Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

CourtneyWoods

Today we are excited to announce the release of the Free-to-Play Video Preview Episode 2. Based on feedback posted by viewers of the first preview video, this new video focuses on what kinds of items will be available in the Cartel Market for purchase. Narrated by Senior Producer Blaine Christine, the video highlights two of the new Cartel Packs, the Crime Lord’s Cartel Pack and the Black Market Cartel Pack, which include unique items such as a Kowakian Monkey Lizard Pet and other cool items!

Watch now

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cartel Market button is really annoying. Thankfully, it can be shrunk and darkened in the UI customization.

Oh and lightsaber > gamorrean axe.

I could only see myself giving this to some companions, but I doubt it can be used as a techblade or vibrosword.

Edited by Felioats

The Cartel Market button is really annoying. Thankfully, it can be shrunk and darkened in the UI customization.

lol thank christ for that...every video and screenshot I have seen had me thinking "did it really need to be that big?!"

:)

Phew. Cheers. This deserves to be quoted a couple of times;in video it looks like a massive middlefinger in your UI.

If only procs/debuffs/buffs bar had even 50% of space they've sacrificed to dat sweet button.

Edited by Stradlin

Huh... I was really worried that it'll stuck there like that. It really looks something just throw on the screen without any planning or design. Awful. But if I can move it away, and resize, don't care.

I have seen some very stupid things but a throne with rockets on the bottom so so you move about while seated? Really Bioware?

From the video it even looked like it went up to speeder piloting 3 so would ba as fast if not faster than speeders. So people will be flying around on floating thrones. And yet sitting on a stationaty chair is too much work.

I'd like to... uh... N-th that motion. It should be part of the normal menu, at most in a slightly different shade of blue. I already find the blinking help/service button annoying (try ignoring it after it has been active for a month due to some stuck tickets), and that cartel market thing is just out of place.

Next episode: custom armour. "When you buy access to months of operations and warzones, you can make those really good." Sarcasm aside: they're actually a nice thing to mention, since they give f2p players an option at a decent look with planet commendations, and without buying the colour unification unlock.

All in all, I feel appropriately marketed to :rolleyes:

A flying chair? That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Hopefully they will make it so it's a lot slower then proper speeders/mounts.

Because everyone flying/driving around in a chair is just beyond totally retarded, I demand the guy who came up with this idea be fired and never allowed to work in the gaming industry again.

Is it only me who is shocked at seeing Blaine Christine's face?

With all the layoffs at EAware and the people who left on their own, I can only guess at the amount of stress and additional work that has fallen on Blaine Christine's shoulders. Look at the poor guy's face, he seems completely dead tired, his eyes are rimmed and red, his skin is pale.

Maybe I am imagining things, but he seems overworked.

EAware has been killing its remaining developpers... "look we laid off two guys, the third guy remaining must now do the work of 3 persons but we don't care this must be done!"

Could it be the real reason the two founders left Bioware?...

Compare to the same Blaine five months ago at E3 for patch 1.3

Edited by Oggthebase

Is it only me who is shocked at seeing Blaine Christine's face?

With all the layoffs at EAware and the people who left on their own, I can only guess at the amount of stress and additional work that has fallen on Blaine Christine's shoulders. Look at the poor guy's face, he seems completely dead tired, his eyes are rimmed and red, his skin is pale.

Maybe I am imagining things, but he seems overworked.

EAware has been killing its remaining developpers... "look we laid off two guys, the third guy remaining must now do the work of 3 persons but we don't care this must be done!"

Could it be the real reason the two founders left Bioware?...

Compare to the same Blaine five months ago at E3 for patch 1.3

He looks tired and there's no doubt workload has increased, but he also has more facial hair, and the lighting is very different. At E3, he had a spotlight on his face. This new video looks dim and yellowy by comparison. I'm sure there was a higher energy level at the convention, too.

http://i.imgur.com/ZU2sl.jpg

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, and I certainly don't want to pick on Blaine. I'm just pointing out a few factors to consider.

Edited by Felioats

i thought the throne is something you can have in the ship but well look like its almost like a new speeder or hovering chair which is really ridiculous!

other than that, looking forward to the rest of items!

yea the throne looks stupid, come on Bioware let us use our ships as playing housing so we can have thrones like that on ship and trophy's etc and while we at it can you please finally allow use to sit down on seats.