Hood down toggle confirmed!

Argolisk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how they are taking there sweet time getting any sort of hood down option (toggle or just hood down versions) in game mean while every single jedi knight on the main page ticker has there hood down...

I KNOW!! I hate to complain about seeminly inconsequential things but this is SOOOO INCREDIBLY OBNOXIOUS! Even all of the trailers for the game leading to the games launch showed hoods down in all of the game play footage. Then the game launched and it's just freakin' HOODS GALORE!

I really REALLY hope that they fix this soon. :(

rejoice my brothers and sisters.

This is taken directly from the 2/17 community q&a segment:

Niklaswb: When will you make it possible for force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in game update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your force-slinging companions as well.

Our prayers are answered. Its coming!

finally!

Do you people look at the dates on these things?

Yay! 2 month old thread rez... Oh and still no toggle btw. Dont hold your breath.

It'll get addressed eventually, though, which is enough for me as a first time reader of the thread . . .and yeah, I did see the date of the first post, thanks.

So, uh . . .yay. :rolleyes:

This is by far the most annoying thing with being a Jedi, especially a Guardian. On the sith side there are many hood down robes, but there is not even 1 hood down orange robe on Jedi Knight, sure there are some armors without a hood, but that is because it has not hood. It is like they did the opposite of what looks cool, sith looks cooler with the hood up, Jedi looks better with the hood down... sigh

I just hope they do this right, but I fear the toggle will just completly remove the hood all together, not replace it with the hood down model we see on almost all screenshots and trailer for the game. I rather have a hood up than no hood at all. But thankfully, they did put in a pretty good looking armor on the legacy vendor. Just need to get my legacy level to 10, which should not be long now.... Though it costs way to much for those pieces... It is like they just had to punish you a little for getting to legacy level 10...

Do you people look at the dates on these things?

Yay! 2 month old thread rez... Oh and still no toggle btw. Dont hold your breath.

Um... Still No toggle Because They CLEARLY stated That it would be included in an update ... AFTER 1.2.... which has not happened yet..... Now If they Don't have it In By 1.3 maybe thats the time to start doubting it.... My guess would be they will more likely slip it in, in a smaller update between 1.2 & 1.3 hopefully not to far away.

As for the thread necro... yeah You got a point there... this is in the Q&A AND has had countless threads, no need to keep bringing this back.

I would love this feature to be implemented, I'm currently a Jedi Guardian lvl 33 and i'm using custom trooper armor to avoid the terrible hood, its cool to use sometimes, but during all the leveling is boring!!!

Please devs, implement this feature at once!!!

Even the Jedis on Tython (NPOs) look cooler with the hood down

The hilarious thing is that a toggle was never truly necessary if they would just have added some of the hood down armor versions that NPCs and Sith Warriors have access to it would have been fine, I really don't get why they are so reluctant to do it Edited by Andronicos

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
And now we just need to work on them changing the big butt in robes!

Well considering this was an acknowledged "fix" in the works 6 months ago, and we still have no ETA on it, seeing as how BW is just now trying to gather info on the big butts for you body type 1 and 2 people, I dunno how long that might take. Honestly I believe the butt thing is a render issue with the engine, not a graphics misplacement because of how the preview window looks.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this since we are coming up on 1.4 and this supposedly was being worked on pre 1.2....months ago. Or is there some super duper 'Hoods down' update that I missed?

Have any of the Dev team given a RECENT update to this 'issue?'

Edited by Ryeko

Just bumping this since we are coming up on 1.4 and this supposedly was being worked on pre 1.2....months ago. Or is there some super duper 'Hoods down' update that I missed?

Have any of the Dev team given a RECENT update to this 'issue?'

don't forget about chat bubbles too :p