Hood down toggle confirmed!

Argolisk

REJOICE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

This is taken directly from the 2/17 Community Q&A Segment:

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Our prayers are answered. Its coming!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news! Kind of makes me want to play another character until it happens though... I believe they said that 1.2 is coming in March, and since this won't be in 1.2... April-May at the earliest?

Bah... I need to stop being negative. It's coming, and that's all that matters!

I haven't gotten a hood yet...but I guess this is good? I like hoods. But the option to have it up/down is definitely a good idea. :rod_eyes_p:

When you do get a hooded armor, you will probably never see your hair again. I am happy they are actually going to implement a hood toggle. I cancelled my sub this month because of this issue and will not return until it is fixed. I like the hoods to, but not all the time and especially not when I partake in cutscenes.

I'm so freaking happy now! Not only because they confirmed that we will get the hood up/down option fairly soon, but also becuase they picked my verion of the question to post in the Q&A. I know, vanity, but yeah, I'm happy. :)

NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.

Oh, and Kira will be able to show off her hairstyle again as well! Awesome!

When you do get a hooded armor, you will probably never see your hair again. I am happy they are actually going to implement a hood toggle. I cancelled my sub this month because of this issue and will not return until it is fixed. I like the hoods to, but not all the time and especially not when I partake in cutscenes.

Well, I do like my hair...

I'm also ecstatic over this. Now, let's start splitting hairs: he says the next major update after 1.2... all signs point to that being 1.3, but could it possible be as soon as 1.2.1?? I know, I'm getting too antsy :p

Whilst many will just say "Why are they focusing on this when there's X issue needs sorting ffs" but I for one am pleased with this development :)

This isn't a game bug or balance issue, for sure, however it's a massive flavour issue. This will genuinely help people be more satisfied with their characters. :)

• 1 month later...

I have been waiting for this since launch - my only concern is what will happen when you toggle your hood down, will the hood stil appear draped over the back of the robe, or will the hood disappear as they do when you turn the head slot on whilst wearing a robe.

I sincerely hope that it is the former and the hood is shown to be down, rather than vanishing completely. I am going to rely on the fact this feature appears to require development time, and say I think they will introduce a hood down appearance, when toggled.

Fingers crossed!