Question of the Day 5/15/2013

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty dick question after how expensive you made them after the unlock fees and beyond limited customization options.

I was really looking forward to Cathar since betas. Way to screw up again EAware. No offense Courtney, but this was not a smart question after the crap that's going down since yesterday with this whole 2.1 mess.

[You guys] need to connect to the community more and not try to throw us against a wall, demand cartel coins, bend us over, and force you will on us.

Edited by Eillack

None, never will, zero interest in the species. Certainly won't drop hundreds of cartel coins to unlock it.

Then again, I don't think there's a species you can put in that would incite that sort of desire. I'm not an "ahmigerd i MUST play that species!!!" sort of player. I like what I have and currently really dig Chiss, but even if Chiss weren't there, even if it were just Human, I'd be perfectly happy.

I think I might like to see more Bothans around the game, especially as player-characters, but I still wouldn't make one myself.

Edited by DarthTHC

None because you guys haven't fixed the little issue of a portion of your player base being completely unable to play the game because your launcher crashes the moment we click play. 24 hours of service outage, only response is 'we're looking into it.' Nothing shows in the dev tracker and not even a peep about compensation.

New question of the day. Think we can expect a fix this week?

How many Cathars do you have prowling the galaxy?

Personal Answer: So far I have only changed my Smuggler, but I love how she looks so I might make another. Meow!

NONE, because the "new awesome" patch prevents me from starting the game.

Fix the damn patch before you start drooling over your new cat toy while the rest of us are STILL waiting for SOME sort of explanation :mad:

How many Cathars do you have prowling the galaxy?

Personal Answer: So far I have only changed my Smuggler, but I love how she looks so I might make another. Meow!

Sure am glad you have enough time to think of mundane questions and self-advertisements for a new species, yet not enough time to comment on a thread thats grown to 15+ pages and at least 48+ signatures and agreement over a single issue. Congrats.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=638197

NONE, because the "new awesome" patch prevents me from starting the game.

Fix the damn patch before you start drooling over your new cat toy while the rest of us are STILL waiting for SOME sort of explanation :mad:

Ouch dude. Here's hoping they fix that soon.

One but I only created it because I want to play a Kel'dor or a Gran and know the only way they will add more species is if people buy Cathar. Before Cathar came out the rumour was they would sell like hot cakes so me wasting 600 cartel coins on a species I dont want and have no interest in playing would be pointless but looking at the replys here looks like my Cathar might be an endangered species.

I changed my Bounty Hunter into a Cathar, since I wasn't happy with how she looked anyway. Really felt that a Cathar would be a perfect fit for the role of a hunter and warrior, too. It also tickles me thinking of mmy Cathar being the class that interacts with Mandalorians the most, considering their histories.;)

Doubt I'll make any more. I don't like doubling up on any race other than human.

First time I have answer or posted in a Question of the Day Thread.

Answer---- NONE

Besides the fact that I would have preferred another Species be added first (like a Togruta), I am also sort of against the Direction this game is headed. Species should have stayed within the confines of Expansions or at the Very least set at a lot lower cost to the public. Subscribers should not have had to pay in order to use them as well. You should have just added restriction and such to them like you have with the Original Species in the game.

Basically I'll post the idea I have mentioned before.

For any new Species My opinion is this. Any New Species should be accessible to use by Subscription players without having to pay an Unlock Fee. You should have either made it playable First on only a few Classes and then Unlocked for other Classes once the Class Story ended ... OR ... Done like the Human Species and playable on all Classes and at the end of the Class Story they get a bonus to some ability. Basically like you have done for the Species already before it. For F2P Players they should Charged to Unlock it. You should also have a Charge to Unlock it Early. Just like we had with the Species Before. It is these little things that make a difference. That is how I would have done any New Species.

Changing the way things were and charging us more for it is a bad move. You basically went back on your word and what you originally wrote that we would have for Subscriptions.

That is what I have to say about this.

I changed my Smuggler to Cathar as well. He's got this permanent scowl on his face now. I love it!

All you people ever seem to do is complain about this game like you're the most entitled fan base who ever lived and played a game, all the while having nothing to say but hatred and venom toward the game and the developers and everything about both of them.

Sure, some of you bring up good points from time to time, but most of the time the only things I ever seem to read are about how much you're not doing something.

For the record, I did buy the Cathar, because they're fluff and therefore extra things, cosmetic in nature and should be charged for because you don't need them to enjoy this game, and because they cost about 5$.

Edited by RawrItzRandom