Low Level Armortech and SynthWeaving needs to be able to make all slots.

CaliJoe

I find it frustrating that I cannot make all my armor pieces throughout the levels. Think of all the credits I could save! Making mods to fill adaptive armor is extremely time consuming. I think I am torturing myself by rolling 7 toons all at the same low level while my 50 commando/armstech is just chillin out.

Short answer: NO

Long answer: Hell NO!!! Having different crew skills crafting different slots promotes trade between players. It also encourages "independent souls" - like you AND me - to replay the game making alts to cover all the bases.

Perhaps I wasn't clearly stating. For instance, I can make boots and belts. Then boots, belts, hand. Then boots, belts hands, chest, bracers. Finally all slots at like 24-26. Running around without a headgear or bracers. Bleh. Maybe it's just me.

Perhaps I wasn't clearly stating. For instance, I can make boots and belts. Then boots, belts, hand. Then boots, belts hands, chest, bracers. Finally all slots at like 24-26. Running around without a headgear or bracers. Bleh. Maybe it's just me.

And take a look at when you get your first head piece quest reward: approximately level 23 (I remember because I crafted a helmet for an alt that had a level requirement of 24 and I got my first helmet as a reward just before I was able to equip the crafted piece; the crafted shell was "fugly" but it had an augment slot, so I kept it for a LONG time). So the design intent is for no character to have head gear before the low 20s. Working as intended.

The "work-around" is BoL adaptive gear and a cybertech or planetary comms. But that is also working as intended: veteran players who have done the leveling thing before have a faster progression track than new players.

Edited by psandak

everyone gets FOUR full sets of adaptive armour at lvl1.....

^This.

Which leads crafting blues as synth/armor while leveling seem worthless, while bio/cyber is a much better proposition, but still less than three gather. If you're leveling alts, send the mods through legacy. Plus, you can't mix/max unless in orange.

Synth/armor/artiface only seem to be good for augs.

^This.

Which leads crafting blues as synth/armor while leveling seem worthless, while bio/cyber is a much better proposition, but still less than three gather. If you're leveling alts, send the mods through legacy. Plus, you can't mix/max unless in orange.

Synth/armor/armstech only seem to be good for augs.

fixed. but armstech sells barrels too :)

everyone gets FOUR full sets of adaptive armour at lvl1.....

But no mods to install and planetary comms item mods are a minimum level 13 (I know because I recently checked). So any new player cannot take advantage for a quite some time.

Not to mention three of the four sets look G-D awful (only the imp experimental suit is decent IMO).