How do we fix PvP here?

Dabrixmgp

IThings I notice on a daily basis in PuG WZs: No one wants to defend, No one calls, No one responds to call, 5 teamates can be fighting two guys and have no thought pass their mind as to "hows the other door?".

This. I have no idea what runs through these people's heads. They completely fail to care about objectives to the point you almost wonder if they've stopped caring and only play for kills. I could understand if they're new to the game, but people have been playing like this for a year now.

Actually, your wrong, ranked is not dead. Combatmedic is doing a great service with the PuG ranked groups that have been going on. Ilye has been trying to get a similar thing going here on the imp side, but there isn't much interest. Last night we had an imp pug team running, I had alot of fun.

Sounds good I haven't done ranked in a while. What happens when an organized team shows up?

Edited by TDRedmage

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TL;DR: Get max expertise if you want to win. If you want pretty numbers against scrubs, use PvE armorings and power crystals. "

I suspect the reason people think they don't need max expertise is because they're fighting the ignorant masses who also don't max expertise.

So, what I'm gathering here: the majority of good DPS whether it be Imp or Pub are complete tards. Good to know.

Edited by Milly_

I refuse to reroll but how the hell are Imps supposed to win. Im sick of the following:

Half the team leaving 30 seconds into the WZ

0-100 Coasts

Actually getting shut out in Hypergate

0-6 Huttballs

Pubs only blasting first droors in Voidstar and then refusing to access bridge just so they can camp us for the rest of their timer and then all of our timer

What can Bioware do to actually make PvP here balanced and not just lopsided farmfests. Been doing 15-20 WZs a day all week and still only have 3 wins. How can we force Imps to play better so we actually win?

Your options:

1) Learn to carry a bad pug team

2) Quit pvp

3) Get some buddies and group up...

4) Quit pvp

Oh and all the people worrying about min/max/exp etc. Half the imps need to learn their basic skills and rotation before they worry about min/maxing gear. They will suck even if they have the "perfect" setup.

Edited by FailFitSloop

So, what I'm gathering here: the majority of good DPS whether it be Imp or Pub are complete tards. Good to know.

If that's all you gathered from that, then your assessment probably includes yourself.

This is exactly the problem. Willful ignorance.

Edited by TDRedmage

Personally I don't think its as bad as people make out unless you solo queue.

Solo queueing is often brutal, but what people need to remember is that may of the guys also solo queueing aren't interested in PvP at all, they just want the mods for raids or RE. This is where the Imppvp channel steps in and I really think Xzil deserves some props for this. Anyone willing to put their head on the block and answer a call or make their own will find their PvP experience greatly improved.

Most of my games grouped are generally through Didact with a bunch of the Unicorn guys or Xeoneth when he's on this side, but when things are quiet I'll group up with guys in the channel. I grouped as a 2 earlier with Physco and we only lost 1 match, albeit we did have a couple of good guys matched into our ops group.

The biggest difference I've noticed is more guys are taking on rolls which were often missing in imperial pug groups such as tanks and heals. I've played so many games where I've been in a group of 8 dps against pub teams with 2 or 3 heals etc. Now it's much more common to see teams impside with 25k+ tanks and a couple of healers thrown in. I rolled back tank myself which I hadn't really played for months since it was depressing to play solo queued, but with the new group channel that's less of an issue.

In summary, use the channel and you'll find it less of a problem. Solo queueing is pretty shocking on either side to be fair unless you luck into a group with a premade.

Edited by JohraTon

Don't worry Imps we actually have just as many horrible players as you do. Heck we even have horrible 4 man premades that queue up. Things that you can do to make your solo queue experience better.

1) Make a list of people who you refuse to be on same team with. If you load into a warzone and someones on that list. Quit warzone before it starts.

2) If your team shows you they dont care about winning (not calling incs, Not responding to your inc calls, not playing objectively, Farming defender medals. Quit the warzone you only wasted a few minutes of your time, why stay and help these bums get gear.

3) Guarding is boring but if you go Guard Grass, West Or Door that isnt being attacked atleast you know that proper inc calls will be made.

4) If you advanced class has a heal, dont ignore it. Use it to help your team stay alive. It really is annoying when you see so many DPS Commando, DPS Scoundrel & DPS Sages with very little healing numbers. Yes I get it you chose a dps class but if you really wanted to do DPS then you should have chose a different Class/spec. Same thing to those DPS classes who have a taunt and don't use it. You can be so much more useful to your team if you taunt people.

5) Even if other team is just better don't Give up and farm defender medals (that ruins both teams enjoyment of warzone) Either outright quit or keep trying. You get better by playing those who are better then you. You learn very little by playing against a team of bads. But can learn alot from playing against an Uncensored or LD50 premade

Jenna'syyde

Crackroxx

Don't worry Imps we actually have just as many horrible players as you do. Heck we even have horrible 4 man premades that queue up. Things that you can do to make your solo queue experience better.

1) Make a list of people who you refuse to be on same team with. If you load into a warzone and someones on that list. Quit warzone before it starts.

2) If your team shows you they dont care about winning (not calling incs, Not responding to your inc calls, not playing objectively, Farming defender medals. Quit the warzone you only wasted a few minutes of your time, why stay and help these bums get gear.

3) Guarding is boring but if you go Guard Grass, West Or Door that isnt being attacked atleast you know that proper inc calls will be made.

4) If you advanced class has a heal, dont ignore it. Use it to help your team stay alive. It really is annoying when you see so many DPS Commando, DPS Scoundrel & DPS Sages with very little healing numbers. Yes I get it you chose a dps class but if you really wanted to do DPS then you should have chose a different Class/spec. Same thing to those DPS classes who have a taunt and don't use it. You can be so much more useful to your team if you taunt people.

5) Even if other team is just better don't Give up and farm defender medals (that ruins both teams enjoyment of warzone) Either outright quit or keep trying. You get better by playing those who are better then you. You learn very little by playing against a team of bads. But can learn alot from playing against an Uncensored or LD50 premade

Jenna'syyde

Crackroxx

1. way to feed game quitters which is a big issue...

2.again same as above

3. fianaly a valid point

4. I disagree with forcing people to use their heal, on the other hand, yes peeps need to use taunts.

4. DONT QUIT. quitters suck and are a major problem

The imppvp channel is busted or whoever has admin is an ***,

Initially i set it up thinking there was admins and such. but it appears BW hasnt properly made the channel mods and such work correctly. from my understanding you cant really kick people out or mute or anything. Sometimes the channel gets buggy, like it randomly stopped allowing me invite people and now its invite only.

So not sure whats going on but hopefully it's just a temporary thing, if not I'l get on my PT who was the guy i created the channel on and see if i can unban you or see whats happened.

Milly's mental process-

1. Come to a discussion thread about how to make pvp better for your faction.

2. Refute someone's claims about min/maxing while giving no supporting evidence.

3. When given detailed explanation to the contrary, use hyperbole and strawman arguments to refute the other person's claims - again giving no supporting evidence.

4. When confronted about my horrible arguments, troll.

5. Troll

6. Troll

7. Log in to SWTOR and lose more warzones.

8. Log back into forums and troll.

Your faction is filled with people like this. That in a nutshell is why you guys are losing.

Edited by TDRedmage

Milly's mental process-

2. Refute someone's claims about min/maxing while giving no supporting evidence.

3. When given detailed explanation to the contrary, use hyperbole and strawman arguments to refute the other person's claims - again giving no supporting evidence.

5. Troll

6. Troll

Your faction is filled with people like this. That in a nutshell is why you guys are losing.

You are just ignorant bro,..

Milly's mental process-

5. Troll

6. Troll

Actually, I don't lose very much on either side.

Way to assume!!!!!!!!!!

You are just ignorant bro,..

See, Kraykray gets it!

Edited by Milly_

You wont fix Imp side pvp until they get some people get an attitude adjustment. People need to stop using the "pub side is all premades" as an excuse to play below their capabilities or to AFK on a node with 3 other people for 15 minutes. If you can get 8 people who actually will play in your warzone, pug or not, you will have a fair shot at anything that isn't a full 8 premade stacked to the nines. I haven't been able to play most of this week because my computer is trying to die but i got to play a couple hours today and went 10-3 with mainly full pug teams, all because the teams i got on were vocal and defended without giving up halfway through the game.

Also expertise stacking varies class to class because the 1200~1300 range is a variation of like .6% so it depends on if your class has primary stat boosters in talent trees. If your are dead set on finding concrete proof go smack the WZ dummy on your ship with various levels of expertise, but thats just from the damage dealing side of it.

Seems we are getting better I finally finished the last 2 wins for my weekly yesterday. Too bad it took 23 WZs to get them. But I guess an 8.6% win rate is good? Im starting to realize all the QQ I did in WoW about how bad Alliance was in PvP wasnt needed. I would kill to have my 29% win rate I had there lol.

Imp pugs beat 3 pub premades from well known guilds yesterday:)

They were all close games, one hutt ball we scored last with 2 seconds left making the score 2-2 and us winning because we scored last. Another hutt ball was 1-0 and there was a crazy close civil war that was 60-0.

I won't say who the guilds were but maybe they'll remember :)

Edited by nidalad