Are SIN tanks in an okay place right now?

Lundorff

I reckon that jugg tanks are at the top and PTs at the bottom, but how viable are sin tanks?

For solo ranked.

Only a few can master them and it requires Full concetration on your abilities. For example, if you wont spam 15-stack defense ability on cd you will start drop pretty fast from your own guard since sin tank is the only tank which doesnt have 10% dmg reduction. You also will have to change ur play style depending on what setups are formed. For instance, if you see that ur team is more aoe/pressure than hardswitch keep aoe abilities in priority (the yellow one (forgot its name, discharge and lacerete) if you see that ur team is hardswitch you shouldnt use 3 mentioned aoe abilties and switch to wither, shock, maul and cc'ing tank/healer with whirlwind.

This spec is for real tryharders and thinkers. If you dont feel yourself like this go jugg or pt

Edited by bladech

I reckon that jugg tanks are at the top and PTs at the bottom, but how viable are sin tanks?

For solo ranked.

I'd say for tanks in solos it's something like 90% juggs, 7% pts, and 3% sins. There are so few sin tanks, it's hard for me to evaluate if they are actually good or not. I assume the fact that there are so few means that they are not very good, but maybe they are just more difficult, as the previous poster mentioned.

Only a few can master them and it requires Full concetration on your abilities. For example, if you wont spam 15-stack defense ability on cd you will start drop pretty fast from your own guard since sin tank is the only tank which doesnt have 10% dmg reduction. You also will have to change ur play style depending on what setups are formed. For instance, if you see that ur team is more aoe/pressure than hardswitch keep aoe abilities in priority (the yellow one (forgot its name, discharge and lacerete) if you see that ur team is hardswitch you shouldnt use 3 mentioned aoe abilties and switch to wither, shock, maul and cc'ing tank/healer with whirlwind.

This spec is for real tryharders and thinkers. If you dont feel yourself like this go jugg or pt

Prob had to refresh those stacks 2 times in a full ranked match. Still not working properly since it was released.

Edited by DuHavok

Sin tanks offer the best control, best mobility, good pressure and are the best for 8v8 objective play IMO. A good Sin tank should be able to hold a node solo longer than any other AC except maybe Lethality. They have the highest floor since you have to keep Dark Ward up and know when and where to use Shroud and Phasing Phantasm. There's a reason Sin tanks are preferred in NiM Ops...Phasing Phantasm is grade A cheese.

They're definitely in a better place than Deception and Hatred anyways.

Juggs tend to be the best Guarders and have the best single target DPS while PT's are the easiest since the majority of their survivability is passive or baked into their rotation.

If you want to play tank and Arenas, don't bother with anything else except Immo Skank Tank. They do sooo much damage and are still really hard to bring down.

I've been in multiple Solo Ranked matches where our or their Jugg skank out-dps every other dps in the match.

I think all tanks are viable in regs but I'd much rather have Jugg skank on my team in Solos.