Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vader wiped out the Jedi Order, Revan sat behind a desk and managed to kill his own apprentice.

Isn't that hard to suss out for me.

Yet he could see a threat that no one could, and do something about it when no one would.

There is more to the force then battle prowess.

And in this vader was like a blind baby.

Watch this conversation of HK47 with the exile, its proof that revan knew alot more then the exile ever did of the force and of life itself. He in a way forseen How Surik would eventualy die, given how she naturaly was.

And He inspired heroes including the exile, to do the right thing. I could easly see that with out Revan, the galatic republic could easly be utter destroyed by the Empire at any given time.

He was crucial, in leaving instructions to his alies to keep the republic strong, and to hold back the emperor mind, for centuries. He gave the time needed to the republic.

Imagine if the empire had striked 300 years earlier.

Imagine if the mandalorians had conquered the republic leaving the galaxy for the sith empire. all that would happen without Revan.

It wasnt surik breaking from the jedi order, and do something about this threat.

It was Revan.

Revan was proactive, Surik was reactive. And in the end i belive she died because of this.

The only thing that Vader acomplished was destroying the jedi order, and yes in the end he was redeemed by his son, but you cant possibly say that vader did something good to the galaxy. He actualy helped to broke it.

well just my thoughts, there is no need to begin a flame war, i like these 3 characters, but i think power in the force comes in much more ways then simply battle prowess.

Actualy after i rewatched this conversation with HK, it maked more sense the death of the exile , the way it was in the Revan book.

Edited by Spartanik

Yet he could see a threat that no one could, and do something about it when no one would.

There is more to the force then battle prowess.

watch this conversation of HK47 with the exile, its proof that revan knew alot more then the exile ever did of the force and of life itself. He in a way forseen How Surik would eventualy die, given how she naturaly was.

And He inspired heroes including the exile, to do the right thing. I could easly see that with out Revan, the galatic republic could easly be utter destroyed by the Empire at any given time.

He was crucial, in leaving instructions to his alies to keep the republic strong, and to hold back the emperor mind, for centuries. He gave the time needed to the republic.

Imagine if the empire had striked 300 years earlier.

Imagine if the mandalorians had conquered the republic leaving the galaxy for the sith empire. all that would happen without Revan.

It wasnt surik breaking from the jedi order, and do something about this threat.

It was Revan.

Revan was proactive, Surik was reactive. And in the end i belive she died because of this.

well just my thoughts, there is no need to begin a flame war, i like these two characters.

actualy after i rewatched this conversation, it makeed more sense that teh exile died the way she died in the Revan book.

This is Vader vs Revan, why are you even bringing up Surik? learn to read the topic next time lol.

This is Vader vs Revan, why are you even bringing up Surik? learn to read the topic next time lol.

I didnt finished editing....

why everything with you is a piss macth? are you overcoming for something?

kids this days... :confused:

And i did bring surik to the debate because i know how this pisses you off :D

Because you know!?

Me bringing her into this debate isnt a big deal, but aparently i hit it right or you wouldnt responded the manner you did.

Edited by Spartanik

I didnt finished editing....

why everything with you is a piss macth? are you overcoming for something?

kids this days... :confused:

Again, why are you bringing up the Exile in a Vader vs Revan thread? seriously? Vader vs Revan, not The Exile vs Revan.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Revan didn't sit around and do nothing. He wasn't like Sid who just barked orders like "You do this, you kill them, and I'll stay here and play Angry Birds on my iPhone...go on, Shoo. Shoo!"

Revan saw a threat and he did something about it. he knew there was a bigger threat than the Mandalorians behind the scenes, so he didn't wait around for it to come out and bit them in the *** when they least expect it, like the Jedi Council did. Revan went out to deal with the problem to try and stop the threat from ever happening. Revan may not have stopped the Sith Emperor, but he definitely delayed him long enough for the Republic and the Jedi Order to recover itself.

You remember what was said in KotoR2? After the end of the "Jedi Civil War", barely a 100 Jedi remained, and a number of them were hunted down and killed by Nihilus' Assassins. More than half the Jedi Council was killed during all that as well. And if you listened to G0-T0, the Republic itself was on the verge of ruin because it's infrastructure was decimated by the wars. If the Empire had invaded then, they'd have steamrolled over the Republic.

Again, why are you bringing up the Exile in a Vader vs Revan thread? seriously? Vader vs Revan, not The Exile vs Revan.

If you must know was to prove a point.

An example. Again why this concern you so much?

oh wait i know newsflash rayla the exile fanboy. :rolleyes:

If you must know was to prove a point.

An example. Again why this concern you so much?

oh wait i know newsflash rayla the exile fanboy. :rolleyes:

You ended up proving nothing but the fact you were attempting a personal attack.

Also, I can only laugh at your assumption of my gender.

You ended up proving nothing but the fact you were attempting a personal attack.

Also, I can only laugh at your assumption of my gender.

what assumption, i dont care about your gender.... whataver.

My point was very simple indeed.

Revan acomplish much more then vader.

what assumption, i dont care about your gender.... whataver.

My point was very simple indeed.

Revan acomplish much more then vader.

'fanboy' implies that I am male.

Revan accomplished more than The Chosen One? okay.

Regardless, in battle Vader is very clearly the bigger fish here, he dominated everybody but Sidious after he was inserted into the suit, he led a galaxy wide purge of the Jedi Order, the Jedi that is the Golden Age Jedi, were slaughtered whole sale, Vader took on Battle Master Cin Drallig and his apprentices at the same time and defeated them all, that states everything in and of itself.

Revan was good, very good because he knew a wide array of abilities, but he and everyone else in the KotOR era had been surpassed only three hundred years later by the likes of Grand Master Satele, the Jedi Knight, the Jedi Consular and others.

The basic training and development, at least of the Jedi Order, was a growing thing, the Jedi Order learned and honed, every generation was simply better than the last, the Order had stopped it's common practice of Ataru as the predominant lightsaber style after the Jedi Civil War, it's aggressiveness and lack of defence was deemed only suitable for higher ranking Jedi Knights, Soresu and Niman became common place.

The Jedi Order evolved over the many generations, until it had hit it's Golden Age, Revan is simply out-dated, by a long time.

The Sith was at the apex of it's power, never had the Sith garnered so much power than with Sidious and Vader, as two individuals they were able to share much bigger slices of the pie if you will, as put forth by Darth Bane.

Vader was a dominant monster in combat, practically un-killable by all but the most serious injuries, Starkiller one of the most rawly powerful Force Users ever, someone Sidious saw as having nearly enough potential as Anakin had, just barely defeated an uninterested Vader.

Vader could take on 90% of the Sith and Jedi we have seen and most probably win, because that is how powerful he was.

You know how powerful Luke was as Grand Master, even at 40% strength Grand Master Luke had a very good chance at taking on Sidious and defeating him, Vader IS around 40% as powerful as Grand Master Luke.

Only thing stopping him from having a chance against Sidious were the facts that Sidious had made sure to have all the advantages against Vader, and he did.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Revan accomplished more than The Chosen One? okay.

chosen one kinda says it all really. vader was more god like than any jedi or sith, even his birth resembles that of a certain religious figure. revan was cool as i said before its hard to be cool and a jedi but revan pulls it off. but he is not stronger than vader

chosen one kinda says it all really. vader was more god like than any jedi or sith, even his birth resembles that of a certain religious figure. revan was cool as i said before its hard to be cool and a jedi but revan pulls it off. but he is not stronger than vader

Well theres taht i dont want to dissmiss that, but manny people know that it was his son luke that reached his potencial not vader, without luke Vader woulndt be able to be redeemed. If you realy look at vader all he did wa sbe the chosen one and screw up on that, he couldnt handle the presure, you cant say he was great chosen one.

was off course very powerfull, but not as much as could be. Tell me of what he acomplished for the good of the galaxy? he helped to destroy the republic, he alowed himself be "controled" by sidious he destry the jedi order, well that goes for ballance in the force :D joking.

And off course in the end he kills sidious, with a litle push of his son in the right direction... the worst part is Sidious didnt died at all. But at least the force was ballanced again. Overall he did one good thing, was to father padmé to give birth to leia and luke, without luke Vader couldnt possible revert back to Anakin. :cool:

Whoever says that Vader would beat Revan is out of their mind. Vader got his butt kicked by Luke in a one-on-one fight. Revan has taken tons of sith at the same time, remember the last level, the star forge. Revan is way too powerfull for Vader. All that would be left of him is a pile of circuts.

Whoever says that Vader would beat Revan is out of their mind. Vader got his butt kicked by Luke in a one-on-one fight. Revan has taken tons of sith at the same time, remember the last level, the star forge. Revan is way too powerfull for Vader. All that would be left of him is a pile of circuts.

Luke himself later admitted that if Vader would have wanted to kill him he could have done so the entire time, in-fact he could have in ESB, his love for his son and the reminder of Padme conflicted Vader with what remained of Anakin Skywalker.

But make no mistake, EU Vader could handle anybody but Sidious.

To be honestly until someone writes about it it could happen either way.

Im saying this because there was rumor that revan and darth bane were meant to apear in the TV show the clone wars in the Mortis episodes, they had models and such already built, but they figure to not put those characters in the episodes. I recon they were mean to apear as force ghosts, if anakin or not would do battle with then is unknowned.

I would honestly say Revan were a macth for vader and vader was certainly a macth for Revan. il say a tie. They all end up falling from a building or something :eek:

• 4 months later...

The 6 jedi(few of them being masters and one with a cortosis blade) that Vader killed on Kessel who had set a trap for him, would like a word with you.

Yoda had made the Jedi Order weak, and he knew it himself.

The master of Ataru-Yoda

Master of Vaapad- Mace Windu

Master of Soresu- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Masters of Djem So- Plo Koon and Anakin

Master of Shii-Cho- Kit Fisto

Master of all seven forms- Cin Drallig

These powerful Jedi would like a word with you. The only pre PT era Jedi and Sith that could even touch these guys are: Exar Kun, maybe Meetra Surik, Nihilus, Vitiate.

Feel free to add anyone.

The master of Ataru-Yoda

Master of Vaapad- Mace Windu

Master of Soresu- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Masters of Djem So- Plo Koon and Anakin

Master of Shii-Cho- Kit Fisto

Master of all seven forms- Cin Drallig

These powerful Jedi would like a word with you. The only pre PT era Jedi and Sith that could even touch these guys are: Exar Kun, maybe Meetra Surik, Nihilus, Vitiate.

Feel free to add anyone.

Mace Windu a master of all 7 forms and the greatest master of Vapaad. With the ability, Shatterpoint, he would tear through just about everyone pre Clone Wars..

Yes, I am a Windu Fanboy :p