Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying so hard to not go full blown fan girl freaking but it's....just...not...WORKING!!!!! THEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!! AND PIERCE!!!!

Ahem, sorry....

I am cautiously optomistic for other romances. I am pretty bummed that some of us won't get dialog with our LIs in chapter one. It would seem, if we are in the midst of an attack, a quick I love you would be nice.

Okay, wait a second...because something doesn't make sense.

Kaliyo's VA confirmed she was returning for KotFE on Twitter. Yet, Kaliyo is not listed as "Updated" I am thinking the list isn't complete yet.

So there is hope!

Okay, so on the "updated" list it mentions all the non LI companions except Scourge, Gualt, Tanno Vic and Zenith...

I'm kinda thinking that maybe those companions are made romaceable? And that the list of Updated companions just doesn't include any of the now romanceable companions. (Maybe the files aren't 100% complete yet, maybe they're housed in a different locations, I dunno.)

The only thing that really causes my to doubt that speculation is that Tanno Vic is gross, and I could never see anyone romacing him. :eek::p:D (This could of course simply be personal bias, as I hate him.):rolleyes:

Edited by OathboundCoH

I'm trying not to read too much into the spoilers.

Lady Insanity said that our companions will KNOW if you've cheated on them with Theron or Lana, which means that there are VO lines. And the VO actors are not paid by the line; they have contracts that last X amount of time. So in the case of, say, Vector, he's not going to only say something at the beginning -which the files indicate that he, along with most of our other LIs don't even have that- and stay silent for the rest of the game. That'd be a complete waste.

I sincerely think that BW is trolling. They know people are digging around in the files and they're not putting in the VERY spoiler-y files until September or October. It's all part of the hype. I know that's what *I'd* do where I in their position.

"Hey, Joe, just drop some files about Yuun. Bob, go pop the popcorn. The forums are gonna be fun to watch. *evil laughter* *lightning flashes* *thunder crackles loudly*"

I figure if the all of the companions come back, I'll bring all of my alts through eventually.

If only the KotFE companions and the "updated" companions make it in, I'll just use my free 60 to swan about the gallaxy with Marr, Theron and Talos.

I figure if the all of the companions come back, I'll bring all of my alts through eventually.

If only the KotFE companions and the "updated" companions make it in, I'll just use my free 60 to swan about the gallaxy with Marr, Theron and Talos.

I can't help but wonder if Marr is only a temporary companion in the first chapter or two. The Screenshots Dulfy posted in the Gamescom article clearly indicate the player character meets with Marr personally for some reason - and this is when the Eternal Empire attacks. You can see a MASSIVE fleet behind a Terminus in one screenshot (those aren't mines; they match the configuration of the ships later seen outside the windows in the Throne room scene). The trailer shows Imperial and Republic troops getting shot at by Sky Troopers (initially you see Imperial/Republic troops getting shot at by purple blasters, and then you see a Sky Trooper shooting a purple blaster).

The screenshots show the Knight's Defender alongside a Terminus-class destroyer (same screenshot as which shows the Eternal Empire fleet), and the in-game footage from the trailer shows at least one of them exploding (as watched from the inside of an escape pod by an Imperial serviceman). Incidentally, the Eternal Empire seems to be able to win not through superior tactics but sheer numbers, at least in space: their fleet is positioned terribly to deal with anything that gets inside their formation. If I could get a player ship in-between theirs, the sheer numbers and proximity of the EE ships would blast each other apart trying to hit me.

Anyway.

The trailer later shows Marr killing two Sky Troopers - and crucially, when Valkorion extends his hand to the Knight at the end of the trailer, Marr is no longer present in the throne room. After his act of defiance in killing the two sky troopers, he may have been executed. Then again, he may have also just been carted off to be frozen in carbonite, because immediately after that throne room scene HAS to be when the player is frozen.

But, ignoring that breakdown and posting more on-topic: It's nice to see Theron having been datamined - and as a companion no less! My Sentinel might be rather happy. Although I do not trust to a dataminer; how have they found so much patch information if there's no beta to be downloaded? There's no reason for Bioware to put KOTFE information into the game already, especially since it would lead to spoilers, just like it has. Unless they wanted the information to be found. /tinfoil hat. :eek:

Lana has me a bit concerned, though. She's ditched her usual hot-orange saber for a more traditional Dark Side synthetic red. I can't tell exactly, but I'm pretty sure she's also not wielding Marr's saber in the trailer (it doesn't look like it), so it seems to in fact be hers. (I won't know 100% until next-week if her trailer saber is her usual one from SOR because I've done the Yavin weekly on both my 60's this week already. Can someone else confirm?) But her brutality is stunning, and out of character (in SOR, anyway - by Ziost she seems to have gotten much darker: "Let's vivisect a Jedi's brain to see what made her kind of but not really resist the Emperor"). She throws a sky trooper off a bridge - given that they are sky troopers I'm not so sure that one is dead. But the Force-sensitive ground-forces-type trooper we saw from the CGI trailer is force-lifted and impaled. You can clearly see she goes limp after Lana stabs her. (That particular event seems to be the choice delineated by LadyInsanity where you can either [LS option] convince Lana to spare the trooper or [DS option] allow her to kill the trooper.) I have no desire to have my Shadow fall to the Dark Side after her.

I got carried away really hard with this post. I'm sorry ;_;

Edited by Diviciacus

I totally want to see Darth Marr's face now...I wonder if he IS hideous and that's why he chose his name? Either way, show us the goods :p

I'm not getting excited about Theron until the devs confirm him.

Edited by Nefla

He is a Sith and hides his face behind a mask. What do you think? I would put my money on Freddy Krueger. 8)

Hi... btw. New here. *brings cookies* :)

Woohoo cookies!! Welcome to the topics, nice signature as well! :D