from the armoring/hilts/barrels/mods/enh or are you going to do what you did to BM gear last time?

I got an update here, as far as he is aware yes this will be happening. including customized gear.

I might sound like a broken record, but gear was never really an issue in this game...

It is all about class balance and resolve. While the game might seem "balanced" now, you can't even determine what the class changes did to the game because TTK is WAY TOO LOW... I suspect class balancing is really why it seems more balanced and not Bolster...

Proof?

Who would you choose to have on your team in the old system (assuming similar "skill" level, and from a damage output perspective (inb4 Sage utility blah, blah"))?

A: WH/EWH DPS SAGE/SORC

B: RECRUIT SWEEP/SMASH GUARD/JUGGY

Ur dead wrong if you chose "A".

If you think gear is such a factor, then please explain this situation.... I can almost guarantee the "top PvP teams" don't play UP specs/AC's.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Just like to know if you guys found the bug that made some war zones lock up at the end and not giving you the points or medals won in battle it cost me two wins the other day on the weekly. Edited by higginsjf

Just like to know if you guys found the bug that made some war zones lock up at the end and not giving you the points or medals won in battle it cost me two wins the other day on the weekly.

I think it's been around for awhile. It has only happened to me in civil war though. You can probably send in a ticket

I think it's been around for awhile. It has only happened to me in civil war though. You can probably send in a ticket

It has only happened to me in Civil War as well. If you stay long enough, you get to run around the map like a maniac. :D

I have many screenshots of my whole team playing xanthas in a line by the middle node.

Reminds me of a quote from a popular german series: "If you find you have bet on the REALLY, REALLY wrong horse.. you have to STICK with it." This seems to be what the devs are doing.

Good job effin every PvPer, especially those who have no interest in the PvE content.

Okay, so what exactly is going to happen to our WH/EWH relics? are we going to just have pure 120 power/shield with expertise removed, or will they be converted to some kind of BS 90 endurance + on use power or worse on proc power/shield? I use these for PVE, so I don't care if the expertise is removed, but I don't want the pve stats themselves altered/lowered.

I am a loyal customer since the pre release of this game one year ago.

I just spent 10 k coms to get new pvp items for my main toon. I am now mostly geared in new pvp lvl 63 armorings, mods and sophistications with some old pvp lvl 61 remaining here and there (2 WH lvl 61 sophistications).

I hope this new patch won't mess up my gear because if it is the case I am definitely unsubing as soon as the fecal matter hits the rotary device.

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

I started playing this game when it was first released a year or so ago and the PVP grind was VERY challenging (those who remember the *********** warzone bags that gave you an item 10% of the time know what i'm talking about)

You know, I really enjoy this game, otherwise i wouldn't bother to post here, but It's truly quite disappointing to see that the developers have opted to "soften" things up to compensate for people who "get their faces stepped in the mud"

It really puzzles me when i see the MULTITUDE of negative responses towards the updates. I really hope you (bioware) don't **** things up again as you did in the past with the century long awaited RANKED WZ patch, server transfers and so on which killed a very large population of your players.

underworld 72 hilt/barrel... affected by the bolster? weapon damage tuned down?

or would i get less expertise and benefit from its origininal high amount of weapon damage...

id pass on 68 exp for underworld hilts/barrels weapon damage is significantly more...