Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

Beniboybling

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh just to note, shall be making my own battle probably tomorrow so keep an eye out. Gonna have its own rules/limits/etc etc
Sounds exciting!

Random comment: one of the things I love most about going over comments and totting up scores, is hearing the old 'ok I think were done here' when the debate goes on for like another 10 pages.

That and people constantly switching sides, changing their mind and contradicting themselves. :D

Sounds exciting!

Random comment: one of the things I love most about going over comments and totting up scores, is hearing the old 'ok I think were done here' when the debate goes on for like another 10 pages.

That and people constantly switching sides, changing their mind and contradicting themselves. :D

Yes I keep saying "I'm done" over and over in some posts, yet always get sucked back in. :p

Lol, well there actually is a starting point to it all. Smugglers, bounty hunters, the underworld - talk to people/bribe people who have had dealings with the Black Sun, that's bound to turf up the location of several bases. And talk/take over Xizor's suppliers to, if they ship the supplies to Black Sun personally, they must have a few locations.

Xizor can't possibly hide the location of all of his bases. Central bases in particular will likely also be rather well known, in experiences playing the TOR series major crime bases after often known by the locals. I've inflitrated my fair share. And if we recall TCW, Maul has no trouble finding the Black Sun base on Mustafar, nor did he have trouble finding the Black Sun Fortress on Ralltiir or tracking down the Vigos Morn and Darnada. Remember that Black Sun isn't completely hidden, else they could never do buisness. They have 'shopfronts' if you like and well a fortresses designed to act as symbols of authority to the people they controlled (like Jabba's Palace on Tatooine) and that's where Revan would start.

Also if Revan moved fast enough, (he has forces in the Core Worlds) he could invade Xizor's Palace on Coruscant before the Prince has time to erase data on other bases, which could be a very powerful resource.

So that's the starting point, then the cycle begins.

Why didn't you write that in the first place?! It makes much more sense now, thank you. Alright. I'm done. And am ready for complete and utter Traya annihilation. G0_T0 FOREVER!!!!!!

One point I think that should be made is that the kind of assassins Xizor can hire to go after Revan wouldn't exactly be the kind he hasn't faced before. They wouldn't exactly be something that would catch Revan by surprise.

On the flipside, Xizor hasn't had to deal with force-using, lightsaber wielding assassins... If it came down to assassinations, Xizor may actually be in serious trouble because the assassins Revan could field would be entirely unfamiliar to Xizor.

One point I think that should be made is that the kind of assassins Xizor can hire to go after Revan wouldn't exactly be the kind he hasn't faced before. They wouldn't exactly be something that would catch Revan by surprise.

This isn't strictly true.

The only "assassins" Darth Revan has faced before are Jedi. He will be completely unfamiliar with other non-force users and their tactics. IG-86 droids did not exist during Revan's time. I'm almost positive he's never had to deal with an Anzat. Let's also not forget that Redeemed Revan fell prey to many assassination attempts by non-force users, and was almost defeated in several, had it not been for his companions. However, these attacks haven't happened yet, and so he will still be prone to underestimating them.

Darth Revan has not faced assassins other than Jedi, so he will be just as "surprised" as Xizor.

Edited by Warren-Stride

:rolleyes:

Alright, but without the companions, even your Revan would have been toast.

Are you referring to Calo Nord and Darth Bandon? And all those Sith who were like 'Darth Malak is most displeased that you escaped Taris alive...blah blah blah' I'm not sure I'd call them assassination attempts, just battles Revan happened to be outmatched in (although that is sort a hypothetical statement, we only assume that based on game mechanics.)

Either way I think the element of surprise depends less on the knowledge of the 'art of assassination' and more on the skills of the assassin, and the circumstances in which in happens...

EDIT: Mind you, when it comes to assassination, Revan is something of an expert - e.g. HK-47, Sith assassins etc. he used assassination extensively during the Jedi Civil War. But Xizor is no stranger to assassination protocols either :D

EDIT 2: But anyway, enough debate - I think its time to call this.

Edited by Beniboybling

IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: Darth Revan

Darth Revan: 89

Prince Xizor: 75

The Kaggath Final will premiere soon once we've all had a well deserved rest, so start flexing those debating muscles. For now, I'd ask you to turn your attention once again to Kaggath Suggestions in preparation for the Kaggath Bonus Series.

Thanks for debating! That is all.

If you're calling it now, great.

Also, if you ever talked to HK-47 in the sequel about killing Jedi, or anyone for that matter, he had a pretty extensive list of methods and weapons he was familiar with and employed. There isn't really anything special or innovative about the IG-86 droids when you get down to it.

They're tough, fairly agile, and have flexible programming. They use blasters and explosives mostly, and whatever else they can get their hands on. Not that different from HK-47 at the end of the day, and Revan built HK-47... in his spare time, while conquering the galaxy. He's kind of the inventor of the "assassination protocol".

EDIT: I see that the results preceded this post by one minute. However, you can never have enough HK-47.

Edited by Ventessel