The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 06: Kit Fisto vs. Agen Kolar

Aurbere

Welcome back to The BattleZone! After fighting an illness, I have returned with the sixth match in this grand tournament. Our previous match saw Jedi Master Plo Koon defeat Qui-Gon Jinn in one of the closest battles we have seen yet.

Our next match will pit two of the Jedi Order's greatest swordmasters against each other.

Battlefield: Jedi Temple Library

Lightsaber skills:

Kit Fisto:

Master Fisto is renowned as one of the greatest lightsaber masters in the Jedi Order. He was a master of the first form of lightsaber combat- Shii-Cho. Shii-Cho is generally a basic lightsaber form, but when taken to its highest degree, it becomes a random and unpredictable fighting style focused on heavy offensives.

In combat, Master Fisto allows the flow of battle to take over him, letting the Forcee guide his actions. Kit Fisto's advanced practice of Shii-Cho has brought him close to the Dark Side of the Force, due to the aggressive natures of his style.

Kit Fisto is an intuitive fighter, capable of taking advantage of an opponent's weak spots with quick and decisive action. He displayed his mastery of Shii-Cho by holding his own against the Jedi Hunter General Grievous' four lightsaber assault.

However, despite Fisto's lightsaber mastery, he was not without weaknesses. Since his form is naturally strong against multiple foes, he suffers from Shii-Cho's natural weakness of facing single opponents of reputable skill.

Kit Fisto was also a skilled hand-to hand combatant.

Agen Kolar: (Since Kolar's lightsaber form is not specified, I will theorize on that)

Agen Kolar was considered by his peers to be one of the greatest lightsaber duelists in the Jedi Order. The Jedi Council believed that he and Mace Windu alone would be sufficient to defeat Darth Sidious. This was not the case.

Agen Kolar was skilled in defending himself against blaster-wielding enemies, and multiple opponents. He was also a skilled lightsaber duelist, outclassing Jedi double-agent Quinlan Vos, even while holding back.

Kolar also proved to be a master of hand-to-hand combat, using his skill to defeat an angry mob on Nar Shaddaa. He implemented his skills in hand-to-hand combat into his lightsaber technique, often delivering high kicks to his opponent.

It is likely that Agen Kolar is a master of the Niman lightsaber form as he often attacked with Force powers suddenly and without notice. However, his implementation of physical combat also implies his Ataru mastery.

Edge: Due to the unknown nature of Agen Kolar's lightsaber form, and the weaknesses of Fisto's form, I can only rate the two as equal here.

Physicality:

Kit Fisto:

Physically, Kit Fisto is very strong, possessing skill in hand-to-hand combat.

As a Nautolan, Fisto is naturally in his element underwater. His tentacles were capable of picking up the pheromones exuded by those around him, but this ability works best underwater. He also has webbed feet and hands, perfect for swimming underwater.

Agen Kolar:

The Zabrak Jedi Master is physically very strong, and possesses a great deal of resistance to pain.

Edge: Considering that Kit Fisto's physical body, and all of its advantages, is best suited to underwater combat, the edge goes to Kolar for his impressive resistance to physical pain.

Mentality:

Kit Fisto:

Kit Fisto displays a laid back nature, coupled with a smile whenever things went his way. He was a conservative Jedi, preferring to help the less fortunate. He also believed that all life was sacred, a view that repeatedly conflicted with the vigilante views of Jedi Master Plo Koon.

Kit Fisto doubted his own abilities as a teacher and a role model, but proved an effective teacher nonetheless.

In combat, Kit Fisto practiced restraint. He believed that those who have power should restrain themselves from using it.

Agen Kolar:

Agen Kolar was a stern warrior. He was confident in his own abilities and his diplomatic skills, which usually involved intimidation. He was often headstrong, focusing more on combat over diplomacy, preferring to fight first and ask questions later.

Agen Kolar believed whole-heartedly in the Jedi Council, and believed that the Council's duty was to the Republic. He fully supported the war effort. He did not doubt the wisdom of the Jedi Council, unquestioningly trusting it and its wisdom.

When fighting double-agent Quinlan Vos, Agen Kolar was compassionate towards his fellow Jedi, holding back his aggression despite being repeatedly engaged by the young Jedi. However, the Council fully believed that Kolar would not hold back if he was pushed too far.

Edge: Kit Fisto's focus on restraint will be a major boon to Kolar, who will not restrain himself if he doesn't have to. Kolar's natural aggression, and Kit Fisto's focus on restraint give Agen Kolar the edge.

Force Powers:

Kit Fisto:

Trained as a Jedi Consular, Kit Fisto was a very powerful Jedi. He created his own Force power- Force Water Orb. This power acted like the Spear of Midnight Black, causing severe physical trauma to its target. He was also capable of manipulating water currents. These abilities, while powerful, are only applicable underwater, but they do indicate strength.

Despite focusing on his underwater abilities, Kit Fisto was possessed of incredible speed. His speed was capable of baffling the trained eyes of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Agen Kolar:

Agen Kolar was not noted as an incredibly powerful Jedi Master, as he focused more on lightsaber skill. However, he often applied Force Push randomly in the midst of combat.

Edge: Considering Kit Fisto's focus on underwater abilities, and his focus on restraint, the edge should go to Kolar. However, Kit Fisto has shown himself to be more powerful than Kolar. So in terms of power, the edge goes to Fisto, but in a combative sense, Kolar gets the edge.

(Note that when I give the edge to someone, it's my opinion)

(I would like to point out that Kit Fisto's underwater abilities were pulled from the old Clone Wars series. While it is believed that this series in non-canon, I am of the opinion that Fisto's displays of power are still canon.)

Who will win? Who is truly superior?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure on this one. But I'll give it to Fisto. Why? Because he lasted longer against Sidious than Kolar. :p

P.S. Great to see you back in the game!

EDIT: Scratch that, Kolar wins. Not only did he defeat Vos with relative ease in a lightsaber duel, a skilled lightsaber duelist and user of aggresive forms Ataru and Vaapad, but according the Wookieepedia:

The Jedi Council felt that Windu and Kolar alone would provide a significant counter to Darth Sidious were the Sith Lord to reveal himself.

Also, and this is quite interesting. It would seem that the Jedi Council orchestrated the confrontation with Sidious and were not in fact caught off guard and forced to dispatch whoever and whomever they had available. They believed Palpatine was being manipulated by Sidious and sought to confront him to draw the Sith Lord into the open. To do this the Jedi Council sent Yoda to Kashyyyk to lull him into a false sense of security. So actually the Jedi Council were confident in the teams abilities to defeat Sidious and may very well have been some of the best in the Order, possibly.

Edited by Beniboybling

I might need to go with Kolar, Fisto is good however as stated his saber form is more suited against multiple opponents. That isn't to say he would get floored quickly, however he did well against Grevious because he was facing against multiple weapons, Form 1 specializes in multiple opponents/weapons. not against a single opponent. That is a sort of glaring weakness for Fisto.

Also a side note, seeing as my VS threads don't work out. Suggestion Aurbere, to at a later time(another tourny) throw in non-force users into battles...just to shake things up a little bit.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

EDIT: Scratch that, Kolar wins. Not only did he defeat Vos with relative ease in a lightsaber duel, a skilled lightsaber duelist and user of aggresive forms Ataru and Vaapad, but according the Wookieepedia:

The Jedi Council felt that Windu and Kolar alone would provide a significant counter to Darth Sidious were the Sith Lord to reveal himself.

Also, and this is quite interesting. It would seem that the Jedi Council orchestrated the confrontation with Sidious and were not in fact caught off guard and forced to dispatch whoever and whomever they had available. They believed Palpatine was being manipulated by Sidious and sought to confront him to draw the Sith Lord into the open. To do this the Jedi Council sent Yoda to Kashyyyk to lull him into a false sense of security. So actually the Jedi Council were confident in the teams abilities to defeat Sidious and may very well have been some of the best in the Order, possibly.

That's a good point. And Mace worked with that same team earlier in the Clone Wars, so maybe team chemistry was a factor as well. Also remember that they found out Palpatine was the Sith Lord only moments before they went to engage him, so that revelation caught them off-guard, but I think the plan remained the same (beat the Sith Lord).

Plus the Council was confident that Mace and Kolar could handle Sidious. Guess they were wrong though.

Also a side note, seeing as my VS threads don't work out. Suggestion Aurbere, to at a later time(another tourny) throw in non-force users into battles...just to shake things up a little bit.

I think the issue with non-Force user match-ups is that they don't draw as much attention. There really isn't much to debate because it normally comes down to one shot. However, bearing that in mind, the Kaggath Series worked out very well, and I would like to see it make a comeback.

As it stands right now, a non-Force user tourney isn't on the horizon, but it is a possibility.

P.S. Great to see you back in the game!

It was a long time coming, that's for sure. Luckily, being bed-ridden gave me plenty of time to write up some chapters for my fan-fic! :)

I think the issue with non-Force user match-ups is that they don't draw as much attention. There really isn't much to debate because it normally comes down to one shot. However, bearing that in mind, the Kaggath Series worked out very well, and I would like to see it make a comeback.

As it stands right now, a non-Force user tourney isn't on the horizon, but it is a possibility.

Well there are the factors of armor, weapons, mobility and the like to consider. The battles wouldn't exactly need to be like force user vs force user, could throw in a surprise or two in there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well there are the factors of armor, weapons, mobility and the like to consider. The battles wouldn't exactly need to be like force user vs force user, could throw in a surprise or two in there.

Hmm. Yeah, there's that. I won't say that it's out of the question, because now you're giving me ideas (and I have no patience threshold). The possibility is there. It probably won't happen for a while because I have other plans, but I'm thinking it definitely will happen.

As it stands, I'm working on the current tourney, then the loser's tourney, and then a special tournament.

Hmm. Yeah, there's that. I won't say that it's out of the question, because now you're giving me ideas (and I have no patience threshold). The possibility is there. It probably won't happen for a while because I have other plans, but I'm thinking it definitely will happen.

As it stands, I'm working on the current tourney, then the loser's tourney, and then a special tournament.

Mmmk then, as said was just a suggestion is all.

Kolar might be a better fighter overall, but Fisto is more wily; during his fight with Grievous he used the heavy mists to take one of Grievous' lightsabers and give himself an advantage. In the library, it is likely that he would dodge around the bookcases and computer terminals. However, Kolar might simply cut straight through the cases to slash Fisto in half, prematurely ending the fight. Remember, Kolar was only slain so quickly by Palpatine because he was taken off-guard. He likely would've lasted longer against Palpatine in an actual fight than Fisto did. Not to say I don't like Fisto, I'm a huge fan of him! But I have to give this to Kolar.

Also, Aurbere, I have to correct you on one point: Kolar cannot be a Niman user for one reason: he was amongst the combatants in the Geonosis arena, and it is said that all Jedi who used Niman on Geonosis were killed. Therefore, Ataru is far more likely.

Also, Aurbere, I have to correct you on one point: Kolar cannot be a Niman user for one reason: he was amongst the combatants in the Geonosis arena, and it is said that all Jedi who used Niman on Geonosis were killed. Therefore, Ataru is far more likely.

I had forgotten about that. I had considered Kolar a Niman user due to his Force use mid combat, but Ataru is likely, considering his use of melee attacks mid-combat.

Few quick questions:

Are there water pipes directly above the Library?

How old is Agen Kolar's lightsaber?

I know that Kit Fisto's lightsaber will work when immersed in water, but many lightsabers had an issue operating underwater if they were made before the Clone Wars started.

Few quick questions:

Are there water pipes directly above the Library?

How old is Agen Kolar's lightsaber?

I know that Kit Fisto's lightsaber will work when immersed in water, but many lightsabers had an issue operating underwater if they were made before the Clone Wars started.

I don't know what the plumbing is like in the Jedi Temple, but I would assume that some type of plumbing system runs through the Library. Don't quote me on that, though.

I don't think Kolar's lightsaber has any special features.

I don't know what the plumbing is like in the Jedi Temple, but I would assume that some type of plumbing system runs through the Library. Don't quote me on that, though.

I don't think Kolar's lightsaber has any special features.

Okay, then it is quite easy to say that Kit Fisto will beat Agen Kolar.

All Kit Fisto has to do is bust a pipe and drench Agen's lightsaber with water, which will shut it down briefly. Since Kit Fisto's saber can even operate underwater, the advantage goes to Kit Fisto fairly quickly.

I would give this to Kolar mainly because he can fight without a weapon, and its unlikely Fisto manages to open a water valve in the jedi temple and make kolar lightsaber non-functional? I find this far fecthed.

Kolar can take also on Fisto because all the abilities fisto has are water based mostly and he also was killed by Sideous in small time so that says Fisto and Kolar had more or less same combat abiltity.

I'm really doubtful in this one. As I am almost certain that Fisto is a superior swordsman (I don't see the battle being decided in other way), it's clear that Shii-Cho is very flawed dueling with single-handed wielders. But he was able to hold some of Palpatine's blows, showing that he knew how to stop a vicious assault. And I don't see the battleground going against him just because it's not underwater. Nautolans are anphibious, so the land is his ground too.

I think Kolar's disadvantage here is the lack of sources. He is almost unexplored in EU, and Fisto, on the other hand, has considerable more information. Still, as I said, I'm not entirely sure of the outcome of this.

Having to chose one, I would give to Fisto, but my mind can be changed if new sources about Kolar appears.

Okay, then it is quite easy to say that Kit Fisto will beat Agen Kolar.

All Kit Fisto has to do is bust a pipe and drench Agen's lightsaber with water, which will shut it down briefly. Since Kit Fisto's saber can even operate underwater, the advantage goes to Kit Fisto fairly quickly.

I don't know. Wouldn't 'pipe-busting' be require some concentration. He can manipulate the water quite easily while submerged, but directly manipulating water in the plumbing may require some effort. Not saying that it will, just something to consider.

I would give this to Kolar mainly because he can fight without a weapon, and its unlikely Fisto manages to open a water valve in the jedi temple and make kolar lightsaber non-functional? I find this far fecthed.

Kolar can take also on Fisto because all the abilities fisto has are water based mostly and he also was killed by Sideous in small time so that says Fisto and Kolar had more or less same combat abiltity.

The science is there. It is likely that Kolar's lightsaber would malfunction if submerged. However, I'm still doubting the ability for Fisto to break the plumbing without a good deal of concentration. I won't say that it's impossible because, let's face it, bigger things have been done. :p

I'm really doubtful in this one. As I am almost certain that Fisto is a superior swordsman (I don't see the battle being decided in other way), it's clear that Shii-Cho is very flawed dueling with single-handed wielders. But he was able to hold some of Palpatine's blows, showing that he knew how to stop a vicious assault. And I don't see the battleground going against him just because it's not underwater. Nautolans are anphibious, so the land is his ground too.

I think Kolar's disadvantage here is the lack of sources. He is almost unexplored in EU, and Fisto, on the other hand, has considerable more information. Still, as I said, I'm not entirely sure of the outcome of this.

Having to chose one, I would give to Fisto, but my mind can be changed if new sources about Kolar appears.

The issue with the Sidious duel is that Sidious caught Kolar and Tiin off guard, and Fisto had Mace for back up before he was killed. So I don't really think the Sidious duel is valid here.

However, I do agree that Kolar is unexplored compared to Fisto. Originally, I had planned for Eeth Koth due to his appearance in TCW, but he has even less info on him.

Honostly I think the main issue is the lack of info on Agen it would be the same problem in round 2 if he were to defeat Kit.... So just for a potentially more interesting round 2 I have to say Kit. But beyond that I do think that Kit might have an issue I would put them both on par skill wise with a lightsaber but I think the idea that Agen is an ataru user is probably spot on as it was the most commonly used form at the time, and in a saber duel it would have a serious advantage over kit's shii-cho form. Other than that its hard to judge the 2 combatants since so little is known about agen. Edited by tunewalker

Honostly I think the main issue is the lack of info on Agen it would be the same problem in round 2 if he were to defeat Kit.... So just for a potentially more interesting round 2 I have to say Kit. But beyond that I do think that Kit might have an issue I would put them both on par skill wise with a lightsaber but I think the idea that Agen is an ataru user is probably spot on as it was the most commonly used form at the time, and in a saber duel it would have a serious advantage over kit's shii-cho form. Other than that its hard to judge the 2 combatants since so little is known about agen.

While you are correct that there is little on Kolar, I feel that there is enough to make a well-reasoned debate for his side.

We'll see. I didn't expect this one to be as long as the others (most likely due to the lack of info on Kolar), but we shall see what happens. Maybe some will come to Kolar's defense. Then we can have ourselves a true battle.

While you are correct that there is little on Kolar, I feel that there is enough to make a well-reasoned debate for his side.

We'll see. I didn't expect this one to be as long as the others (most likely due to the lack of info on Kolar), but we shall see what happens. Maybe some will come to Kolar's defense. Then we can have ourselves a true battle.

Actually upon further review of Kolar I dont believe he was an Ataru master. He seemed to use some telekentics in his combat employing it with out warning and while this would normally suggest Niman we know niman users didnt survive geonosis if they were on it. So the most likely form to do this besides Niman would be Shii-cho. This however is not enough to conclude that it is Shii-cho the most valuable evidence comes in his ability to disarm his opponents. Kolar was sent for Vos because he was most likely to take the guy alive even if he were to beat him. And in many more fights with people it was likely that he wouldnt kill and sometimes he could even disarm his opponent with out injuring them at all. A users form normally reflects the user and while he was aggressive he seemed to dislike killing his opponent and would avoid doing so where ever possible. These are much more the tenets of a shii-cho user more so than any other form of saber combat.

Thus I would give the saber advantage to no one as they both seemingly used the same style and would have a similar skill lvl with said form. Instead we have to look at the likeliness and effectiveness of the use of force powers and other martial skill in combat along with physical capabilities which again I actually would give to Kolar here his resistance to pain means he should be much harder to disarm and his ability to throw in kicks and force pushes with out warning to his already mastery Shii-cho form could give him a distinct edge over Kit Fisto. So actually Agen might just pull this one off.

Edited by tunewalker

Actually upon further review of Kolar I dont believe he was an Ataru master. He seemed to use some telekentics in his combat employing it with out warning and while this would normally suggest Niman we know niman users didnt survive geonosis if they were on it. So the most likely form to do this besides Niman would be Shii-cho. This however is not enough to conclude that it is Shii-cho the most valuable evidence comes in his ability to disarm his opponents. Kolar was sent for Vos because he was most likely to take the guy alive even if he were to beat him. And in many more fights with people it was likely that he wouldnt kill and sometimes he could even disarm his opponent with out injuring them at all. A users form normally reflects the user and while he was aggressive he seemed to dislike killing his opponent and would avoid doing so where ever possible. These are much more the tenets of a shii-cho user more so than any other form of saber combat.

Thus I would give the saber advantage to no one as they both seemingly used the same style and would have a similar skill lvl with said form. Instead we have to look at the likeliness and effectiveness of the use of force powers and other martial skill in combat along with physical capabilities which again I actually would give to Kolar here his resistance to pain means he should be much harder to disarm and his ability to throw in kicks and force pushes with out warning to his already mastery Shii-cho form could give him a distinct edge over Kit Fisto. So actually Agen might just pull this one off.

If anything, it would seem that he has skill in at least two lightsaber forms: Niman and Shii-Cho (Possible Ataru as well). Considering what we know of his exploits, his skill could encompass several lightsaber forms, or just that he has mastered one form really well.

The science is there. It is likely that Kolar's lightsaber would malfunction if submerged. However, I'm still doubting the ability for Fisto to break the plumbing without a good deal of concentration. I won't say that it's impossible because, let's face it, bigger things have been done. :p

Technically all it would take is a good saber slash from Fisto's saber (which can operate underwater), then he can manipulate water all he wants. All it would take is an instant, if he can get access to a lot of water Kolar loses, because Fisto would have an operating weapon while Kolar would not.