The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Selenial

A bit late here but I thought this episode was fantastic!

The voice acting done for Anakin and Ahsoka was amazing, and I especially loved when Anakin and Ahsoka were talking and Anakin said 'mistake'. The way he said that sent chills down my spine!

I'm really hoping for a season six, because of all the loose ends! I, personally, am really curious to see what Palpatine has in store for Maul, and what becomes of Ahsoka.

(oh and I want that Jedi Temple Guardian armor! :D)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an amazing episode. My god how TCW series has evolved and grown-up. I was sitting on the edge of my seat for the whole episode and when Ahsoka left you could hear a pin-drop in my house. Even the credits of the show had amazing music to finish it off.

Kudos for this episode! Can't wait for Season 6!

I cried a bit toward the end.

I watch from 21:00 to the end over and over. Wondering how many times situations like this happen to people in real life, making hard decisions.

The music and ambience were outstanding!

This show had emotion, drama, and action. J.J. Abrams should learn from the Clone Wars. This episode was better than the prequel movies combine.

It was a powerful episode indeed. On top of the excellent voice over work and writing I was especially pleased with the musical score, it really went above and beyond in this episode. Season 6 if I remember correctly is the last one, if this latest episode is any indication it's going to be a tough finale.

I'm conflicted about this episode,

The ending was predictable yes, but the storyline and conversation between Anakin and Ahsoka were incredible....

I'm hoping season 6 does happen, but I'm scared, a reviewer of TCW episodes was told that if we want season 6.... Now is the time to make a racket. Not the announcements in march.

I think we're going to see Ashoka back, and we might see her as a knight, or she could also be a general in the republic whilst not being a Jedi. I think if season 6 doesn't come, she'll stay rogue, hell we might even see her return in episode 7, that would be pretty cool ^^

I was a little upset that it was barris, and her line about "I think they (red sabers) suit me" made my skin crawl, that's not why she did it, she's not a dark Jedi, she thinks she is following the light so she would not wish to wield red sabers... Her speech however made up for it, it was very moving, almost as much as Anakin/Ahsoka

Season 6 could not come fast enough... :L

I believe they had her leave the order to allow for her character to be used in Episode 7. By leaving she avoids Order 66, thus leaving open that option(would give Disney an already established, marketable character that the younger generation of fans have grown up with over the past five years).

As for Barris and the saber comment, I think she meant it. If she believes what she said about the Jedi being on the dark side, then it only seem fit that she would believe that the sith are the ones on the light side. After all in any conflict each side believes they are in the right, no matter how misguided one side may be. So if she does feel the sith are on the "right" side of the conflict, then taking up their weapon/color of choice would only make sense.

Edited by Lharrulk

I believe they had her leave the order to allow for her character to be used in Episode 7. By leaving she avoids Order 66, thus leaving open that option(would give Disney an already established, marketable character that the younger generation of fans have grown up with over the past five years).

I agree with you.

Ashoka can be a very marketable opportunity for Disney. It's Not out of the realm of impossibility for Disney to cash in and use her back story and add her into future movies, stand alone movies, books, comics, and games.

Did you not watch the show? I'm pretty sure there is considering the show is the second highest form of canon.

Also, anyone who thinks they're not going to overwrite the post RotJ EU is fooling themselves. Lucas himself has stated in interviews that Luke never gets married, the emperor isn't cloned, etc. I'm sorry your books are no longer relevant.

You have no proof that the EUnovels are no longer relevant. Do you really think that Lucas Arts is just going to throw away everything? Disney is not going to call the shots like some people believe. They own the IP, they have the funding for new projects such as the films. But Lucas arts/Films will still be handling the franchise. THEY will be making most of the decisions.

There are some things in the EU that will be retconned, and a few should. Anyone remember the Death Troopers novel? That needs to be wiped from memory. Disney is not going to wipe out the entire EU. You are fooling yourself if you really believe that. Some of the books will no longer be relevant, but many will remain so. Disney would be foolish to tell LA to wipe out the EU. That would kill the franchise.

Not entirely, again Galen's parents exiled themselves before the war was over and Galen's father was still killed by Vader. It doesn't matter if a Jedi isn't apart of the Order anymore or not, a Jedi is a Jedi...now does it decrease her chances of getting killed in the initial Order following? Yes it does, does it exclude her from being hunted down? No.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

At this point I think a rogue Jedi order will be established. At the very least Ventress and Ahshoka will become allies. I actually felt bad about Ventress too since Sidious forced Dooku to turn and attempt to kill her because she was becoming too powerful. They both have something in common which is going to bond them like no other (Take that to the bank) I love this series, I all but gave up on Starwars after the lackluster prequels, however this show has reinvigorated my interest to stratospheric levels of excitement. I really hope she's going to be in Episode 7, she's way to good of a character (Ventress too) Edited by Odyseus

I agree with you.

Ashoka can be a very marketable opportunity for Disney. It's Not out of the realm of impossibility for Disney to cash in and use her back story and add her into future movies, stand alone movies, books, comics, and games.

If any of these younglings actually had children of their own they would know that Ahsoka is almost impossible to find in a retail store. She's an incredibly popular character who's going to be even more popular after this Episode.

She never got her lightsabers and helmet back, come to think of it neither did ahsoka....
Poor Ventress :( Thought: maybe she'll get new lightsabers or some other weapon symbolizing her evolution into a different person. No but seriously, I really think Ventress having her gear changing kinda represents her becoming a different person. She's not dark Jedi, Sepratist pawn etc. anymore.

As for Ashoka, she's not a Jedi anymore so I think that means she can't have her lightsabers back. I reckon there are going to be some comical scenes in the future where she reaches for them and they're not there *awkward*

One thing I didn't like about this episodes is Palpatine's new voice actor (Tim Curry), it just isn't working for me. Ian Abercrombie will be sorely missed, RIP. :(

EDIT: One thing I loved was when Windu says 'this actually your great trial' and she wasn't having any of it.

Agree with you about Tim Curry as Palpatine's voice actor. Didn't work for me, either.

The ironic thing about Windu's quote is that it implies they were ready to promote her to Knight status, but Anakin offers her back the Padawan braid, sort of implying she would rejoin the order, not as a knight, but as a padawan.

Predictable and lackluster...though nice. If Ahsoka survives all the way and join's Luke's order I will just facepalm though...i'll watch the movie, I just won't like it we don't need anymore jedi surviving Order 66 especially if its Anakin's former padawan, why wouldn't he hunt her down and kill her himself as Vader?

why face palm?

Not being in the Order at the time of 66, why would that force user even be near the clones to get axed? I thought it was silly for Luke (and Leia) to be the only 2 force people left.

Oh and maybe Anakin didn't hunt her down like he didn't hunt down his former master. And she just walked away from him, Kenobi cooked his @s$ and left him for dead. Who do you think he'd be madder at?

what Jacen says is true, it is silly that Luke and Leia are the only force users around, it won't be a face palm at all.

AFterall we assumed from te movies alone that there were always only 2 sith, but then with Ventril, Maul and his brother, at one point we have 5 dark side force users in play.

Anyway the story that has Anakin hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told. or rather i should say Vader hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told.

Anyway the story that has Anakin hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told. or rather i should say Vader hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told.

It has been told extensively in the EU to my knowledge. Not to say there were no survivors, along with Yoda and Obi-Wan we had Shaak-Ti, Mariss Brood, Kazadan Paratus and Rahm Kota.

why face palm?

what Jacen says is true, it is silly that Luke and Leia are the only force users around, it won't be a face palm at all.

AFterall we assumed from te movies alone that there were always only 2 sith, but then with Ventril, Maul and his brother, at one point we have 5 dark side force users in play.

Luke and Leia are not the only force users around. Aside from Yoda and Obi Wan, there are dozens of other jedi who survived the Clone Wars in hiding, as well as other force sensitive users. As a matter of fact Palpatine collected force sensitives and trained them as dark side servants/assassins etc.

And it's true, there are only 2 sith. Not every dark jedi, or dark force user is a sith. The "two sith" they refer to are the master/apprentice duo. At the time of the Clone Wars, the two sith are Darth Sidious, and Darth Tyrannus. While Maul was part of this sith legacy, he lost his status when he was replaced.

^^^^ this.

We have no idea if the kids in Ep7 will be the same ones from the books. My money is on they will not be espeically if the rumors of them aproching Bradly Cooper are true.

the whole argument is silly. you can argue non stop about it. Anakin has no reason to hate or want Ahsoka dead anyway, if ep 5 20 is the last we see of her. She elaves the jedi order, something he does, and ofc the episode helps frameankains mindset for his turn in ep3, a very good reason to hate and misttrust the jedi council for episode 3.

no, anakin is very unlikely to hunt down to kill Ahsoka as Darth Vader, because she is not a jedi, and does not follow the order. He is far more likely to try and track her down, and recruit her as his apprentice again to supplant Emperor Palpatine, than hunt her down. and that may be a future story arc.

it would be u nwise i think to have Ahsoka turn up again in episode 7, i think she has much better use, turning up in a story based told between the many years of Episode 3 and 4

You are wrong, but in a way that is understandable. Lucas himself established cannon, in it's most essential characteristics as a two part system. Movies & the cartoon are the highest level of cannon. Everything else with a lucasfilms logo is second. Then there are a myriad of technical rules to sort out conflicts, with Leeland Chee at lucasfilms being the final say so for all practical purposes. Until Disney set's new rules, that is the undisputable truth as laid out by Lucas himself.

So anything in this episode trumps any previous ideas you had about Baris Offee for instance. The most often overwritten cannon has been from this show, as it was sort of impossible for them to have all these seasons of the clone wars without overwriting previous clone war concepts. First to go was Timothy Zahn's concept of the clone wars. Then the timeline has essentially made all pervious comics and even books questionable cannon status because there simply isn't enough time for all of this stuff to happen and certainly not in the order established. For instance Anakin's knighthood as presented in novel form is no longer cannon. TCW presented it differently, and it wins.

You say I'm wrong but then show examples of what I am talking about. Clone Wars took something considered "established canon" from books and just slapped it away with a "LOL" bat. Thanks. Disney movies can do the same with the entire EU and then the tears will be strong from the nerd bunch.

I am not saying I know what will be canon after the Disney/JJ trilogy but you seem to be trying to. Nobody knows at this point. Just like I said in the post before that you say I was wrong. So if I say nobody knows except insiders at Disney and JJ himself may be at this point, and you say I'm wrong, that means you believe you know what they have in store. So are you Lucas' kid or something since you know what's coming already?

Or can I borrow your DeLorean with the flux capacity installed? I need to know who wins next year's Super Bowl.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Did you not watch the show? I'm pretty sure there is considering the show is the second highest form of canon.

Also, anyone who thinks they're not going to overwrite the post RotJ EU is fooling themselves. Lucas himself has stated in interviews that Luke never gets married, the emperor isn't cloned, etc. I'm sorry your books are no longer relevant.

Funny how people are so sure Disney and JJ with their admitted "original story" isn't going to make some books nothing more than fanfic.

Oh wait, I know. Starkiller will be in Episode 7 so the video gamers won't get mad. And Revan is back. Oh, and the descendant of Satele (also a descendant of Revan and Bastila) will be there too. Boba Fett too. And the list goes on....

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Luke and Leia are not the only force users around. Aside from Yoda and Obi Wan, there are dozens of other jedi who survived the Clone Wars in hiding, as well as other force sensitive users. As a matter of fact Palpatine collected force sensitives and trained them as dark side servants/assassins etc.

And it's true, there are only 2 sith. Not every dark jedi, or dark force user is a sith. The "two sith" they refer to are the master/apprentice duo. At the time of the Clone Wars, the two sith are Darth Sidious, and Darth Tyrannus. While Maul was part of this sith legacy, he lost his status when he was replaced.

Your first paragraph supports what we are saying. Thanks for the support. The fact there are others around likely just not part of the Jedi means Order 66 wasn't "hunt down all force users." That would be an endless job since more times than not, it was a phenom to be a force user. Vader would have been hunting them forever since someone would pop up every now and again.

That's why I don't think Order 66 was "kill all force users" but actually "kill all Jedi".

And also puts a part in the reason Obi-Wan told Yoda that Luke was their only hope. Obi-Wan knew who Leia was. He saw her born. He was in the room. He was in the room when Senator Organa wanted to raise Leia. Leia wasn't even given a new first name. So for Obi-Wan to think Luke was the only hope leads to believe Obi-Wan saw Luke as the sole force user willingly wanting to be a Jedi at that point. While Yoda felt once Leia found her true identity she would as well.